Bosley or MHR

Hey again Ranger,

You are now beginning to realize the magnitude of what is at stake here. The best thing you can do for yourself right now is to schedule some online consultations with some of the Coalition Doctors. There is no commitment involved in doing this, so I would forget about the distance posed for the time being. I am also pretty young (25), and I can tell you that I had 2 positive online consults with Dr. True a while back. Send some pictures along with your information and goals (they have forms to direct you). Opinions will probably vary amongst them, but you will here expert opinions on whether or not this is something you could feasibly approach now or if you should pursue it some years down the road. You will probably not be appeased until you speak with some of them.

A lot of young guys come on here and get told to forget it right off the bat by posters here, without speaking to these ethical doctors, and THEN they go to Bosley because they feel hopeless (believe me, I have gotten the private messages). Even if these guys would have been advised to wait, I think hearing that straight from the best doctors would have an impression on them, and they would not turn to the hair mills so easily. And obviously if they were in a position to have some work done, they would be a lot better off starting conservatively with a great surgeon than with Bosley or an impressive but aggressive guy like Armani. It is my feeling, after having talked privately with some of the younger posters who have pm'ed me that they consider seeking these unethical guys out after sometimes getting black and white opinions here sometimes. Anyway, about the online consultations, eventually they would need to see you in person to make the best judgment call, but at least you will be getting some feedback. Ultimately, all you are getting here is the opinions of a bunch of guys who have had hair transplants. And it is good advice from people who care, but you need to speak with a doctor. These doctors are the people this community chooses to recommend to the world.

I don't know what to tell you about your deposit with Bosley. Call them and try to get it back. If it is truly non-refundable, then...I don't know. If, for the sake of argument, if it had to come down to having the procedure or losing the $2500, it sounds crazy but don't do it. If the procedure produces unsatisfactory results, the repair work might cost you much more than that, and emotionally you will be devastated, which is the most important thing.

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

Info about Dr. Lehr http://www.norwood-lehr.com/

I arrived at his office a little before 7 am. I tried to relax some, and then I was called back. Some nurses took photos, looked at me, and then Dr. Lehr came in. He considered my age, family history, and goals. He drew a line and checked it for symmetry. I was given some anti inflammatories, antibiotics, and xanax, I believe it was anyway. I took a few injections and he went to work. The cutting didn't huirt, but I did feel it happening. He sewed me up and then the techs went to work. I did fall asleep during it. I watched a movie, slept, and was kind of out of it throughout the day. They finished around 2 pm. I got a cab. I was able to drive later that day, but some people aren't.

I sat around the next two weeks. THis was the hardest part. I never took a pain med, as I do not want to explain to my employer after a drug test, and I don't want to end up an addict. I did a regime of ibuprofen and tylenol, which worked satisfactorily well. He also gives you a headband-wear it. I did have some swelling in my forehead-wearing it should prevent black eyes. My scabs started to fall off after 4 days, but you should leave them alone-he gives a spray to keep them moist, and also you shower lightl;y the next few days.

Mine was seven weeks tomorrow. I can see little black dots where the transplants were, so I am hoping some sprout through this week. If you have any more questions, please ask me.

BTW, a guy in Tulsa, OK, does a procedure for the same price I had an appointment with him, but then decided to go to Dr. Lehr instead. I recommend you do the same. The other office was very nice to me, but I have heard some bad stuff about him.

If you have anything else, please ask.

PowerRanger,

Certainly we are not trying to further confuse or frustrate you...but as YoungSuccess said rightfully...

"You are now beginning to realize the magnitude of what is at stake here"

It sounds like you have a lot to learn.

Education is the KEY to a successful hair transplant.

You are not equipped with enough information at this point to move forward with surgery. If you proceed, you MAY end up taken advantage of and "butchered" - a term we use for those with an unnatural hair transplant possibly with bad scarring, etc.

Here is another thread that will help you too which has a number of abbreviations and definitions.

Common Abbreviations and Definitions posted by Joe Tillman

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/346...931027503#8931027503

Notice you will find "Dense Packing" defined there as well. For your convenience, I posted the definition from that thread below:

Dense Packing: Variable according to each clinic's abilities but generally is considered to be the ability to place follicular units at greater than 40 grafts per cm2 into bald or balding scalp.

By the way...to learn about the differences between Coalition and Recommended physicians, see the following:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physicia...ation-physicians.asp

Please also understand...

ANY and ALL information we give you should be confirmed by your own research. Don't take our word for it about MHR and Bosley. Use the "Find" feature of this forum and look for those terms. Read posts from REAL patients and see what they have said. Look at pictures and determine for yourself. Make sure you compare Bosley photos from this and other REAL communities (not Bosley's website) with pictures from real patients of our coalition doctors.

Regarding your $2500 deposit....

I can't speak whether they will keep it or not. If you cancel and they keep it, look at the bright side...that's ALL you lose. I know that sounds like a ridiculous statement....but I prefer that to seeing your screenname here a year ago looking for counsel as to what to do because they ruined your life and you need corrective surgery:

See the following thread from a patient who have come back after they ignored the advice of experienced posters of this community. I know it will take some time to read the entire thread - but it's worth it. See the pictures posted as well. NOtice the date and time stamp of the posts - I believe the latter posts are about 6 months to a year apart from one another.

Why does this site recommend some clinics and not others?

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/346...861/m/2031076772/p/1

Sorry to overload you, but all this is important.

Bill

Hi yall, thanatopsis_awry, folica, youngsuccess, 10 years out and Bill,

Yall are mighty nice for replying to me again for taking the time to kindly help me even though you don't even know me. God bless you all and thanks so much again for helping me.

I've replied to each of you individually concerning your posts:

hi thanatopsis_awry,

Thanks so much for replying to me again and for helping me. I think I'm begining to understand the take home message you are trying to get across from me and that is there is more risk with going to a place like Bosley. I noticed that in your signature that you had surgery with Dr. Dorin. He is a coalition right? Did you like his work?

folica,

I'm so sorry that I got mad at you and posted an angry face. My mom always tells me that sometimes I just can't control my temper and I do apologize. It's just that I work all day during the day at the construction site and at night at this bar almost everynight that when I get home I'm so tired and barely have time for anything else let alone read up on things. I'll be the first to admit that I am uneducated and not very smart, but I hope to change that by starting to go to college part-time. I also don't have a lot of money.... but I'm tring to do the best that I can with the few that I got so that I can be happy. In any case, thanks for your advice.

Hi youngsuccess,

God bless you and thanks so much again for replying to me and helping me out. It's great to get input from something around my age and have experience in this whole hair transplantation thing. I'll contact Bosley tomorrow and see what they say about my money. And I'll take your advice to heart and do a consult with a coalition. My who do you think I should consult with.... perhaps the closest coalition doctor to where I live? How was Dr. True and dr. Epstein? Have you had an hair transplantation yet. Isn't it such a drag to be in your twenties and balding? Once, again thanks so much kindly for helping me out. Any other advice you can give I'd like to please hear them.

Hi 10 years out,

Thanks so much for replying to me again and telling me about your experience with Dr. Lehr. I looked and I don't think that Dr. Lehr is in the coalition. Can I ask you question? You don't have to answer if you don't want to... WHy did you go with Dr. Lehr and not a coalition doctor. Would you say that Dr. Lehr is just as good as a coalition doctor?

Hi Bill,

Thanks so much for replying to me again and for helping someone like me. I read that link of yours about the abbreviations and definitions. Thank you very very much it was a good piece of information and also thank you for the letting me know what is Dense packing. Oh, yes and thanks for telling me about the term butchered, it made me realized that Aquarius was making fun for me and calling me a veal....I guess I know I'm not a bright guy.... Anyways, I looked at that link of yours about the guy called "customs", I felt so sorry for him. Do you know how he is doing know? Do you know if he got help for repairing? The pictures that he posted scared the tar out of me. As I said, I'm going to back Bosley tomorrow to ask about my money.... I would like to thank you again Bill for helping me.

Lastly,.... AAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHH!!!!!

Ok now that I've gotten out of my system...I'm still a bit overwhelmed but I'm slowlying getting the hang of it I think thanks to yall.

Hi youngsuccess,

God bless you and thanks so much again for replying to me and helping me out. It's great to get input from something around my age and have experience in this whole hair transplantation thing. I'll contact Bosley tomorrow and see what they say about my money. And I'll take your advice to heart and do a consult with a coalition. My who do you think I should consult with.... perhaps the closest coalition doctor to where I live? How was Dr. True and dr. Epstein? Have you had an hair transplantation yet. Isn't it such a drag to be in your twenties and balding? Once, again thanks so much kindly for helping me out. Any other advice you can give I'd like to please hear them.

Hey again,

Yes, I have had a relatively minor procedure which involved about 600 grafts to restore my hairline. My situation is different in that I have not experienced other hair loss and have no miniaturization. A mature hairline isn't exactly related to MPB (you can read a lot of good info about it by searching Dr. Rassman's site, baldingblog.com). It can happen anytime between the end of puberty and the early 30s. I'm not suggesting that this is what your experiencing, but it is some more information for you to digest. Hair stuff just becomes interesting to read once you've started research! (Bill has taught a lot of us well about the value of education) The hairline moved up about a half centimeter in the middle and centimeter at the temple angles and then stopped there (I had the procedure three years later at 24, now 25). Some would say I'm crazy for obsessing over it and getting the HT, but as we all know how individual loss affects us is relative. Certainly a risky thing to do on my part, but I have a good donor area and it looks like I'm okay for now as far as having stable hair. The men in my family all have great hair with the mature hairline, which is certainly no absolute predictor of my loss but it also isn't entirely irrelevent. I'm on Propecia as a precautionary measure. Dr. True gave me prompt, personalized and detailed feedback. I only mention those two because I haven't spoken with any other Coalition surgeons, but I think you would probably receive the same type of quality responses from those who offer online consultations.

-------

PRanger,

Dr. Dorin, as well as Dr. True are partners and indeed are both Coalition doctors -- based in NewYC. I haven't actually had an HT with Dr. Dorin, though I had one set....as well, I've had multiple consultations with him and his staff.

Two (final icon_smile.gif )things: I have been incredibly impressed by their operation, and would recommend them highly from my personal experience, what others have told me, and the work of theres that I have seen. I was as gung-ho, eager, and adamant about getting the biggest and best HT as quickly as humanly possible when I first met them and, thankfully, they respectfully refused my business. Their ethics, imo, are great, and they have a pretty conservative approach which I think works great when dealing with young guys.

I recently postponed the HT I was scheduled to have....its not that I am averse to young (I'm 21, btw) guys having HTs in the least; rather, the more I learn, self-reflect and get a better grasp on my personal hair loss I fine tune my "battleplan" that I will use to combat my hairloss from now until I die.

Getting HTs will probably be an integral part in your "battleplan" as well; and, when done right by the right doctor can reap the magnificent results. Make sure you find the right doctor for you to get you what you want and deserve!

I feel your pain dude, and understand how complicated things can seem; just make sure you get to the point where things don't seem so complicated and unknown and then you'll know your prolly' in a solid position to start taking serious action!

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Hi PowerRanger,

I won't repeat what everyone else said about Bosley and MHR.

Just wanted to see if you considered or even know of concealers products such as Dermmatch and Toppik. They are excellent products and just might be the things you need to get instant gratification on your hair-thinning problems for now.

These concealers won't stop hair loss, but they might get you by until you are ready to seriously think about an HT.

Check out this thread for more info:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=142583

Good luck.

PowerRanger,

I believe Customs will be getting repair work, or at least he was seeking. I haven't heard from him in awhile now - so like you, I hope he is getting the help he needs.

I'm glad that you are slowly learning more. Give it time.

Don't take crap from Bosley...I'm sure they will try to convince you to have an HT with them, etc. Stick to your guns and continue your research.

Feel free to PM me if you need me.

Bill

Thanks so much for replying to me again and telling me about your experience with Dr. Lehr. I looked and I don't think that Dr. Lehr is in the coalition. Can I ask you question? You don't have to answer if you don't want to... WHy did you go with Dr. Lehr and not a coalition doctor. Would you say that Dr. Lehr is just as good as a coalition doctor?

There are a few reasons. He is decently close to my home. His prices were the most affordable for me. He uses absorbable sutures, which means no one will find out I went through with this, which for my private personality is good. He uses 100% microscopic disection. This means that his techs take teh donor strip and cut each piece into individual follicles. It is not possible to have a dolls head with this doctor. I am also yet to find a complaitn about him or his staff, something that cannot be said about other places. If you have any further questions, please ask.

PowerRanger,

The doc I went to was Dr. Wong of Hasson & Wong. Prior to that, I had an online consult with them via some pics that I sent them via email, & I "dialed in" what I was hoping to achieve when I visited with Dr. Wong the day before the procedure.

Dr. Wong & his staff were top notch, & I'm actually getting pretty good growth starting just 3 months after the procedure[i should post some pics but I've been a little busy with home projects].

Get as much info as you can so you can make an educated decision.

Hi power ranger

Just thought id chime in here! I had a HT done from bosely 6 months ago and like you i saved my money and was very excited to have the procedure done, and like many others i have been very dissapointed w/ the results. Now i have to meet w/ another doc to try fix what the doctor at boobsely broke. It seems to me that to lose your deposit and still have some sort of dignity is better than losing your deposit on top of them over charging for the butchering that they'll give you. now i dont know if anyone has chimed in here with personal experiance w/ bosely but know you can say you heard it from the horses mouth. P.S Just the fact that they would work on you being so young in all speaks to thier ethics. Try toppik for a while, it definatly makes a huge differance. Good luck!

Hi yall,

I just want to post a quick reponse now but I have to go work and will be back at night to check on this thread. It's important to me to keep thanking you again for helping me out. It's sad but in my life I have to rely on people for helping me out since I'm not a smart guy. I've emailed that lady who sits at the front where they greet customers today and I've copy and pasted her reply below after I've addressed each of your posts:

Hi youngsuccess,

Thanks so much for replying to me again. And thanks for telling me about your experience and hope you are happying with the 600 grafts that you got (I've been quoted that # also for me). Was 600 grafts enough for you? I assume it was either Dr. Rassman/True or Epstein that did your procedure. Was it painful? Sorry for asking so much question. You don't have to answer if you don't want to. Thank so much for everything.

Hi thanatopsis_awry,

I had no idea that you were 21 also. It's just that you are so knowledgeable about hair transplantation that I assumed that you already had one with Dr. Dorin. I want to wish you the best on your endevor with your hair transplantation when you get it. Also you mentioned that you had multiple consultations with Dr. Dorin. Is this normal? How many consultations do one need with the same Doctor before deciding to go with surgery? Once, again thanks so much for helping me.

Hi rp1979,

No I have not heard of Dermmatch and Toppik and I checked out that link of yours and seeing that guy Robert_ put dermmatch on his head. It looks great! It's not too expensive so I think maybe I'll order one bottle. I assume you can only get it online since I've never seen it at Wal-mart?

Hi Bill,

I never thought I would expect such generosity and unconditional kindness from a complete stranger online. You don't even know me and you still want to help me. I don't know what to say or know how I can repay you. Thanks for being there. I'll continue learning more as you advised.

Hi 10 years out,

Thanks so much for replying to me again and for telling me about Dr. Lehr and I want to learn more about him since he's closer to me. One question that I had in my mind, is that does Dr. Lehr do Ultra-Refined follicular unit transplantation..... I might be wrong but I think I read somewhere that Ultra-refined Follicular unit transplantation is the most advanced technique today? Once again thank you for everything.

Hi Rhodeman,

Thanks again so much for replying to me again. If I'm not mistaken, Dr. Wong is at British Columbia right? Wow, you flew all the way there from the east coast? Why did you do this since there are so many coalition doctors in the east coast? Anyways, I hope you are doing well with your home projects. I'm actually going to help my mother put new hard-wood floors myself in a couple of months. Thanks you again for helping me.

Hi dakota3,

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply to me and I am deeply sorry what has happened to you. You are the first patient of Bosley who have replied to me and I thank you again for warning me. You are in my prayers so that you can get better and hope that you get the repair work that you want like that guy "customs". I will also consider using Toppik like you and rp1979 suggested.

To all:

Thanks again so much for helping me. I believe that you are trying to help me. Anyways I emailed the lady at the front desk about my money to see if they can make an exception due to my financial situation. I also provided a link to my (this) thread in the discussion forum to her to see what she thinks about it. She emailed me back and I'm now even more confused...I mean she does have a point about the two tier doctor thing. Also, are most people on this dicussion forums get paid by the recommended clinics? Below is her email reply to me. Again I'm still a little bit confused right now and I don't know what to do icon_frown.gif :

Dear Chucky-Lee,

I understand your concerns and it is extremely normal to have second thoughts and anxiety about your decision. In fact, lots of patients feel this way but the vast majority to them decide to go ahead with the procedure and are thrilled. You want to treat your balding problems, right?

I looked at the link of your thread from the discussion forum. In my opinion, I believe that site was intentionally designed to maliciously deceive people. Please be aware that everyone on that discussion forum are paid by the clinics that the site recommends. In addition, don't you think that it is strange that they put their doctors in two separate tiers?: A top tier list of "coalition doctors" and a second-rate tier list called the "recommended doctors". Why even recommend second-rate surgeons and not just the best?! Don't you think that is utterly ridiculous and completely strange? Don't fall prey to their cunning and deceptive tactics. At B osley, we are here to help you.

You'll be delighted to know that when you have surgery with us, you will be entitled to two free sessions of our laser therapy treatment. This is a new FDA-APPROVED advanced, state-of-the-art technology that will help your transplanted hair grow in faster and thicker. This is a limited time offer. In addition, you will receive one bottle of our patent-pending, customized copper-peptide shampoo and conditioner worth over $250 in value.

As noted in the consent form that you signed and dated, we have a non-refundable policy on the desposit. No exceptions will be made regardless of your age or financial situation. Thank you again for choosing our clinic. Starting Wednesday, I'll be out of the office and on vacation for the next two weeks so please refer to the FAQ section on our website if you have any further questions. Your procedure is on the 11th. Please arrive promptly and we look forward in seeing you then.

Warm regards,

Hi 10 years out,

Thanks so much for replying to me again and for telling me about Dr. Lehr and I want to learn more about him since he's closer to me. One question that I had in my mind, is that does Dr. Lehr do Ultra-Refined follicular unit transplantation..... I might be wrong but I think I read somewhere that Ultra-refined Follicular unit transplantation is the most advanced technique today? Once again thank you for everything.

I do not really know what you mean by ultra-refined, so I cannot answer that. The front of my head was transplanted with single hair grafts, so I don't think it can be more refined with that. The results are pending, but as I said yesterday, it seems close to beginning to grow, and they are close together and single hairs, so it should be good.

In regards to the letter you posted-I am not an employee of any doctor nor have ever been. I hate it if you lose $2,500, but consider what the complete Bosley transplant could cost and see if a procedure from another doctor and the lost Bosley deposit is still less than what your Bosley procedure would cost. I do not know if it is more or less, but it is worth a look. I agree that what someone else said about some things costing more than money. if you want more on Bosley, go to google and type 'bosley complaints' and see what happens.

Further, $2,500 seems like a ridicously large sum to hold a surgery date. That is just my opinion though-my procedure cost me $3,000!

PR,

Oh my....First:

I met with Dr. Dorin multiple times over the course of well over a year time span, starting with when I was taking 0 other hair remedies (e.g. propecia, rogaine, nizoral) and had hair loss that was in a relatively "young" state.

As for the Bosley e-mail -- WOW! First, the e-mail is pure **expletive** and a blatent, aggressive attempt by them to do all they can to retain your services and fill you with tawdry sales tactics and false confidence....

Honestly, and I don't blame them from a purely business perspective, I too would feel threatened by the spreading of information and the education of prospective patients if I was hawking a sub-standard service.

I can't speak for all (though I'd bet big $ this is true for most), but I 100% have zero affiliation, financial or otherwise, with *any* of the clinics on this website.

Dude, think about it: there are dozens of surgeons that come with a high recommendation on this website that various people on this site have chosen for their personal reasons.....its not like this site, or the people on it have some committment to worshipping X doctor for his (and our) X benefit...the only commitment this forum has is to staying on the vanguard of hair restoration, and supporting those doctors who are committed to giving the very best and have the utmost ETHICS!!! *NOTICE* -- Dr. Armani is not given full support, despite being very skilled, because of his ethics particularly with regard to the young.

The final, cheap ploy in that e-mail to give you falsehope is their promise of "TWO FREE SESSIONS!!!"...first of all, I beleive that while lasar therapy has been approved for SALE by the FDA, it is not proven to actually treat MPD successfully; regardless, it takes months and months of consistent use to achieve anything resembling results from all I understand.

So, two "free" sessions are a pure gimmick; I am sure that they will fill you with more hyperbole (STATE OF THE ART, LASER THERAPY!!!) and try to fill you with more *false-hope* in the effort that maybe they bleed you of even more money and get you to CONTINUE using the treatment.

Grrrr! Listen dude, at the end of the day its your call, but I implore you to run, not walk, away from Bosley....I'm saying this solely from the perspective of a purely objective, sympathetic, fellow young sufferer.

edit -- in case you noticed or where wondering about my sig and the mentioning of the "laser comb"....its not something which any of the Dr's I consulted with recommended, or something I have high hopes for in any way....if a doctor did hype it to me it would have raised a red flag. However, I got it as a gift from my parents and figure it can't hurt, and with consistent usage I might get lucky.

-----------

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

I second thanatopsis_awry's analysis of the Bosley response. It is truly infuriating to see some bimbo make claims like that about us here. I'm sure Bosley has a GREAT explanation for why their patients do not even meet with doctors before procedures are scheduled. Sorry about your deposit. By the way, none of the doctors I mentioned did my procedure, but I certainly wasn't paid by any of them to post here as Bosley would like you to believe.

Ha, ha! "STATE OF THE ART LASER THERAPY!!!": ****ing typical corporate waste of imagination.

-------

Dear Chucky Lee,

I fully understand your concerns and realize that there is always going to be a slight bit of hesitation with such a serious procedure. Here at the Hair Transplant Forum we are providing the latest in ultrarefined, folicular unit, noninvasive, super dense, molecular rejuvination, nearly nonsurgical, dermatologically advanced hair transplants. It is far superior to any other procedure currently employed by any other clinics in the world. We have the most sought after surgeons with a current 6 month waiting list. But if you act now we will be able to schedule you for next week and provide you with our patent pending green tea, tea tree oil, coconut, pineapple, dht resistant follicular stimulating scalp cleanser and shampoo. This is a $300 value. Schedule today and we will also provide you with a hand carved comb and mirror to view your new locks. We guarantee you'll look 10 years younger. Our pimary concern is you and your welfare. Oh by the way, the deposit you gave us is non-refundable so you are shit out of luck if you try to cancel. All the best. See you soon.

Power Ranger---run from Bosley. As you probably guessed, the above is all in jest. Wow that is quite the letter she wrote. I really feel for you with your deposit but this is quite a challenge. With this much notice they should give some money back. Push the issue.

WE DON'T GET PAID FOR THIS--At least we better not as I haven't gotten my check yet... icon_smile.gif None of us tell you that you need to go to 1 doctor. Just go to someone good. We have faith in the Coalition docs. If you can send us several pics of the Bosley docs work (nonsolicited however) maybe we'll ok you going to him. From what I have seen online there are a couple of decent Bosley/Mhr docs--not many though.

Please think with an open mind. Good luck and take care. Hey look at my photos in the "photo album" section. I had shitty work done 17 years ago and am getting it fixed by Dr. Shapiro in August. Don't mess up like many of us did.

Stay cool. Guys here are looking out for you.

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

PowerRanger,

Hi Bill,

I never thought I would expect such generosity and unconditional kindness from a complete stranger online. You don't even know me and you still want to help me. I don't know what to say or know how I can repay you. Thanks for being there. I'll continue learning more as you advised.

You are certainly welcome. You do not have to repay me. I am here to help...I enjoy being able to give back to this community and all the people in it. icon_smile.gif.

Regarding the Bosley letter...

It is a typical response from a company that is not held accountable for their actions.

For example...here is a website that is NOT affiliated with this site at all...but as you can see, even from the URL - there are some not so good things going on there.

http://www.bosleymedicalviolations.com/

The bottom line is this...

You have to make the decision for yourself. There is no reason to play he said, she said - the information is out there, see for yourself.

And since you are new and might be called to question this site...

Look on other forums that are not affiliated with this one and do research on Bosley. See what information can be found there.

From my time on this and other forums, I have noticed that the data is pretty consistently negative regardling Bosley. Keep in mind, this is NOT coming from paid members of this site. Most posts are made by NONPAID PATIENTS who have had experiences with various doctors.

Here are a few threads from this forum that I found just by using the find feature:

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/346...021048072#6021048072

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/346...941073312#4941073312

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/146...686096014#2686096014

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/albumcomm...491092922#6491092922

Ths of course, only scratches the surface of what's out there.

Continue doing your research.

I suggest putting everything on hold to do your research. Heck, after you educate yourself more and learn everything there is to know about hair transplantation, Bosley, etc, you can always choose Bosley again.

The question remains...

Will Bosley give you your space, or will they PRESSURE you?

If they pressure you, then this is an indication of a business tactic as opposed to doing what's best for you.

Our "pressure" here is...

Take your time and educate yourself.

If you choose Bosley after you are truly comfortable with your choice - we will all hope for the best for you and hope you share your detailed experience with us and photos. We will walk with you in your journey.

If you don't choose Bosley, Bosley won't care what you do.

Just some food for thought.

Talk soon bro,

Bill

You'll be delighted to know that when you have surgery with us, you will be entitled to two free sessions of our laser therapy treatment. This is a new FDA-APPROVED advanced, state-of-the-art technology that will help your transplanted hair grow in faster and thicker. This is a limited time offer. In addition, you will receive one bottle of our patent-pending, customized copper-peptide shampoo and conditioner worth over $250 in value.

I think I am going to be sick.

Sorry to bombard you with even more information...but just reveals even more their lack of credibility.

Read the following thread on what FDA approval for medical devices REALLY means!

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/146...701040113#8701040113.

By the way...the lasercomb has been around for over 20 years...why the FDA approval now? Think about that.

There is also no evidence that copper peptides does anything to regrow hair. Apart from any company claims, I encourage you to look for this data and post it for us.

Bill

One more thing...

I want you to look at the before and after pictures/videos on this site - documented from a gentleman named Seth, a Bosley patient and tell me whether or not you think this is a world class hair transplant.

http://www.youtube.com/user/BattleAgainstBald

Be sure to compare Seth's videos with that of the videos on www.hassonandwong.com for example.

Please tell me if you see a difference.

The interesting thing is...Bosley was using this as a promo of sorts and went live on the air with these results.

For those people out there that don't know anything about hair transplantation, they might be impressed that this person has SOME of their hair back. But it's all a matter of perspective!

Seeing these results verses the results from the best doctors in the industry, I don't think there is any comparison.

Judge for yourself.

Bill

Nice link Bill. That guy's hair looks ridiculous! What I mean is, Bosley is ridiculous (I feel sorry for him). I can't believe Bosley allowed him to go on the air and represent their "work". For anybody who wants immediately see the "after", here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOdbXnsx9do&mode=related&search

-------

I always knew Bosley offered piss poor HTs, but after reading the response they sent to PowerR, and the way they are hawking their services it is just downright shameful and truly showcases ethics of the lowest order.

High degree of incompetence, low degree of ethics, sole aim of $ = disasters waiting to happen.

In a sense, Bosley is just a business, and from this stripped down point of view, their actions are logical and even understandable....they have an inferior product and find ways to compensate for this. At the same time, while Bosley has the right to make this choice, it is our right and choice to point out their deficiencies and faults while offering solutions; which, have nothing to do with business & money but with an objective desire for people to get the best treatment possible for their personal MPB-situation.

At the end of the day, PowerRanger, you gotta go with your gut after analying the information that has been laid on the table; whatever you ultimately decide to do, like Bill said, we wish you the best of luck and hope you keep us posted!

-----------

PowerRanger,

I had my first HT with a RI doctor.

I used the copper-peptide solution with my first HT & didn't use it with my second. I noticed no difference.

I also was given 4 free "Laser" treatments after my first HT, but I thought it was a sham, since there is no scientific evidence that it actually does anything for your hair. It seemed to me to only be a way to take your money if you elected to continue the treatment. Do some research & decide for yourself.

The reason I went to Dr. Wong was because I wanted to have my 2nd procedure done by one of the best docs, so I didn't give the travel a 2nd thought.

Remember the basic rule of sales.....when you're being pressured to do something right away, that's when you should NOT do it. Take your time and do your research. Go to other Hair sites on the web and you'll see the same comments regarding the good docs & the bad docs/hair mills.

I personally would run away from Bosley as quickly as possible, but in the end, you'll have to make your own decision. Good luck.