hair transplants in the pittsburgh area ?

first post and new to this forum. i'm considering a hair transplant and i live in the western,PA-pittsburgh area. i know i'm close to the nuhart offices, but so far i've read too many horror storys or just non-optimistic posts about them. so does anyone know of any doctors in my area that do a decent job at hair transplantation that i could go to locally ? i haven't exactly ruled out nuhart but i'm not that high on them as of right now either. what i need done is subtle compared to most, i have like a norwood 2 if that and just need a little filled in the front nothing dramatic. plus i wear my bang down on my forehead so my scalp really isn't exposed like most who need a transplant.

first post and new to this forum. i'm considering a hair transplant and i live in the western,PA-pittsburgh area. i know i'm close to the nuhart offices, but so far i've read too many horror storys or just non-optimistic posts about them. so does anyone know of any doctors in my area that do a decent job at hair transplantation that i could go to locally ? i haven't exactly ruled out nuhart but i'm not that high on them as of right now either. what i need done is subtle compared to most, i have like a norwood 2 if that and just need a little filled in the front nothing dramatic. plus i wear my bang down on my forehead so my scalp really isn't exposed like most who need a transplant.

Have you checked the "Find A Surgeon" tab above? From my knowledge, you might consider driving to NY, Virginia, or Minneapolis.

This type surgery is too important to limit to such a geographic area. If you're not that bad now, think of the horror of covering up a bad ht for the next 30 years.

Some of those guys in those three areas probably pay for a hotel stay as part of the price, so I would seriously go for the best.

There are four or five in that area that are recommended here. I drove 300 miles for mine, and there are several clinics within an hour in Atlanta but I'm very happy. Some people fly half way around the world to go to those docs in New York. So, I would consider that "local".

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Honbatz,

Welcome to our forum community.

The closest first-rate surgeon to Pittsburgh is probably Dr. Haber. According to Mapquest, he is only about 2 hours away from Pittsburg.

Dr. Haber is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians. See our community's high level of membership standards for approving physicians into the Coalition.

The Coalition physicians are privately and publicly reviewed by our community and visited by our community Publisher Pat Hennessey. See Pat's visitation and detailed review of Dr. Haber here.

Best wishes in your research,

Bill