Celebrity Hair Transplants - Who, Where, and all the other hairy gossip . . .

• Administrators

On the old discussion group gossiping about what celebrity had their hair transplant done where was just too much fun.

So go ahead and sue me Bruce Willis, Elton John, Tom Arnold, Micheal Keaton . . . But I couldn't resist resurecting this topic. Pat icon_eek.gif

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

• Administrators

Note - This message was recopied by Pat the editor from the original discussion group to this vastly improved online community.

The name of orginal poster and the date posted are listed below:

Date: 6/28/01

Time: 8:21:30 PM

Remote Name: 207.224.149.231

Comments

Anybody want to contribute what they know of famous people with HTs? We know Elton John many years ago but now has dumped his many hats in favor of a really nice looking wig. I have heard that Kenny Rogers and Roy Clark did. Senator Joe Biden sure looks like he did (probably not FUs). And hey, why do so many aging rock&roll performers still have hair? Are they just not talking about it?

icon_confused.gif

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

• Administrators

Date: 6/29/01

Time: 8:36:33 AM

Remote Name: 63.21.13.108

Comments

Mel Gibson. I would speculate. Compare Mad Max to What Women Want. John Travolta's entire hairline changed drastically. He doesn't have a front "v" anymore. Tom Arnold admitted to it. The main guy on Arliss looked a lot thinner when he did the first Batman Movie, you could also see mini grafts. Al Pacino's hair thickens every movie reference devils advocate versus any given sunday. Rumors are Axle Rose got a very poor transplant. The lead singer from poison wears a hideous wig. So does the lead singer from Quiet Riot who has more hair with the wig than he ever had. Nick Cage keeps getting thicker for some reason reference leaving las vegas versus gone in sixty seconds. The guy from rockford files I forget his name got some pretty bad work done. Richard Simmons has had a lot of work over the years. Andre Agassi went for a consultation but decided against it. Matt Lauer on the news had the new technique done. I am still questioning Christian Slater and Charlie Sheen both with very high foreheads. But I can't tell for sure Burt Reynolds supposedly has to cover up a bad plug job. So did Frank Sinatra. Tony Curtis has the worst wig in show business. David Lee Roth (pity) has the second. Tom Jones got the mini plugs. His new song should be: It's not unusual to detect my mini plugs.. Some rock stars seem to be completely unaffected Ozzy, Aerosmith-Steven Tyler, Joe Perry-, Jimmy Page, David Bowie, Iggy Pop, Robert Plant.. I think Heroin has acted as a preservative..

My Hair Loss Blog

• Administrators

Date: 6/29/01

Time: 3:18:50 PM

Remote Name: 137.151.65.27

Comments

Robert Blake is another one that had lots of work done.

Also, Sylvestor Stallone.

LB

My Hair Loss Blog

• Administrators

Date: 7/1/01

Time: 1:55:13 PM

Remote Name: 205.188.193.186

Comments

Kenny Rogers: Yes, there's a picture of him with Dr Bosley in their offices.

Tom Arnold: I heard him admit it on TV.

Nicolos Cage: Probably. Roy Clark and Jack Nicholson, a long time ago.

As far as Mel Gibson, Rob Schneier and so on, you can't tell how much is the skillful work of makeup people. Look how good Sean Connery's wig is in Hunt For Red October.

Burt Reynolds still wears a hairpiece, but it is WAY better than his old ones.

My Hair Loss Blog

• Administrators

Date: 7/1/01

Time: 4:33:11 PM

Remote Name: 24.20.64.166

Comments

Actually Burt Reynolds does not wear a wig/rug anymore..he was showing off his transplants on a T.V. interview appx 1 year ago..clearly stating how he loved having his own hair re-distributed/transplanted..He actually was pulling his hair..In what I saw it was a very nice result..during the interview he did not state his Doctors name however.or I missed it....I would be curious if anyone knows the name.??

My Hair Loss Blog

• 1 month later...

Pat,

Dr Blufford Stough in Hot Springs, Arkansas did Bert Reynolds hair. He stayed with him for several months while it was going on. This is the now 73 year old father of the other hair doctor, Dr Dow Stow who you have on your list of reputable doctors. Blufford does not advertise, has a waiting list that is unreal, teaches tons of other doctors how to perform transplants, and has done over 25,000 transplants. His office is in the same building as his sons in Hot Springs and they differ in opinions about transplanting hair. Dr Blufford Stough does hair transplants full time, Dow is only part time. Dow does other cosmetic stuff and also has an office in Dallas. Check out Blufford Stough his credentials are "something else" He did me two transplants which I started back in May. I am very, very happy.

I have seen Burt Reynolds..recent HT..and I have to say..it does looks fantastic..exceptionally natural and a BIG BIG improvement over the hideous wigs he has worn in the past.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Hey Andy,

That's just a vicious rummor. Pat regrew all his hair with Propecia in combination with wd40 and stp starter fluid applied topically :-)

But please don't try any of these remedies at home unless it is the Propecia.

icon_razz.gif

Thanks for reading this post. But it's your posts that make this discussion group real and vital. Please register - it's free and easy - and then jump into the discussion.

My Hair Loss Blog

Does anyone know the real story about Elton John? He obviously wears a wig now (it's better than the hats). I had heard a long time ago that he got HTs. Maybe it wasn't thick enough for his professional image?

And thanks, Pat, for bringing this thread over to the new forum. It's one of my favorites (yes, I started it). icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 months later...

Regarding Elton John..Years ago he had plugs put in, they looked horrible. He resorted to wearing a rug. A number of yrs. back he had surgery done by a doctor in Atlanta, where he resides. His hair is his own. If you see him in a wig now, it's probably because his hair is dirty and he just did'nt want to wash it. He'll be glad to pull his hair up to show you..roots and all. Honest.

About Mel Gibson? All I can say is that my business partner and I sat in with Mel ( at my partners' urging,) in the lobby of his HT doctors office in LA. I was there. Talked to him. Said he was in for a touch-up. Talked about his wife and kids, and how he doesn't drink anymore, but still loves to smoke.

There is no way that Elton John does not wear a system. He has FAR too much hair for them to be transplants. If they are transplants, give me the name of that doc and I'll have a HT tomarrow. Where does Mel get his work done??

Elton John totally wears a wig. Everybody probably knows this by now.

I don't believe Mel Gibson has had a transplant either. No way.

Celebrity posts are made by pranksters who are trying to fool people into thinking they can get "movie star" results. If you know what a hair transplant actually looks like (limited in density and coverage, and a recessed "mature" hairline when done properly), you'll know these posts are a bunch of BS.

if bruce willis had a ht it must have been a dr.woods job,cause this guys not afraid to shave the ol noggin{my hero}. how many of you veteran ht guys would try that?

Right on about Bruce Willis. I don't know why everyone thinks he's had a transplant when his head is shaved, completely shaved. The guy is bald, have you seen Unbreakable?

The best celebrity transplant has got to be Dennis Miller. He's always talking about it but I wouldn't be afraid to admit it either if it looked like his. I'd love to know who did it if anyone knows the answer.

• 3 years later...

Have any of you seen Country and Western singer Randy Travis lately? He has an obvious plant. His hairline is WAY too strait. It looks totally unnatural. I saw him on TV recently making some rediculous religious statements about natural disasters and God punishing us. I almost have to laugh when I look at his hair.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Dennis Miller had his hair transplant done by Lee Bosley himself. I'm not endorsing Bosley, but I have to say, Dennis Miller's hair looks pretty damn good.

Pat O'Brien who used to be on Access Hollywood also had his hair transplant done by Lee Bosley. His hair also looks very good in my opinion.

A few years ago, Howard Stern was talking about Mel Gibson going to Australia and having hair transplanted from dead people. Don't know where he got this information, or misinformation, from. I find this very unlikely.

Supposedly Axl Rose had a flap done by Fleming and Mayer and now wears a weave.

I think Jamie Foxx had the procedure, if anyones seen the movie jarhead, you can see towards teh end of the movie the scene where the soldiers are celebrating the end of the war, they have some shots of the back of his head, and you can see a line there.

I actually started a post this past summer when I inquired if anyone had information on Matt Lauer. I think it is a sure bet although I feel he looks very good. He does still have the big thin spot at the crown.

I've also wondered about James Caan and Kelsey Grammer.

Nicholas Cage seems to wear a hair system much of the time. I've seen pictures of him in private life where he looks completely barren in front. In his latest movie, his hair is drastically different.

The actor Hector Elizondo of "Chicago Hope" is very bald and wears a system in some roles, although I don't think he does in real life at all. The most recent that comes to mind is "The Runaway Bride". However it looks very natural on him, the hairline is visible, and the appearance is appropriate for a man his age.

Phil

• 3 years later...

I saw Robin Williams at the actors studio not to long ago he was loosing his hair big time,

after that every time I see him he looks pretty

good. I was wondering if he got a HT or wears a piece?

As far as Elton if you see old pictures you can tell he did not have good donor hair. the hair in the back of his head was very thing there fore he wears a hair system not a HT

James Caan said on Jay Leno that he sprays on his hair.

I saw the Wedding Planner (2001) last night and Matthew Mconahays (sp) hair looked different than today

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Pat I saw the comment you posted about Matt Lauer getting a new technique done on his hair.

Can you explained please what is this new technique?

Since He is looking pretty bald these days, I don't think he is doing anything

about his hair loss.