Financing through MD's?

Hey guys, I saw that unicorn offers 0% financing, however, doctors must enroll with unicorn for them to offer the special financing. Does anyone know if Feller is affiliated with unicorn? Also if anyone has any advice regarding financing, it'd be great. Thanks alot (I already PM'd him, but no reply)

Hey guys, I saw that unicorn offers 0% financing, however, doctors must enroll with unicorn for them to offer the special financing. Does anyone know if Feller is affiliated with unicorn? Also if anyone has any advice regarding financing, it'd be great. Thanks alot (I already PM'd him, but no reply)

Baldenstein,

I couldn't tell you. It may be best to email Dr. Feller directly to see what your financing options are if you have already selected him to perform your surgery.

This is however, a great question generally speaking, considering the financing a hair transplant question comes up frequently.

Bill

I don't know. Do you have access to any credit cards with NO finance charges for an extended period of time? I always get them in the mail, usually for a 12-18 month interest free period. If this option is available to you, and your line of credit allows, then you could utilize this and credit surf once the interest free period expires...

Baldenstein,

Some ways to finance would be:

1. credit cards

2. personal loans

3. home equity loan

I used 2 of the 3 above for my procedures.

I DO know that you can attempt to finance through the physician - but typically it's not directly from their office like a payment plan. What they do is obtain your credit information and give it to the bank. If you are approved, you have a loan, similar to one of the above options.

Bill

A good question. When I had HT #1, Dr. Feller didn't have an official payment plan, so I went with MasterCard...not necessarily the best move, given the interest you will pay until you pay it off (a personal loan may be cheaper)...

A better option, as Bill mentioned, is a personal loan; I haven't looked into them, but I can only assume that the interest would be less than a credit card. Of course, as with any loan, how good a deal it is depends on interest rates, your credit score, et cetera... I am actually looking to refi my house soon, and if the rates are worth it and the timing works out (early spring), would borrow enough to cover the HT as well. Sort of a pseudo home-equity loan thing.

Benjamin

yeah, cc's may be the way to go, but being that I'm young (23), I dont have perfect credit yet, and get approved for minimal amounts through various cards. 4k for one card, 3k for another...etc. A personal loan may also be a viable option through companies such as capital 1. Sucks being broke and bald icon_wink.gif

• 1 year later...
Originally posted by Hunkerstrainer:

this is a very good question, here are my .02. Via my CC they offer a 2.99% interest (better than my average 21.0%). Or my second option, wait a bit save the $ and pay cash. Right now Im going with #2.

This is a main question for me too. I visited Dr. Tim Carman in San Diego and was surprised that he had no financing options as even a random dentist office does. So really, the main options are what Bill posted above. And of course...simply saving up money. Or, maybe even doing a combination of the two which is what I would eventually like to try.