Gorpy

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've added an 8.5 month update. It's always good to see long term updates. We tend to see a lot of post op photos, but very few long term. At this point my hair continues to improve and thicken. I think for the next year or so my hair shaft diameter will thicken, adding to the fullness.

I think this is a good example of what 30 grafts/cm2 will get you. Of course it varies based on hair characteristics, but in general this is it. I could go for another pass of 20 grafts/cm2 more. Right now, I'm in no hurry to do that. I'm quite pleased with this result.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Gorpy,

Thanks for the update and your effort keeping it alive with pics from start to finish. Right on..........I've seen many start strong posting results then taper off, it's too bad. Let's be honest.....many posters and lurkers here likely would not have gone through with it if not for the shared stories and proven results via posted pics on the forum. Now at over 4 months myself I'm due for an update and hope to post within the next week. I wanted to before now but the digital cam broke and I just now bought another.

I think Dr. Keene did an excellent job with your hairline.........very natural. Looks like you continue to experience some thickening. I suppose you could go back to add a little density.............but it's lookin' pretty good as is! Congrats to you, Gorpy! Enjoy the new look!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

As the others have mentioned, "natural" is what first comes to mind when seeing your pictures - nobody would ever guess that was a HT! Congratulations Gorpy icon_smile.gif

• 1 month later...

At almost 11 months now I find myself on the borderline of wanting another procedure to thicken things up a bit. I like what this procedure has done for me. I also think it has some more "maturing" to do, as in, hair shaft thickening. I should mention that I have also seen some recent sprouts, even at this late date.

I followed Joetronics advice and did some pictures without a flash and in bright light. This is the real deal guys. As you can see it is a little on the thin side.

What do you think guys? Another 20 per cm2 would look good eh?

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album

Originally posted by John_in_NC:

Personally I think you look fine. Another 20 would be too much and not look natural: your hairline is appropriately high and the density fits perfectly in IMO.

Well personally i dont think you can ever have too much hair icon_smile.gif. But I agree that you now have an appropriate look for your age.

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

Dang, the ol' "age appropriate" comment. icon_rolleyes.gif I don't feel old. Keep in mind that in my case, I have the luxury of having no crown loss. So I could play around with more up front.

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album

Thanks for the comments guys. I'm not sure how much donar I have left. My impression is that doctors vary on what is available and what is not. My donar area is medium to good in density. I think my laxity is excellent because I can easily get a lot of movement in my scalp in that area.

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album

Gorpy,

You really have come along in the last few months. It looks great! I would wait until a full year has passed before making a decision on another procedure. I'd also be a little concerned with shockloss to the newly transplanted hair... although most likely it would grow back over time. Thanks for the updated pictures.

'06/2500 w/Dr. Keene

'07/1500 w/Dr. Keene

My Hair Loss Weblog

Gorpy,

Im most likely going to irk some users here but I really think you are a great candidate to get good results from laser therapy. Your hair characteristics could benefit from thicker healthier looking hair. As it sounds like you are considering going in for more grafts, while you are waiting on your next move it might be a good idea to see if laser therapy works for you.

Laser Brushes dont have to be expensive I got mine from http://www.amazinglasercomb.com/ which has more laser diodes than hairmax for around USD $100.

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

you don't feel, but the years do their thing, not just on you, but on all of us. The issue is to have the HT undetectable, and having a 25 year old's hairline brings attention to it. You can't go from no hair to movie star hair without anyone detecting it--unless you move to another state.

Lastly, this is permanent hair, meaning most of it will be there even as the rest of the body starts showing the age. Think long term, and realize that the time for picking up 18-year-old girls has passed icon_wink.gif

You have great hair now, and in 6 months or so will be even denser. Comb your hair more to the side than up, and you get even more density.

Originally posted by Gorpy:

Dang, the ol' "age appropriate" comment. icon_rolleyes.gif I don't feel old. Keep in mind that in my case, I have the luxury of having no crown loss. So I could play around with more up front.

Gorpy,

Your results keep getting better.........it looks very, very natural. I understand what you say about density because I'm kind of have the same dilemma. If I were you, I'd give it at least 12-18 months before you decide....................If you decide to move forward let me know and maybe I'll join you, we could hit up Keene or H&W for a 2 fer 1 deal!!

I disagree with John_in_NC...........I think the thing that would draw more attention to any HT is establishing a youthful hairline with no recision. You've already re-established an age appropriate hairline.........I don't believe adding density would do anything other than make your hair look thicker. You see older gents with thick hair us HT types are envious of all the time. icon_cool.gif

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Gorpy,

Nice results. As for another HT, I would do some consults with some of the doctors we all know and love around here. See what they think. Using their advice, do whatever makes you happy!

Thanks guys. I'll definitely give it a while to mature. It does seem to be getting thicker, but painfully slowly.

Hairbank, that sounds like a great idea!

I'm not really talking about moving the hairline down. I'm happy with where it is. I'm more concerned about thickening what is there. I see guys getting 45 to 50 per cm2 (even old men like me). I only got 30 per. I'm not talking about Elvis hair. Even at 45 to 50 per, there is still some thinness. After all, 45 to 50 per/cm2 is no where near the density of our natural hair.

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album

• 2 months later...

I've added a 13 month update. I think it is still gaining some thickness in terms of hair shaft diameter. I really notice this when I see it looks better under harsh bathroom lighting that I have at my workplace.

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album

Thanks PB,

Nice to hear from you again. I'm sure you have a nice harvest also.

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album

Hey Gorpy,

Nice to see your updated pics. To me, there is a difference (a positive one) between 10.75 months and 13 months for you in thickness..................13 months being noticably thicker. Are you combing it the same way and is it about the same length? If so, I'd say your pics are proof that we need to wait until the 1 year mark before making assessments.

BTW.........looks great!!

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

I am combing it the same way and this picture was taken in the same outdoor light. I do see a slight difference.

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album