What happens if you bump your head!!

Hi Guys, I just had a strip surgery with Dr. Hasson 3 days ago. Unfortunately I bump my head on my way back home in the the airport shuttle bus. It started bleeding from 2 points but stopped in a few minutes. What will happen if you bump your head. I hope I did not damage to the grafts badly. Any input would be appreciated.

3664 Grafts with Dr. Hasson - Oct. 5th, 2007

My Hair Loss Weblog

Hi Guys, I just had a strip surgery with Dr. Hasson 3 days ago. Unfortunately I bump my head on my way back home in the the airport shuttle bus. It started bleeding from 2 points but stopped in a few minutes. What will happen if you bump your head. I hope I did not damage to the grafts badly. Any input would be appreciated.

My Hair Loss Weblog

Thanks SlowlyThinning@59. You made me feel much better that I am not the first person doing this. I bumped it the day after surgery (second day). Right now I have blood clog on my scalp. What should I do with them? Can I clean them? Today is day 3 post up and I am supposed to shampoo my hair today.

My Hair Loss Weblog

Yes, I have not taken a shower yet. But I will use a pitcher to pour water over my grafts. How about my donor area? Should I rub my donor area with my finger a little bit?

Has anybody else experienced bumping your head after the surgery? Did it significantly affect your results?

My Hair Loss Weblog

I bumped mine too in the middle of the top .. I think if there is not blood you are ok .. If not look to see if it is a bump or if you dislodged something.. Tough to see so maybe get some help from a friend or wife

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

KamCal,

I didn't start to wash my hair till the 10th day to be on the safe side. I started pouring warm water mixed with shampoo VERY gently on my head on my 4th day post op but on the 10th day is when I started to very gently rub my head with my fingertips and NOT my nails. The grafts should start taking root on the 10th day. You will be reddish pink and sore for a good couple of months. Slowly

KamCal,

I bumped my head on my way back from Hasson and Wong also, thankfully not that hard. I didn't see any additional bleeding but I was concerned. Checking out everything in the mirror when I got home, I couldn't see any damage.

I'd say worst case scenerio you might have lost a couple of grafts. Though this is not ideal, certainly it's far from the end of the world.

The good news is, 11 months later, and my results look terrific! I'm sure yours will too!

Bill

Itching NORMAL..

Also in the first couple of days

A little blood on the pillow from donor

Pinching feeling

Pain

dryness

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

KamCal, In one of my posts, I said: "Yes, definitely" in response to your asking a question, but I didn't read your entire post. That was just in response to you asking if "it would be okay to rub the donor area gently".

Thanks Mrjb, Bill, and its752 for your response and support in my post op. Thanks its753 for clearing up your response. That makes me feel much better now!! icon_smile.gif Today is day 4 post up and I am swelling like hell, especially around my left eyes. It looks like someone has punched me in the eye!!! I am hoping this would go away by day 6 as I was told by Dr. Hasson.

My Hair Loss Weblog

Hello...

1) I second the "itching is normal!"

2) I also had a FHBI (Head-Bumping Incident)...in fact, about a month or so after the HT. Pictures available on my really-needs-to-be-updated blog... icon_rolleyes.gif Basically, after the first few weeks (maybe sooner), the grafts are fully secure, so aside from the pain, bumping your head will not cause them grief.

Benjamin