Post op recomindations

Finally took the plunge, I am at about the 5 day mark. After the two week mark I will give a full detail to help everyone as much as I have been helped.

My regiment so far has been to sleep upright for 5 days. Vitamin C 1000mg 2x a day, Post surgigal biotin spray (given by my doc) works great. Bathing once a day to remove scabs. Also neosporine 2x a day I will probably use this to day 5. Ice all the time.

I was wondering if any of you had other recomendations. Is it ok to use neosporine or will the hinder healing. Is there a limit to how long I can use ice, it feels good.

thanks

let all work together

Research makes perfect

Finally took the plunge, I am at about the 5 day mark. After the two week mark I will give a full detail to help everyone as much as I have been helped.

My regiment so far has been to sleep upright for 5 days. Vitamin C 1000mg 2x a day, Post surgigal biotin spray (given by my doc) works great. Bathing once a day to remove scabs. Also neosporine 2x a day I will probably use this to day 5. Ice all the time.

I was wondering if any of you had other recomendations. Is it ok to use neosporine or will the hinder healing. Is there a limit to how long I can use ice, it feels good.

thanks

let all work together

Research makes perfect

I'd be sure to ask the doc about the neosporin. Are you using it on the donor scar? I'm wondering if it might make the skin softer, maybe?? My post op instructions were:

1. take the anti-biotics and the anti-swelling meds.(4 days) Some Tylenol 3 also.

2. Shampoo every day and keep the donor scar clean as possible

3. They gave me a few sleeping pills which did help, and I slept in the lazy boy or with a bunch of pillows.

That's it. I do plan on calling them tommorrow as I heard there's something I can use to moisturize the grafts a bit. I'll report back my findings.

• 3 months later...

Hi..

You are almost home free. the first week is the worst for most. Once the swelling goes down things turn back to normal. So how bad was your swelling and how many grafts did you have done?

I go for my second Ht in febuary sometime. WHOHOOOO!

matthew