Scars clearly visible after 3 months

Hello Everyone,

I'm posting here because I'm desperate and because I think that you are really prepared on the argument.

I'll do my best to be concise and get straight to the point.

I had my HT late this March in New Delhi and after almost 4 months the scars are clearly visible on my forehead.

I got the impression that she went do deep with her blade.

After the surgery I've followed all the precautions, but my frontal area is still unhealed, irritated and with big holes on it. However I can already see some grown hair even though the transplanted ones never fall off...or at least I haven't noticed.

I've been using baby shampoo and sometime baby cream to reduce the irritation.

I will be grateful to each one who can help me.

P6060784.jpg.6a5292ad4265ac6a64d8a911c30fcbed.jpg

Hello Everyone,

I'm posting here because I'm desperate and because I think that you are really prepared on the argument.

I'll do my best to be concise and get straight to the point.

I had my HT late this March in New Delhi and after almost 4 months the scars are clearly visible on my forehead.

I got the impression that she went do deep with her blade.

After the surgery I've followed all the precautions, but my frontal area is still unhealed, irritated and with big holes on it. However I can already see some grown hair even though the transplanted ones never fall off...or at least I haven't noticed.

I've been using baby shampoo and sometime baby cream to reduce the irritation.

I will be grateful to each one who can help me.

Have you contacted your doc? The pic is blury but i see what you are talking about. Looks like pitting to me. At 3 months the top of the head should be healed! I would definatly suggest calling and seeing your doc about this

madrugao,

I don't want to be presumptuous, but from the 4th month pictures and the remaining indentation, it appears as if your surgeon used large instruments to make the incisions rather than small ultra refined tools that we are used to seeing from our recommended and Coalition surgeons.

Do you have pictures of your head immediately after surgery?

The only thing you can really do at this point is wait it out and see how the results come in However, speak to your surgeon about the irritation and get it evaluated for any potential infection.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks for replying guys. I also have the impression that my doc used needles way too big. Does anyone had the same experience? I think I'm the only fool who had an HT performed in 2008 with techniques used in the early 90s.

On top of that I can't see my doctor as I'm not in Delhi now....can a physician suggest a cream or something?

I'm attaching a picture took 2 days after surgery (and after seen some of your post-op pictures mine looks anything but good!)

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/395/p3220534zg6.jpg

madrugao,

it does not look like the doctor performed ultra-refined work; as Bill mentioned, now you have to wait it out and see how the results come in; However, a Coalition doc could perform a 2nd surgery and be able to camoflage the existing work if you are not happy with the results. how many grafts did you receive? do you have any pre-op pics; also, are you on meds?

wow, seeing that kind of ht work in this day and age really pisses me off. madrugo, i am sorry you have had this experience. all you can do now is wait it out (for 1 year) and then go to a top doc to get if fixed. i also recommend you post the doc's name so others don't make the mistake of going to her as well...

p.s. i had a bad first ht experience as well (learned the hard way) so don't get too down on yourself and if you have any questions feel free to message me.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I am sorry to hear that you had bad experience with your HT.can you give us more details on how many grafts was transplanted ? also a before pic would also help a lot.

who was your doc by the way?

in my opinion,you have a great chance to sue this doc.even if you see results.

i live in new york city and tried suing my doc in small claims court for breach of contract, not malpractice. but because the system is so backed up with case load i had to go back 4 times and i finally gave up. it's very tough to sue a plastic surgeon especially because of the waiver form you signed.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

The doctor name is Charu Sharma from New Delhi, the surgery was hosted by Fortis Hospital (same city) on the 19-03-2008. I've been told that the number of transplanted grafts was 4500 divided in the front and on the back. The whole procedure was divided in 2 session, the first day it lasted 8 hours, and the day after about 6.

The only positive note is that the scar on the scalp is almost unnoticeable and the area in the back of my head where some were also transplanted is completely healed, also I can clearly see grown hair on the front.

At the end I can only blame myself for this because I started reading about FUT only after I've been having doubts about this HT.

This was my head before surgery:

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/7535/img1678vo0.jpg

hairthere,

thanks very much for sharing this with me. I was so trilled just before the operation that I totally forgot about the waiver form signed.

I don't know if in India is gonna be any easier. I guess I will give it a try.

i am stunned they're telling you that's 4500 grafts. do yourself a favor and look at blogs on this site or go to hairlosshelp.com and look in the patient results section for people who have had even 3k grafts and you will notice a big difference. also, a tell tale sign, other than the big pits you have, that large incisions were made are those big bloody scabs you have. if you look at my case i had similiar scabbing from my first doc who gave me mini and micro grafts. the work from dr.feller on the other hand had very small, clean scabs because the incision/graft size was so tiny.

I think the first pic may be deceiving. My initial reaction was "oh the horror", but now that I look at it more, the red marks may all be inflamed pimples.

There may be some general pitting caused by the insertions, but that may be a trick of the lighting too.

Its hard to tell whats going on with a pic that is so blurry.

emperor, perhaps it's not pitting, but the look of the work in his post-op pic is clear enough to tell that this was a really poor ht and there's no way he recieved 4k+ grafts.

Madruago,

I know you are a little upset right now, but in my opinion, you should really give your hair transplant a chance to fully mature. In the meantime, I encourage you to contact your clinic and go over your concerns and hear what they have to say. But before deciding on a next course of action, give your surgery 1 full year.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your support! I don't mean to create a personal album...but I am posting 3 more pictures taken this morning, I do apologize for the blury pictures but I have no one who can help me right now. Thanks again to everyone.

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/8353/frontxz5.jpg

http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/330/topsb5.jpg

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/9414/backbf6.jpg

madrugao-

I have reviewed your photos submitted-

I am sorry to see and hear of your experience.

It appears that you have pitting in areas where larger graft sites were made. This could be the result of the grafts being placed deeper than is normally the case; if they are placed too deep, the epithelium will "bridge" across/up the sides

in a process known as secondary intention- this will result in a pit or depression.

Whether or not these grafts will "sprout" remains to be seen, as, it is early in the growth phase.

Please realize though that your situation is not beyond help; with the proper assessment and surgical technique this result can be improved to the point of being a "thing of the past" for you, but you need to do your research and use this sites resources so that you CAN get the desired results which are achieved using highly refined follicular unit grafting techniques.

Don't despair- it's fixable, in my opinion.

Sincerely,

Timothy Carman, MD ABHRS

President, (ABHRS)
ABHRS Board of Directors

Dear Dr. Carman,

Your reply couldn't have come at a better time, I am extremely pleased that you took the time to review my case and I really needed the opinion of a doctor.

I'm having hard time thinking that I've been a tester of a butcher and her experiments. I'll try to be patient for now and maybe in few months I may come and see you at your clinic, once again thank you.

In general, the area is considered "healed", in that epithelialization is complete. I would suggest using rogaine/propecia if there are no contraindications (medical reasons) against you personally using them. In general, with all transplant procedures, that scalp redness (erythema) can last up to a year.

Timothy Carman, MD ABHRS

President, (ABHRS)
ABHRS Board of Directors

I too had a poor transplant many years ago. But honestly, I didn't know it was all that 'poor' for several years. I was happy to have hair and preferred the larger plugs to no hair.

I had a mix of 4's - 8's from front third to crown. Not everyone could notice it, but enough people did so that I was always uncomfortable.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week