I've read where using saline solution to rinse your hair is fine. I know this was used to rinse my hair after the HT was done. following my doctors instructions, I will be able to gently wash my hair tommorrow for the first time since my HT, sure wish I could do it now cause it's driving me up the wall but will wait till tommorrow. Did you guys have any problems washing your hair the first time? Any pointers? Is this the same saline for contacts? Thanks, John

1500 FUT's Dr. Brad Limmer 07/02/07

1500 FUT's Dr. Brad Limmer 07/03/07

I've read where using saline solution to rinse your hair is fine. I know this was used to rinse my hair after the HT was done. following my doctors instructions, I will be able to gently wash my hair tommorrow for the first time since my HT, sure wish I could do it now cause it's driving me up the wall but will wait till tommorrow. Did you guys have any problems washing your hair the first time? Any pointers? Is this the same saline for contacts? Thanks, John

1500 FUT's Dr. Brad Limmer 07/02/07

1500 FUT's Dr. Brad Limmer 07/03/07

Slowly,

Saline is Saline which consists ultimately of salt and water. I am not sure exactly what is in contact solution...however, my guess is there are other ingredients as well. I would just buy straight saline.

First couple days washing your hair: Be gentle. Honestly, for the first 2 days, I didn't even touch the grafts...I just poured gently water with some shampoo in it over top of my head. By day 3, I very gently massaged shampoo over the grafts being very delicate. By day 4, I resumed normal washing but with a bit more care. By day 5 and 6, I started showering twice a day, morning and night and started doing the gentle circular motions with my finger tips over the grafts to ever so gently work off the scabs. By day 7 and 8, I was touching my head normally and using the same circular motions, just with a bit more pressure - still being careful of the grafts. It is better to do MORE circles to work off the scabs slowly than pressing hard to force the scab off. By day 9 and 10, most of the scabs were gone.

Bill