Advaned Hair Studio

GRAV15

I'm currently having a bad situation with Advanced Hair Studio! Heres my story...

Last september 2005 i visted AHS in London. I had a consultation and was shown a video about 'strand by strand'.

I was told it is like a fine skin like membrane which my hair would be pulled through and hair would be added to it. I thought it sounded great and placed my order 3000 pounds worth. When it arrived and i had it fitted. I found it to be a wig. Technically it had a thick monofilament base with a PU perimeter. It was first tied to my head rather painfully and i was told to come back the next day. When i did, they shaved the top of my head and stuck it on with glue. It was unnatural, itchy and in no way looked like what was in there brochures on described in the consulatation. I wrote a letter of complaint and they have offered to remake the piece with a more natural appearance. I rejected the offer as it does not change the fundamental point of misrepresentation and goods that are cheap and not fit for it purpose. Im now taking proceedings through my credit card company and may possibly take them to court to redeem my money.

I have now purchased another 'hair system' from another supplier which is far more natural, breathable and cost on 199 pounds! thats right one hundred and nineteen nine pounds!

Please could you post your experiences or email me if you have any stories about AHS

I'm currently in contact with a few of there ex clients and a ex employee.

Thanks

Andrew

• 5 months later...

Hi Andrew,

Just picked up your post dated in March.

I am 100% with you on your comments regarding AHS.

I have been with them 5 years now and constantly ask myself why I let myself be sucked into this expensive fraud run by a bunch of 2nd hand car salesmen.

I am now considering 'breaking free' from these bandits after years of BS and rip-offs.

You mentioned you had found a good, cheaper, alternative. I would be grateful if you could pass that information to me.

I hope by now that you have succeeded in your case with them, but knowing how slippery they are I suspect you are getting nowhere fast.

Hope to hear back from you.

Cheers,

Davy

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

To Whom It May Concern:

Advanced Hair Studio has received recently several bad postings on this website.

We know that the postings were placed and incited by a well planned forum consisting of ex-employee(s) and or competitor(s). Their sole purpose being to tarnish the reputation of Advanced Hair Studio, for their own gain.

Obviously we recognize the fact that being in a consumer sensitive business like ours, we cannot please all clients all of the time as some expectations are too high or unrealistic; and on the odd occasion we can & do make a mistake, but Advanced Hair Studio prides itself on tens of thousands of happy clients; many of which are more than grateful for what we've done for them.

Subsequently those web postings that aren't contrived we ask to contact us so we can make amends, we ask that you contact Chris Attrill our Client Relations Officer, 15-17 Lansdowne Street East Melbourne VIC 3002 or Phone: (03) 9662 3011 Fax: (03) 9662 3412, or Email:clientrelations@advancedhair.com.au. He is Advanced Hair Studio's Client Relations Officer in Australia and New Zealand and is authorized to discuss all complaints and refunds.

If you are a legitimate complainant this would be much more productive than posting possible inflammatory statements on this site?

Yours sincerely,

Advanced Hair Studio