Transplanted hair growth

Hi all,

I am nearly 2 months post op and I think Im detecting some minor growth in the recipient area. Basically I have what be described as peach fuzz - thin colourless hair that don't really add much of a cosmetic difference. I am also starting to see a couple of short thin dark brown hairs (my native hair colour), Im guessing this is transplanted hair since it is in the middle of my receeded temples.

So is the peach fuzz also transplanted hair?

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

Hi all,

I am nearly 2 months post op and I think Im detecting some minor growth in the recipient area. Basically I have what be described as peach fuzz - thin colourless hair that don't really add much of a cosmetic difference. I am also starting to see a couple of short thin dark brown hairs (my native hair colour), Im guessing this is transplanted hair since it is in the middle of my receeded temples.

So is the peach fuzz also transplanted hair?

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

Jake.... two months is not too early. My Ht's (2) growth also began around the 8 weeks period. Yes, the peach fuzz is your transplanted hair. The fuzz will darken as it grows longer.

If woman don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy -Steve Smith 'The Red Green Show'

I have kinda the same thing in a way. Only been a month and a couple of weeks but when I run my hand over the top of my head(the midscalp area) where I had my last HT I feel a few really short hairs, like stubble. Can't really see them but I can feel them, they are either new growth or some of my shockloss hairs coming back, but either way I can feel all those short stubble of hairs. Maybe it's my imagination and these are just transplanted hairs that never fell out and haven't grown yet. Either way it does sound like the early stages of growtth for u. congrats!

In my case visually it isn' visible unless you use a microscope, but to the touch there are defiantely a bunch of short stubble, like I said could be new growth or shocked hair coming back but could also be some of the transplanted hairs just sitting there. On my last HT I had a couple of hairs that never fell out and stayed as stubble for a few months then they finally grew. The difference this time is I cannot really see this stubble, its thinner and not as dark as my stubble from my last HT. Who knows, but it's better than feeling a bald area!

I too have new growth at 2 months, not lots but definately some visible sprouts, i can also feel lots of tiny spikes with my fingertips.The peach fuzz is new ht hair, which will thicken up in time.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson