Requesting HT surgeon sgstns for New Orleans & area

Good afternoon,

I had 300 grafts about 8 years ago now, and I really was delighted by the results (doc was in Long Island, NY...do not recall the name), only drawback having been the noticable donor area scar on my very pale skin.

In any event, time marches on and I now seek suggestions for a surgeon in New Orleans or the Deep South generally.

My total budget will be $4000 for the procedure.

If you could give me an idea of what I might hope to expect at that price range, that too would be helpful.

Thanks for any guidance.

TP

Good afternoon,

I had 300 grafts about 8 years ago now, and I really was delighted by the results (doc was in Long Island, NY...do not recall the name), only drawback having been the noticable donor area scar on my very pale skin.

In any event, time marches on and I now seek suggestions for a surgeon in New Orleans or the Deep South generally.

My total budget will be $4000 for the procedure.

If you could give me an idea of what I might hope to expect at that price range, that too would be helpful.

Thanks for any guidance.

TP

TP,

Hey, welcome to this community forum! Is the donor scar wide or raised or just dark in color against your fair complexion tones?

If you are seeking a scar revision and possibly more coverage with it, talk to Drs. Bobby and Brad Limmer in San Antonio, TX. BTW, Brad is the younger son.

Have not heard of docs reputations in your state, nor Alabama, Mississippi, and it's nothing personal, just not aware of any.

Also consider Dr. Scott Alexander in Phoenix who is worth traveling for as well. He's been involved in medicine as a surgeon for several decades before he started in hair restoration and he really knows the dynamics of cosmetic and plastic surgery. He's very meticulous in every aspect, always looking for ways to improve the procedure. He's also spent alot time training in FUE with Dr. Feller.

Those are some good docs somewhat in your geographical area. Best wishes!

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the response. Sorry for the delay in mine.

The scar not particularly raised, it is simply noticeably through an absence of hair, as it were: I will post a picture of it sometime.

I don't really care to seek scar revision, but I would hope future surgeons would learn from it! icon_smile.gif I scar. I have had arthro. surgery and even the tiny probe left a noticeable scar.

Thanks for the suggestions!

TP

TP,

Your welcome. Sounds like the variance in how you healed especially the epidermis. That can happen. Have you thought of having hair grafted into the scar which would ultimately be less invasive yet may help in covering the scar? You may want to do a small "test" or pilot session to see the results first. Best wishes to you.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY