Potential Recommendation of Dr. Timothy Carman of La Jolla, CA

• Administrators

Dear Forum Members,

As many of you know, we gather as much information as possible about a physician, their staff, technique and track record before they are even considered for recommendation on the Hair Transplant Network. Part of our review process involves getting input from patients and the members of this forum community. To learn more about this review process, click here.

At the request of this community on this thread, I agree that it is now time to formally present Dr. Timothy Carman of LaJolla, CA for recommendation on the Hair Transplant Network. Then in time I expect that he will ultimately be invited into the ranks of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

We would appreciate your input regarding his potential recommendation.

As some of you know, Dr. Carman has a strong background in plastic surgery and trained intensively with Coalition member Dr. Bill Reed, finishing his one year fellowship in hair transplantation in 2006. He now works with Dr. Reed and his excellent staff doing ultra refined follicular unit hair transplantation. I know that Dr. Reed is very pleased with Dr. Carman's ethics, work ethic and final results.

Dr. Carman's passion is demonstrated by his active involvement in our forum community. In the last several months, he has answered almost one hundred hair loss and hair transplant related questions, and has presented evidence of his ultra refined technique with great reviews from our patient and physician members.

I also recently visited with and observed Dr. Carman in live surgery and was very impressed by his passion and commitment to performing exclusive hair transplantation. See my Visit to Dr. Carman's Clinic in La Jolla, CA

Dr. Carman shares the same experienced staff with Bill Reed averaging over 5 years of experience, and has the ability to perform over 3000 all follicular unit grafts in a single session when appropriate for the patient.

Dr. Carman shares Dr. Reeds philosophy of putting the patient's best interest above technical dogma and as well as his intense compassion and commitment. Using cutting instruments as small as a 20 gauge needle, Dr. Carman believes creating a combination of sagital (parallel) and coronal (perpendicular) incisions depending on the area of baldness and position of the native hair, best mimics the natural angulation and direction of the natural hair. He believes that in using this approach, he can easily work around existing "native" (natural) hair without requiring shaving.

Dr. Carman uses a #10 single blade scalpel to harvest the donor strip to minimize transection. All follicular units are dissected and trimmed under microscopes and carefully placed into the recipient sites by his experienced staff to maximize hair growth yield.

Dr. Carman uses the trichophytic closure technique for all hair transplants he performs and utilizes a single running suture so that the tension is on the underlying fascia rather than the skin. He believes this minimizes and uniforms tension on the wound for maximum healing and minimal scarring.

Given Dr. Carman's impressive credentials and commitment to ultra refined follicular unit hair transplantation, I believe that he should be considered for recommendation. See our standards for recommendation.

Patient and surgical examples can be found below:

2015 Grafts with Dr. Carman

2176 Grafts with Dr. Carman

2207 Grafts Post-Op with Dr. Carman

2300 Grafts Post-Op with Dr. Carman

1929 Grafts Post-Op with Dr. Carman

1821 Grafts Post-Op with Dr. Carman

3515 Grafts Post-Op with Dr. Carman

2893 Grafts Post-Op with Dr. Carman

2820 Grafts Post-Op with Dr. Carman

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

second! I mean, yes is my vote.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

• Administrators

Thanks to everyone who has shared their input regarding Dr. Carman. Based on all the information we have gathered over time, I believe that Dr. Carman deserves to be recommended on the Hair Transplant Network.

He is now recommended and his profile can be viewed on the Hair Transplant Network.

I expect we will all see many impressive results from Dr. Carman and his patients for years to come.

Kudos to Dr. Carman for doing great work and actively participating on this forum.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Dr. Carman has been a great contributor over the last several months and has demonstrated both his passion and dedication to ultra refined work on our forum.

Dr. Carman will be a great addition to our community. An official welcome and congratulations to Dr. Carman on his recommendation.

Best wishes,

Bill