Gone and did it - Here's some post op pics

tkotko

Well, I joined the club and had my procedure done today by Dr. Charles at Shapiro Medical. The procedure was as described by other posters, very smooth and not nearly as much of an ordeal as I was anticipating. They are very professional. So from a procedure standpoint I would have to recommend Dr. Charles. Hopefully in 6 - 9 months I'll be singing the same praises, and I'll post pics approx monthly. I'll try and post a post op pic here if I can figure out how. I feel I owe it to those who have posted theirs and have helped numerous people with their decision.

Postop2.JPG.a549a830793958956e59dd40023f097b.JPG

Well, I joined the club and had my procedure done today by Dr. Charles at Shapiro Medical. The procedure was as described by other posters, very smooth and not nearly as much of an ordeal as I was anticipating. They are very professional. So from a procedure standpoint I would have to recommend Dr. Charles. Hopefully in 6 - 9 months I'll be singing the same praises, and I'll post pics approx monthly. I'll try and post a post op pic here if I can figure out how. I feel I owe it to those who have posted theirs and have helped numerous people with their decision.

Nice !!

I like the hairline pattern...individually staggered hairs add to the natural look when grown in. The Shapiro group - I have see very excellent pics from them - class act clinic!

Congrats !

NW

icon_wink.gif

I had 1907 grafts. Went in for 1500, and Dr. Charles was able to yield an extra 407, nice little bonus. 1200 in the hairline zone, the remainder in the frontal core region. I would say I was probably a NW3, not exactly sure. I'd say I was exactly like AJ from a previous post a few weeks back. I was nervous as hell going into it, now it's turned into excitement to see how this ends up. I'm resting comfortably and very little discomfort, a little throbbing once in awhile in the donor area. They emailed me some good before and after shots, and I'll post them once I figure out how to resize them because they are in groups of 3.

Thanks all for the kind words so far.

tkotko

• 9 months later...

That's the problem with these forums. Once someone has a procedure and is satisfied, it seems they disappear! He mentioned AJ in his earlier posts. He disappeared too. I guess all we can assume is that they are very happy with the results and that they no longer need the forum for help. I guess this is a good thing, but when I have my procedure on February 18th, 2004 with Dr. Rose @ Shapiro Medical, I'm going to keep everyone updated on a monthly basis. I want to help others in the same situation as myself. Thank you to all who have stayed current and helped with follow up pics of post op month progression. You make this forum the great tool it is today!

• 2 weeks later...