Anyone in Boston?

Anyone have an experience in Boston? I would like to find a doctor for my second procedure. After alot of reading, I don't think I want to go back to Bosley.

Anyone have an experience in Boston? I would like to find a doctor for my second procedure. After alot of reading, I don't think I want to go back to Bosley.

• 3 weeks later...

John,

I met with Bosley in Boston and was shocked at their prices, although the Dr. seemed very professional. Their high prices may be somewhat related to their intensive use of infomercials and their location on Boylston St, in the Penthouse suite. I am now seriously considering Dr. Mark DiStefano, who does surgery in either Worcester or Rhode Island. I went to the main ofice in Worcester and felt very comfortable there. His prices are also more realistic. You wil get more transplants for less money, and the Dr. and his staff seem wonderful.

Bill,

I posted a reply to your question but also wanted to reply here. I have read some information about DiStefano and others in Massachusetts. I almost originally was going to go up to Canada but decided against it. I would be real interested in what you have found out and what the prices are. If you feel more comfortable, email me at discodon77@hotmail.com.

Bill, I know! The price was not cheap.. I am happy with the results so far. Undectable. I am able to cover with the hair I have left.. It is just starting to come in now. I have found a doctot in NYC. Dr Bernstein is well respected in all FU so I have heard. I am going to meet with him next month. I will let you guys know what is up. I am hoping I will only need 1 more procedure. I had 864 grafts at Bosley in Boston. I am an early class 4. I hope to have a nice head of hair by Spring!

• 4 weeks later...

Just had my procedure with Dr. True in NYC. Met with him in Boston last month for consultation.

Did @1800 FU's, went down in the am - came back that evening, was pleasantly surprised at how smooth it went - his staff and facility were top notch... highly recommended!

• 5 years later...

I just had my 4th HT last week by Dr. Phillips at Bosley Boston. I never shopped around and this was stupid. But this was my experience. My first three procedures were great. My hair was much thicker and no hair stylist ever said a thing. Even the donor areas are usually not noticed. My local stylist does not even know. She did notice one of my donor scars eventually but this was after my third procedure. Everytime i'm out of town and get my hair cut I ask the stylist to find the scars as I don't care because I will never see them again. They can find the scars and don't even think transplant. When I tell them I have had 3 procedures they are really surprised. I'm a little more concerned with my last procedure because It was larger, the Dr seemed a little rushed, and the techs were different(the last three times I requested the same team and was lucky enough to get it.), and this last procedure involves more frontal work and some temple and even sideburn work. I had no worries before during, or even after my 4th procedure with "Dr. Phillips" until I just now started reading all the horror stories about Bosley. I say "Dr Phillips" because common sense should tell anyone that it's the Dr and not the franchise that matters. Sure, I agree they are over priced, the counselor is a salesman, and the ethical practices of Bosley in general are not good. But the fact is I had great results with the the same Dr three times prior. If another Dr were there, I probably would have gone somewhere else besides Bosley. Turns out Dr Phillips is leaving in December so if you want to get something done you should hurry up. I really think that you're like me. We both have had good experiences with one Dr that happens to work at Bosley. Now were both concerned about Bosley because of all the bad things we read.