Is hairloss common 5 months after surgery?

Hello,

I had a translant about 5 months ago (4,621 grafts in all). I would estimate that I lost about 1/3 to half of the follicles in the first month after the surgery. Then the remaining hair started growing. All was going well and I was very impressed with the results.

But in the past few weeks, I've noticed that the hair has been falling out. If I run my fingers through it, I've noticed that a significant amount will fall out. And I notice that my hair is definitely less dense now than it was just a month ago.

Is it normal to lose transplanted follicles this long after my procedure? And if so, will it grow back?

I am using proscar and monoxodyl daily. I don't want to freak out, but this doesn't seem right to me.

Many thanks for any answers you can provide.

Hello,

I had a translant about 5 months ago (4,621 grafts in all). I would estimate that I lost about 1/3 to half of the follicles in the first month after the surgery. Then the remaining hair started growing. All was going well and I was very impressed with the results.

But in the past few weeks, I've noticed that the hair has been falling out. If I run my fingers through it, I've noticed that a significant amount will fall out. And I notice that my hair is definitely less dense now than it was just a month ago.

Is it normal to lose transplanted follicles this long after my procedure? And if so, will it grow back?

I am using proscar and monoxodyl daily. I don't want to freak out, but this doesn't seem right to me.

Many thanks for any answers you can provide.