Dr. Epstein looks great...feedback please

jr1

Hey everyone,

"Hairworthy" told me about Dr. Epstein in Miami. I went to his website and his crudentials looked amazing, as well as his photos. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on Dr. Epstein, or better yet, has had procedures done by him. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx very much

Jeff Bowers

Hey everyone,

"Hairworthy" told me about Dr. Epstein in Miami. I went to his website and his crudentials looked amazing, as well as his photos. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on Dr. Epstein, or better yet, has had procedures done by him. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx very much

Jeff Bowers

Ignore the credentials, usually they just obscure the more important question... does he do consistently good results.

I'm not referring to Dr. Epstein, I mean with ALL hair transplant surgeons... even the worst doctors have credentials that seem impressive.

The best thing is to see as many of his patients in person as possible. Hopefully these guys have similar characteristics as you do (approximate age, amount of hair loss, hair characteristics etc)

I agree with Afry credentials mean nothing on a doctors website. Some doctors have these b.s. awards and b.s. world records that mean very little to the actually results.

I must say that everything that I have heard about Dr. Espstein has been very positive.

Good luck

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

I had a procedure done with Dr. Epstein have no complains about it so far, I am at the 4 months mark and things are picking up, I think my results will be very good but I am in the waiting process; by the way I was a norwood 3-4 and had 2433 grafts in the front, keep on looking and make your decision based on facts no credentials, best of luck

i too was a patient of dr epstein. i'm at the 10-week stage now, so i should start seeing significant growth soon. i have nothing but positive things to say about his professionalism. his staff is superb as well. i'm sure he's one of the very best in the country. his pricing is reasonable too.

good luck

RCX -

Thanx for responding. It sounds to me that Dr. Epstein is definitely one of the best, and I will most likely end up going with him. Thanx again

Jeff Bowers

I do have some few pictures that I wanted to put in the network but when I check them thay were not good (guess my wife is not that good with a camera), as fo r prices you can check them on his page they are there, You had a procedure done by Bosley didn?‚??t you??

Tioto -

I did have a procedure by Bosley, and as I said in one of my posts, I think they did a fine job. But, only 300 graphs were done, and maybe I lucked out because it wasn't a big procedure, who knows? However, after reading all of these posts, and seeing some of the pictures of people on this forum from Epstein's work, I think the very safe thing to do would be to go to Dr. Epstein. I have not heard one negative thing about him. He is also highly recommended by other forums as well. So I will probably end up there, and I feel very comfortable about it.

Jeff Bowers

well I had a procedure done by Bosley as well in 2001 and the results were not that good that is why I went with Epstein, you seem to be young to have a second HT yet, good luck in your search

Rugger,

To give you an idea, 2000 grafts cost $7,000. If you come from out of town, they discount it by around $300 or $350. For the quality, it strikes me as quite reasonable.

Hope this info helps

This is my first post. I've been cruising all the hair transplant sites and IMO this is by far the best-- partly due to the format but mostly due to the regulars who post here--I've learned a lot from all you guys ( haven't seen Arfy lately--I really value his opinions). So much for the "sucking up"--now back to business. I'm 57 and fed up with the hair jokes so I've decided to make a change. I'm a NW 5A and been on propecia for 4 years---been losing my hair for 34 years and hearing jokes for 30 of those years. I'm scheduled to have 2500 grafts with Doc Epstein on April 12th. I'll post some before and after pics in the future as well as my opinion on how well the procedure went.I'm pretty confident that I've picked a good doctor and his prices are very reasonable ( even after a recent price increase as reflected in his website). I hope I've made a good decision--only time will tell.

FEDUP -

Good luck, I will most likely end up going to Epstein in the very near future. I'd be very curious to know how the results are. Please post some pics when you get a chance.

You've made a good choice!

Jeff Bowers

My wife and I are combining my procedure in Miami with a 2 week vacation so I won't be posting any pics until sometime in May--but I'll get em posted ASAP

I'm scheduled to undergo 2200 grafts with Dr. Epstein on April 15th. My history is that 12 years ago I went to Bosley in Atlanta and received 70 grafts to try it out. HT wasn't for me. I've waited till now to let technology advance. Now with FU procedure it looks more natural. I've researched 10 doctors in the S. Fl area and have chosen him. Because of his history as a facial plastic surgeon, he seems to have the aesthetic touch. I've met a lot of famous people that have received HT w/ other surgeons. A football player from the Miami Dolphins, a local weatherman, 2 movie stars. Excellent results, the price was high though. Feel that Epstein provides better results w/ ironically lower costs. Epstein wasn't the cheapest. I went to 1 doc that I had to run out. Very sloppy.