Question for Pat?

Thanks Pat for responding earlier. I have another question as I browse..... Are you finished at 4500 graphs? You mentioned about some density issues( ie.......PROTHICK). I have very thick black hair on top and back----As I mentioned earlier I had 1500 graphs to fill in the front hairline. I maybe wanting to fill int the rest, but if say...If I only have 2 more procedures left, I would have to guess I should hold off? I will consult with Matt Zupan before hand, but whats your take on this? Is it realistic to say that someone may have up toward 6000-8000 graphs in them? Please advise...thanks in advance.

Thanks Pat for responding earlier. I have another question as I browse..... Are you finished at 4500 graphs? You mentioned about some density issues( ie.......PROTHICK). I have very thick black hair on top and back----As I mentioned earlier I had 1500 graphs to fill in the front hairline. I maybe wanting to fill int the rest, but if say...If I only have 2 more procedures left, I would have to guess I should hold off? I will consult with Matt Zupan before hand, but whats your take on this? Is it realistic to say that someone may have up toward 6000-8000 graphs in them? Please advise...thanks in advance.

• Administrators

EJR,

I've heard it said that hair is like money - you can't have enough. Who can argue with that?

They also say that people do not perceive a cosmetically significant amount of hair loss until they have lost about 50% of their original hair. In other words, most of us really do not need to restore our hair to 100% of its original thickness to achieve a full look.

When restoring hair, once the patient reaches this 50% threshold, going beyond it achieves minimal cosmetic value.

For me as a type 5a, with thick course hair, it took me 3 sessions of about 1500 grafts each to reach this threshold of having a full look.

I have thinned since then in the crown despite taking Proscar and would not turn away new hair in the crown area. My donor area, to my pleasant surprise, is still thick and plenty elastic and I can certainly do another surgery in the future if I feel compelled.

But I find minor thinning in just the crown area to be of only modest to minor concern for now. So when I do want to enhance the apperance of thickness in the crown I do some times use a volumizing spray like Prothik. This stuff seems to double the appearence of fullness for any given volume of hair (see mine and others posts under Forum - Shampoos and concealers . . . )

I hope this is illuminating

Pat - editor

Thanks for reading this post. But it's your posts that make this discussion group real and vital. Please jump into the discussion. Just pick a topic and click the reply button.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.