How long for the donar scar to heal?

Pat,

How long after surgery does it take for the donar scar to completely heal? I had my HT 2.5 months ago and around where the hair was shaved for the donar area hasn't completely filled in yet. It doesn't make sense to me why the area hasn't filled in with regrowth yet. When you shave your head stuble comes back instantly, why is it different in this case? I am worried that it will never come back, please tell me I shouldn't worry and that this is normal.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Pat,

How long after surgery does it take for the donar scar to completely heal? I had my HT 2.5 months ago and around where the hair was shaved for the donar area hasn't completely filled in yet. It doesn't make sense to me why the area hasn't filled in with regrowth yet. When you shave your head stuble comes back instantly, why is it different in this case? I am worried that it will never come back, please tell me I shouldn't worry and that this is normal.

Thanks in advance for your response.

normal hair (not talking about new grafts) grows at about a half-inch a month. so your donor area ought to have grown back in at about that rate. but i hope you're not waiting for hair to grow on the donor strip scar ITSELF....it just ain't gonna happen. thats why we have to hope for a small (narrow) donor scar....its gonna be a no hair zone. the hair on both sides should hide it nicely. correct me if i'm wrong here everybody (and Pat), but i don't believe the scar itself will grow hair again.