Hair transplant scar concealer

Hello guys, newbie to this intresting forum.

I had 2 hair transplants 3/4 years ago, both were unsuccessful, and I managed to get half my money back.

Now at 36, I wish I didnt have the procedure done, I appreciate that H/T 'has' worked for a percentage of people, me It didnt.

Now Here's my problem, I like to have my hair as short as possible, but I have the obligatory h/t scar on the back of my head, I would appreciate any advice on concealers for my 2 scars. I currently use 'mane' which is ok, but can be a bit messy, Toppik, I tried and didnt like ( again too messy), also I have tried massacara, eyebrow pencil icon_smile.gif.

any help or advice greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Lee

I believe the best for your would be Dermmatch. You can order it from dermmatch.com for around $30 and they'll give you a 2nd color for free. This stuff stays on until you shampoo it out so now fuss if it rains or your sweating. You may want to give it a try............

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• 2 weeks later...

Drdeath, Sorry to hear things didn't work out for you.

would you mind sharing who you had your procedures with & some details. We want to hear the bad results too not just the good.

It may help save someone eles from going through what you did.

Try a base foundation makeup on the scar.

Good luck to you!

• 2 weeks later...

Drdeath,

I didn't start thinking of an HT until about 2 years ago. I'm 56 and my hair loss was very gradual in the crown area. I'm newbie to all this HT stuff, but it seems the HT doc has something to do with the success rate (understatement?).

Did the transplanted hair grow at all? Then fall out and never came back? Give us a little more info.

I'm 14 days post-op and I can feel a lot of short new hairs in the crown area which is where I needed to fill in the blanks. A few forward, but mostly the crown. I know from reading other threads, that my new ones will fall and start to regrow in a few months. Some will go dormant too, so can we use the 80/20 rule. While 80% are on watch, 20% sleep or is it 80% sleep while 20% watch. Hopefully something in the middle would be cool... 50/50?

Can anyone else give an idea of the coalition doctors success rate? If transplanted correctly, what is the success percentage rate.

milestogo

If you're asking about success of the Drs. in the Coalition, I'd say their success rate is close to 100%.............purely speculative as there has been no measurement that I'm aware of.

STRIP graft survival percentages I believe are over 95%............if a QUALITY surgeon performed the HT icon_wink.gif!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• 2 months later...

My HT is 8 days old. The hair on the back on my head is 1/2 inch at the most. Can't see a thing. Are you trying to get the number 1#.

buzz cut. My head looks a lot better with the hair on the top than bald. Sorry to hear about the bad ht's. Mine is going really well,can't see thinking it was a bad idea.Unless it all falls out and doesn't come back, not hardly.

My scar is just a thin line.

• 1 year later...