Advice from a veteran hair transplant patient

• Administrators

Note - This message was recopied by Pat the editor from the original discussion group to this vastly improved online community.

The name of orginal poster and the date posted are listed below:

Date: 7/12/01

Time: 4:57:26 PM

Remote Name: 24.20.64.166

Comments

It is very sad to hear of patients trusting "part time" HT doctors, the majority being plastic surgeons that have only a crash course in transplant procedures..often these physicians fill there schedules with "side" work, such as hair transplanting...Patients with poor results then find out the truth...some Doctors dont belong in the business, these people then blame 1)Regulations 2) the doctor 3) the procedure...seldom do you hear these patients admit they jumped in blind. Or in other words blame thier own poor judgement....I for one am living proof, HT surgery has given me a path other than being bald..I am very happy after one procedure..and have quite a bit of reserve hair in the back should I need it later...My advice...listen to the negative comments, they are true, listen to the success stories, they are true too...above all select a proven highly recommended doctor whom does hair full time and is always busy with happy patients. Trust people whom give you proof of great results..."Do not assume anything"..HT can be a very successful surgery. I personally have witnessed in person several great heads of hair afterwards..the poor work I have seen..has almost always been from plugs or a min. of 5 years ago...Why do I care..? Because there is not too many great feelings like having your hair back. I am only a former patient trying to spread positive news.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

• Administrators

Note - This message was recopied by Pat the editor from the original discussion group to this vastly improved online community.

The name of orginal poster and the date posted are listed below:

Date: 7/12/01

Time: 4:57:26 PM

Remote Name: 24.20.64.166

Comments

It is very sad to hear of patients trusting "part time" HT doctors, the majority being plastic surgeons that have only a crash course in transplant procedures..often these physicians fill there schedules with "side" work, such as hair transplanting...Patients with poor results then find out the truth...some Doctors dont belong in the business, these people then blame 1)Regulations 2) the doctor 3) the procedure...seldom do you hear these patients admit they jumped in blind. Or in other words blame thier own poor judgement....I for one am living proof, HT surgery has given me a path other than being bald..I am very happy after one procedure..and have quite a bit of reserve hair in the back should I need it later...My advice...listen to the negative comments, they are true, listen to the success stories, they are true too...above all select a proven highly recommended doctor whom does hair full time and is always busy with happy patients. Trust people whom give you proof of great results..."Do not assume anything"..HT can be a very successful surgery. I personally have witnessed in person several great heads of hair afterwards..the poor work I have seen..has almost always been from plugs or a min. of 5 years ago...Why do I care..? Because there is not too many great feelings like having your hair back. I am only a former patient trying to spread positive news.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.