Propecia question here...

Hey everyone! I've been on this forum now for a little over a month and wanted to say thank you. I feel I am far more educated on the subject and feel better equipped on how to deal with my hair loss. My question is, as far as regrowth goes with Propecia, how long should you have been losing your hair for to get good regrowth results? Now I know this question can't be answered down to a science, but just a rough answer. My hair has been thinning now in the crown for about 3 years now.

Cheers,

danger

Hey everyone! I've been on this forum now for a little over a month and wanted to say thank you. I feel I am far more educated on the subject and feel better equipped on how to deal with my hair loss. My question is, as far as regrowth goes with Propecia, how long should you have been losing your hair for to get good regrowth results? Now I know this question can't be answered down to a science, but just a rough answer. My hair has been thinning now in the crown for about 3 years now.

Cheers,

danger

Danger,

I would not "expect" any "regrowth" from Propecia, I did not get any myself, but I did stop losing my hair.

"Some" guys in the Propecia study did get some regrowth, however it is uncommon and often only very recently lost hair. (and often younger men).

NW

danger:

As NW points out, Propecia is better at halting further hairloss versus regrowing hair.

I don't remember the percentages of men who got regrowth, but remember, there is a difference better regrowth and cosmetically effective regrowth. Probably very few men got really looks-altering regrowth.

That being said, my crown has really filled in nicely. Well, most of it. The top 1/4 of it is still thin, but the rest thickened up very noticably to me.

I posted a comparision pict in a thread a while back. It shows what I'm talking about. The only thing to remember is in the "before" pict, my hair is 3/8-inch long and the "after" after pict is about 7/8-inch long. The longer hair aids the look of regrowth, probably. I couldn't avoid it as the after pict was close to the HT date. I'll try to take a better after pict in the future.

Here's the URL:

http://www.geocities.com/vocor1/fiansterideComp.html

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

I may be dreaming, but i remember once hearing that "within three years" hair loss can respond especially well. Don't quote me on that. The more recent the better, in many cases, from what I have heard. Since that hair didn't all fall out overnight, some of your hair loss should be VERY recent and could respond well.

As NW said, shoot for stopping the progression (which would be a big victory in itself) and if you get some regrowth, that is icing on the cake.