Bill - Managing Publisher

Creating New Threads in the Right Forum

Dear forum members,

Recently, I moved a number of threads to their appropriate forum, especially those related to various non-surgical hair loss treatments.

In the past, I've been in the habit of sending a private message to each member after I moved their thread, but as large as our forum has grown, this is becoming next to impossible. Therefore, to minimize any difficulty in finding your thread, please try to create new threads in the appropriate forum.

You can find all the questions about various non-surgical treatments in the hair loss drugs section of the forum.

Our forum is typically dominated by hair transplant related questions which is great. However, I encourage all members to read and reply to questions in all sections of the forum, including the non-surgical hair restoration section.

Thank you for all your excellent contributions.

Best wishes and happy follicles!

Bill

I am the managing publisher of the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog and this Hair Loss Forum. I am also a 4 time hair transplant patient. View my patient hair loss website to view my entire hair restoration journey with photos.

Remember, true beauty radiates from within, not from the skin.

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Bump

I am the managing publisher of the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog and this Hair Loss Forum. I am also a 4 time hair transplant patient. View my patient hair loss website to view my entire hair restoration journey with photos.

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Hi Bill

That makes total sense in order to organize your site. However can you not leave general posts for a few days or better yet up to a week or more before moving them. Most people especially new members and the curious non members go to the first page and browse. Your likely to get the best answers there compared to a lost post in the proper forum.

Hoping to get a response, don't know where to look etc.

Not a pain in the "a" new member. I appreicate what an incredible site this is and understand the 1000's of hours you have put into it. Just a not so savy member hoping to get answers and suggestions.

DB,

I understand your viewpoint and your input is appreciated.

However, if the regulars of this community remember to check and respond to posts on all parts of the forum, all questions will get answered no matter where they are asked.

The "Hair Loss Drugs" section is often very active, especially there are new threads to address.

So in reality, moving the threads into their proper location will actually draw additional traffic to them by default.

Does that make sense?

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi Bill,

I found my recent post and yes it does make sense that moving threads to their proper location will draw additional traffic. I see one of the responses to my post was by yourself the Associate Publisher and Forum Co-Moderator so I was very honoured. Thank you!

It is a fantasic site. I am thrilled I found it and as a new member with a lifetime of questions it is incredible for me to be able to read and learn from informed members to esteemed Doctors. I appreciate and thank you for a site that has really helped me.

My Hair Transplant Experience:

I had my hair transplant surgery in Pakistan. It was performed by Dr Humayun Mohmand in Islamabad one of the leading doctors in hair transplant surgery. I had my surgery in Feb 08, and now it's been 14 months. He grafted 1800 grafts in one session. It took almost 8 hours and went very well. I am very happy with my results and I feel very good and look younger and I am getting lots of compliments for my hair transplant. His clinic was very clean and tidy. The cost of the hair transplant was nothing, compared to Canada.

My total cost including the airfare was less than $4000.00 I have no problem recommending anyone for a hair transplant to Dr. Humayun. Please feel free to contact me for any questions.

Originally posted by moonstone:

My Hair Transplant Experience:

I had my hair transplant surgery in Pakistan. It was performed by Dr Humayun Mohmand in Islamabad one of the leading doctors in hair transplant surgery. I had my surgery in Feb 08, and now it's been 14 months. He grafted 1800 grafts in one session. It took almost 8 hours and went very well. I am very happy with my results and I feel very good and look younger and I am getting lots of compliments for my hair transplant. His clinic was very clean and tidy. The cost of the hair transplant was nothing, compared to Canada.

My total cost including the airfare was less than $4000.00 I have no problem recommending anyone for a hair transplant to Dr. Humayun. Please feel free to contact me for any questions.

Speaking of posting in the right forum... icon_smile.gif

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

I should mention that the handiest thing I do after a day of being away from the site is to simply click on "Find", then 'uncheck' "search current forum only" and then click on "New Since your Last Visit". It allows me to get caught up very quickly with any new post in any section. I'm sure most others do this as well, but I thought it might help new visitors also.

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

The real problem, (considering I'm definently a person who posted in the wrong thread,) - is the NAME of this portion of the message board. I came to "hair restoration questions and answers" to ask about minoxodil - because it was my first visit to this site and that name is broad enough to think that this was the place to post. After reading numerous posts, (afterward,) I can clearly see that this portion of the board is for hair TRANSPLANT topics. I bet that would solve a lot of your problems too - just renaming this section to 'hair transplant questions and answers.'

Bill I'm sorry if I'm asking this in the wrong section but I wasn't able to send you a private message. I just had a quick question to try and calm me down. I didn't think if get like this cuz i thought I knew what to expect. I'm now 7 weeks post op and I've started to shed. I realize this is supposed to happen but are you supposed down to smooth skin. What I'm basically asking is are you supposed to see stubble or something?? In other areas I have hair poking out but in some places it's just smooth skin. I hope they have just shed and are under the skin. I know I have a long way to go still but I'm just getting nervous. I thought you might see a very little stubble. Please put me at ease. Thank you

Its most important that what is actual forum theme only posts that themes not another than that it shows good and ease of users.

Hi Bill. I posted last night and cannot find my three. lol To be honest I don't even know where I posted. I didn't notice I was supposed to post in a certain area until after I had done it. Thank you!

Hi Bill, I read your site and i want your opinion on my hair transplant.. I have found few lines or scabbs (i dnt knw what it is) on 7 day after my hair transplant... I need to knw if it is normal or is there something serious issue with them.... Attached is the latest pic

IMG_20170630_164325.jpg.654052fd895cf8d01db3e040abaec01b.jpg