Shock to donor site

Guest Paul L.

Guest Paul L.

Hi guys. I'd like to hear your experiences with shock to the donor area. How much donor hair (a precious commodity) have you lost? Does it depend a lot on the surgeon's techniques (some seem to have developed ways to minimize this) and does it also depend on post-operative care of this area. Thanks in advance for your responses.

[This message was edited by Paul L. on February 27, 2002 at 05:20 AM.]

Guest Paul L.

Hi guys. I'd like to hear your experiences with shock to the donor area. How much donor hair (a precious commodity) have you lost? Does it depend a lot on the surgeon's techniques (some seem to have developed ways to minimize this) and does it also depend on post-operative care of this area. Thanks in advance for your responses.

[This message was edited by Paul L. on February 27, 2002 at 05:20 AM.]

I have had a tremendous amount of Shock Loss, both to the Recipient area and the Donor area.

Based on discussions on this site and discussions with my Dr., its all patient dependent. Some people experience none. I happen to experience quite a bit and it happened immediately.

I've been told by my Dr., that the donor hair should grow back. I hope he's right. After all, that area, genetically, is supposed to grow your whole life which is why they use it as the donor area.