Temple Point Restoration: When is it "safe" to do?

Guest Cousin_It

Dr.Bauman...

Seems like you are meticulous in your initial care and followup of this procedure, obviously a reason why the results are so impressive. I sincerely appreciate your enlightening information on this subject. Looking forward to more posts on your techniques.

Originally posted by Hair2day:

Dr Bauman:

Thanks for the explanation.

What is the neck pillow that you are referring to, to restrict nocturnal movement?

It's the 'Bauman Neck Pillow'...

bauman-neck-pillow.jpg

It's included in the post-op kit with all hair transplant procedures.

--Dr. B.

Alan J. Bauman, M.D.

Medical Director

Bauman Medical Group

Boca Raton, FL USA

http://www.baumanmedical.com

Originally posted by Hair2day:

Are these neck pillows readily available at pharmacies?

There are all sorts of pillows available. I've provided these inflatable ones for our patients for years. They seem to work best and are adjustable. We also have a variety of neck pillows available for our patients DURING their procedures. Did I also mention the patient sits on a massager w/ heat during their procedure?

Alan J. Bauman, M.D.

Medical Director

Bauman Medical Group

Boca Raton, FL USA

http://www.baumanmedical.com

Dr. Bauman! I am shocked......... one could almost say you were self-promoting... icon_biggrin.gif

Just having some fun Doc! Every little bit helps when your on your bum for 6-10 hours!!!!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

• 2 years later...
Originally posted by DrBauman:

He was looking for a similar hairline restoration to the example I posted above.

Looking at Joe's pictures, it looks like I prefer to 'round-out' the temple recessions a little more than Dr. Wong. I'll have to look back at some more photos, but I think I do it a little different for each patient.

--Dr. B.

Dr Bauman,

When you look at some more of your photos will you please post patients with significant hairloss like Joe had?

Joe was a significant Norwood 6 and I don't believe you can fill in the recession as aggressive, on a Norwood 6, as the example you posted.

It's like comparing apples to oranges.

Thanks.

-

1st Transplant: 5,485 grafts with Dr Jerry Wong

2nd Transplant: 3,100 grafts with Dr Jerry Wong

3rd Transplant: 5,035 grafts with Dr Sanusi Umar

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Wong

• 3 years later...

I personally dont think temple peaks are as important as many on here do. As long as they are not totally gone, its a waste of grafts unless you are a NW III or less IMO.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Your TPs are fine. However, I must disagree with CD. I think they are paramount to making a Ht look natural. A strong hairline with receded TPs ends up looking like a hairpiece.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

The problem is that most NW 5 and up simply dont have the grafts to deicate to TP. Dont get me wrong, if they are totally eroded, then yes I agree they need to be brought back for balance sake but as long and your peaks are there in some form, it serves the purpose of providing balance. Believe be, if I had endless donor supply, certainly, I would hit mine but for me, my TP on the right is still in good shape while the one on the left is weak but still there. I do not think restoring them would make a huge impact on my overall look. Plus, I wonder if a conservative hairline which most NW 5 and up are given would not lookoff if their peaks are perfectly intact. Hairthere is an exception since hewas able to get a less conservative hairline. Although Joetronics look good as well so I may be wrong.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

CD, did Minox work on your hairline as well?

No but by the time I used it, the hairline was essentially gone. It did help with the peaks though for sure as well as helping to strengthen the temples overall.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts