9 Month post update

london__lad

london_lad,

Man, that was some harvest by the Doc! You pics look great and it's still very early in the game for you so you have more growth and thickening to come. Congrats, it's looks awesome.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Wow, London Lad I have serious hair envy. It amazes me how some have reasonable growth at 3-4 months and I looked nearly baby butt smooth! Good on ya. Cheers. S-n-P

HT#1 4944FU 23May06-Hasson

HT#2 1960FU 16Jan07- Hasson

6904 Total FU, 13160 Hairs

2184-1's, 3184-2's, 1536-3's

Great result with one pass, I am jealous. Great growth in just three months, again I am jealous. Crap, you are probably rich, good looking and date supermodels!!!!

Seriously though, you must be thrilled. Congratulations, my friend!!!

NoBuzz

That 'day after' photo is truly impressive! I'd love to see that at a higher resolution to better appreciate the attention to detail. Excellent work - you'll be very pleased in the months ahead!

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

London__lad,

Good to see you posting your photos on here too my friend. I actually just referenced you recently on this forum as an example as one of the maximum megasessions I've seen AND as an example of extreme swelling...lol. Hope you don't mind icon_wink.gif.

Your results are going to be phenominal when it all grows in...already for 4 months, it looks amazing. I will be following your progress.

Bill

Thanks for all the compliments guys.

Lol Nobuzz. I wish I was all of them things, but sadly I'm not. One thing I am now is much more confident. I used to go everywhere with my trusty cap on but I have finally ditched it now. It feels like such a release to go out without it.

M+M, I will try post some more day after pics for you.

Bill, nice to hear from you again. I don't mind at all about the refence you made. Wouldn't mind having a look at the post myself. icon_biggrin.gif

London_lad

I have to admire you on that mega session you had. I am at a 2 months post-op stage after what I thought was a big session (3100).

I know what I went through (pain limit of a girl) and don't mean to be nosy but could you let us know how you felt during and after that massive session. How was it possible and how long did it take, my god the staples must have taken all day to remove. I'm still tender around some parts of my scare area and the staples were a bitch to remove.

Power to you, I just cant imagine sitting in that chair over twice as long as I did; they would have to knock me out for a week. .

Hold your head up and grow well lad ......... It'll look a million dollars.

HairBrain

Wow - thanks for posting the extreme close-ups! That definitely makes me appreciate the patience of the technicians and the doctor who made the perfect angles of nearly 8,000 grafts!

Truly impressive. All the best for continued growth!

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

HairBrain

Thanks for the post. It was an extremely lengthy procedure, in fact it was the longest procedure that H+W have ever done. We started at 7.15am and went right through to 1.15am the following day ! In total that's 18 hours hours in the chair.

To be honest I actually really enjoyed the whole experience although I was getting rather fidgety towards the end. Two different teams of techs were used which is what H+W when these large sessions come about. I didn't feel any pain at all really except for the injections which I had to have quite a few of.

As for the staples that's a different story. They really did hurt, especially at the sides. I got some strong pain killers from my gp though which helped, although I didn't sleep much for the 2 weeks they were in.

All in all it was a great experience and an experience which will change my life forever.

Good growing to all. icon_smile.gif

got a question for you london_lad,

when consulting with Dr. Hasson, how did you come up with the amount of grafts desired? Was it simply, "as many as you can possibly do"?

When you did the phone (i am assuming you did it by phone), what was the initial estimate?

Just curious,

eman

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

18 hours...wow...crazy! Makes sense though...that's a LOT of grafts. I was actually in the chair about 12 hours from my surgery with Hasson. Donor took awhile to extract and the angles of my natural hair was reversed from he is used to seeing...so it took longer than a typical 3700 session. But 18 hours...now that's KrAzY icon_wink.gif. You're gonna be thick dude.

Bill

Originally posted by Eman:

got a question for you london_lad,

when consulting with Dr. Hasson, how did you come up with the amount of grafts desired? Was it simply, "as many as you can possibly do"?

When you did the phone (i am assuming you did it by phone), what was the initial estimate?

Just curious,

eman

Eman

I said to Dr.Hasson get as many grafts as possible. When I did an online consultation I was told that 4500 to 5000 would be required, if my donor and laxity would allow it.

When Dr H first took the strip he estimated that we could get 5 to 6 thousand. We was both a bit shocked when the techcs announced the actual final figure.

Unbelievable, 18 hours!! I told the technicians of Dr Hasson, when I was in Vancouver last week, that they need to unionize. You and Dr Hasson are truly establishing a new frontier in HT's. (BTW, I didn't realize that some of the techs of Dr Hasson have been there over 10 years, that surprised me and also let me know I was in multiple sets of skilled hands! Cheers S-n-P

HT#1 4944FU 23May06-Hasson

HT#2 1960FU 16Jan07- Hasson

6904 Total FU, 13160 Hairs

2184-1's, 3184-2's, 1536-3's

• Administrators

London_Lad,

Congratulations on your mega surgery. It looks very refined and you certainly covered a great deal of area.

Could you provide the number of hairs transplanted and perhaps the measurement of the donor strip removed?

I've been encouraging posters to provide hair counts since ultimately that gives a more accurate measure of the actual amount of new hair and density you will get. The amount of hairs in a given graft does vary from clinic to clinic. So by using hair counts we get an "Apples to Apples" standard that works across all clinics.

As my posting signature reads "More slices doesn't make the pizza bigger".

Best wishes for great growth. Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Agreed S-n-p, the techs at H+w are first class. They are really dedicated to their work and attention to detail.

Pat, thanks for the comments. The strip taken was 30 x 2.0 cm.

Multi hair Fu = 5760

Single hair Fu = 2001

Total = 7761 Fu

Don't have the break down of the multi hairs though. Hope this helps.

London_lad

30 x 2.0cm ................ Double Ouch!!!!!

But at least its over in one session, though 18hrs is one hell of a session!!!!!!

HairBrain

London_Lad,

Wow, you sure went through a mega session alright. Results looks great so far, the best I've seen at the 3-4 month mark. Keep us posted on your progress with updated pics.

Must feel great to finally get rid of the cap.

Shorty B