Question for Dr. Limmer

There is some debate about revision of wide scars and success rates or percertage reduction in width. My personal opinion is that 1 revision is always worth a try and I have some 20 Doctors around the world who have joined me in offering donor scar revisions either free of charge as a public service to you and other transplant patients, or at a nominal charge to cover expenses. Expansion methods as well as extension methods may help as well but obviously are a little more technically involved. Contact me back if you want to discuss this more.

BLL

Dr. Limmer

Surgeons are offering scar revisions free, or for a nominal fee. That's great. I would assume any grafts transplanted as a result of the revision would be charged at the normal rate.

In regards to tissue expansion, besides the incovenience of having balloon in the back of your head, being more expensive for the patient (obviously, this procedure would not fall into the realm of free scar revision), is there any situation where a straight scar revision would be more beneficial over tissue expansion?