life sucks w/out hair

Ok I'm only 23 right now and suffering from hairloss pretty bad. Right now I'm a NW4. I just can't stand it any more. I talk to girls and none of them find me interesting. I mean I can barely find a date. It really sucks. I know me being bald is a huge factor to this. The problem is I just feel so worthless with out my hair. It's like I have lost almost everything. I have no confidense either when it come's to talking to girls and maybe even other things. Am I making a really big deal out of this thing or do a lot of people feel this way who suffer from hairloss. I feel like If I get a HT then It's like I will be a totally new person. I aways look in the mirror checking my hair. Sometime's I even wonder if people are looking at my bald spot in the back of my head. It sucks knowing that I'm one of those few people who has to suffer from hairloss.

Abid,

We all feel your pain bro!! You are definatly not alone. A HT could make you feel like a whole new person, but it can go both ways. You can feel great and get all of your confidence back or it can be worse if you choose the wrong surgeon

I just turned 23 myself and am/was a NW4. Believe me, I feel your pain.

My advice regarding this area would be to look into concealers (nanogen and dermmatch) and/or buzz your head. Neither path is amazing, but when you are dealing with an affliction like this you need to focus on making as many *optimal* decisions that you can muster, even if they aren't *perfect* decisions.

In the meantime, save up $, get on the treatments, then get a world-class HT that will satisfy you as much as can be done!

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

i feel ur pain as well bro...im younger than you and thana...21 at the mo and got my first HT at 20...listen to what thana has to say as that is pretty much what you should do realistically...use concealers for a while whilst doing plenty of research...know almost the inside and outsides of HT but on top of that make sure you consult with top coalition doctors...you have come to the right place so make the most of it.

3608 grafts with dr h.rahal, june 2007

1623 grafts- dr h. rahal, november 2008

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

Abid,

I felt very similar to you when I first started losing my hair. By the time I was 27, I couldn't take it anymore and needed to find some kind of solution. But for the longest time, I wore a hat out publicly everywhere. I felt too ugly without it honestly.

Though there is no cure for baldness, thankfully, treatment options exist.

At 23, I'd consider getting on Propecia and Rogaine to attempt to stop future loss and possibly even thicken your existing hair.

Hair transplant surgery may be an option for you in the future if you are a candidate and can make the financial commitments.

Best wishes,

Bill

nanogen and dermmatch

Hey Botchedinatl! Did you get any HT done?

I am 23 and my hair started falling too. I have a horrible feeling from inside. It makes me feel very low. Don't you suggest a HT? Please let me know. Thanks

Yeah thanks guys for the support. It's kind of nice to know I' not the only person going through this crap and can get help.

I started off actually yesturday by shaveing my head (half inch) in hoping this might help a little. My friends tell me that I look even more bald now which sucks. But some also say it looks better. So from there on and now I guess I'll just have to make the best of my situation. Take my proscar quarter pills, minoxidil 5%, and Nizoral 2%. I might also use nanogen and deffinitly save up money up for a good HT.

You know, I'm doing all this just for girls. Those stupid bi***. God I hate them sometimes. I need to get a girl for once in my life. It kinda sucks knowing that I'm doing all this just for girls. If they didn't exist I probably wouldn't give a shit haha.

I have read a good thread on here close to this one which says if you want to get girls, what helps a lot too is working out and looking built if not at least good conditioned.

So besides just trying to focus on hair. I also gotta

1.Work out and get built. I'm fat now.

2.Decrease my body fat from %18 down to 8%. Easy for me to do. Did it down to 13 before.

3.Wearing some pimp clothes and shoes. Mines are bad right now.

4.Reading some good books on how to get girls. Specificaly How To Become an Alpha Male by Jason Alexander. I'm waaay too nice and needy and crap but this will all now change.

5.Always be well groomed. (nails, teeth, etc.) This is the part I suck at haha but will have to get better at too.

Anyways, my point from all this is I'm taking your guy's advice and I'm really starting to do something about it. I will be on the treatments, use nanogen, save up money for Dr.Cooley and not just focus on hair to get girls. I'm gonna turn my life around.

• 2 weeks later...

best thing you can do is get in shape and gain confidence. I had lots of hair when young and got lots of looks from women, but didn't do anything about it because my confidence was crap.

I worked retail for years and I tell you I saw tons of short, fat, balding, not so good looking guys with hot women. A balding guy with lots of confidence will get more chicks than one with lots of hair and no confidence. I am proof of that.

I got my butt in gear, worked out, gained confidence, learned how to dress, and met a very hot girl (hottest I have dated actually) and I married her. she doesn't even notice the thinning. She is too busy worried about her hair...haha.

yes, some women are superficial, some are gold diggers, but as you grow older and so do they, the good ones learn what is important.

guys can also be very superficial...so it goes both ways. my advice would be to shave right down with the clipper. you are young so you might pull it off better than I. and get in shape man. One of my best friends has been talking about getting in shape for 10 years, he used to be fit and confident. they go hand in hand.

PS if a HT is in your future, like me...start savign now. but dont forget to save for your future as well. it isn't all about hair. a woman will find you more attractive without hair and your life together, than lots of hair and financially unstable and miserable.

I'd say the best way to gain some confidence is to work retail or a job that forces you to deal with people and not objects. My first job was a tour guide of a cave near San Antonio. It forced me to deal with people, but I think a job in retail sales would help more. (like HTinthefuture did) I am an engineer now, so its dealing with objects more than people, so work there while you can!

Abid, try working the counter instead of working in the back. Also do it for yourself a be a bit (not too much) self indulgent.

yeah thanks guys for the advice.....i think you guys are kinda right in a way.....theres other things in life besides just hair.....i need to start focusing on other things too like confidense and in geting shape.....im gonna start doing things like working out again soon.

Ht when you said buzz your hair do you mean comletely just shave it off.....I buzzed my hair already and my hair is only like half an inch short.....i think it doesnt look that good though cause maybe its even easier to tell that I'm going bald.....i cant imagine shaving COMPLETELY though.....sounds kinda crazy but if its better then whatever works

Chuck It's funny you mentioned the thing about how I should work in the front cause i work in the back with just a few guys.....maybe I need to start working around more people, especially girls haha.....i have some social problems i admit that i need to overcome.

Originally posted by Abid:

Chuck It's funny you mentioned the thing about how I should work in the front cause i work in the back with just a few guys.....maybe I need to start working around more people, especially girls haha.....i have some social problems i admit that i need to overcome.

I think that would honestly force you to overcome some problems. And everyone has some level of social anxiety about situations, it never disappears but can be reduced dramatically by forcing those situations. We still suffer it.

yes, i meant shave right down with the clippers.

i know....easier said than done.

yeah, i worked a paper route and then retail for years, but i still had problems meeting women. not sure where it stemmed from, but i was usually the best looking guy in my circle of friends, and yet i couldn;t pick up the women for the life of me. anyway, stop thinking about them...think about yourself, confidence is key and practicing talking to people in a retail job type situation is good because it lets you practice for when you really need it.

• 1 month later...

Abid,

"Pimpin' ain't easy," as Big Daddy Kane would say...and I started going bald early in life so I know how you feel.

The others here are giving good advice, although I wouldn't personally choose a career in retail just to pick up women. I think they are saying it will help you get over "approach anxiety", but there are methods that don't require you to build your career aspirations around it.

I definately second their opinions about shaving the hair down. A shaved head is in style and it's a choice - going bald isn't in style or a choice. A shaved head looks a lot better on an athlete though, so DO get in shape. Upgrading your clothes and grooming are good ideas too. You'll look confident, put together and more 'alpha'.

Another bit of advice for attracting women - set your ambitions high, and pursue them. Women are definately attracted to someone who is a success, or will be someday. Build an exciting life and make friends wherever you go. Excitement and 'social proof' (lots of friends/admirers) are chick magnets.

And be happy - for yourself. Chicks dig that too, BTW. Mine does :-)

Good luck-

-Vasilius

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of young guys pull off the shaved look very well nowadays or if you use clippers you can try them with no comb. Lots of body builder go without hair. Guys like Bruce Willis look better without hair. Karl Malone and Micheal Jordan had obviously thinning hair and looked much better when the shaved their heads.

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

• 3 weeks later...

these threads always trouble me.

first I should say I too am suffering with this hair loss shit a lot, and a lot of has to do with women. so I fully admit to some hypocrisy on this issue. I try to catch myself on this issue and think about it deeply.

I think this should be taken as a lesson. If you get your hair back, and look good, I think, you have not learned your lesson if you now just look for "hot chicks". Then we are just as superficial.

I think the lesson is, if and when you get hair and confidence, to learn to judge people less on their looks. Isn't that what we want from others? Not to be judged by our hair loss? Break the cycle! Look good so you can feel good about yourself, but learn to not judge others on their appearance.

I'm with you all the way, Abid!

Some may laugh, but baldness is no joke. I started losing my hair when I was 17 and it was terrible. I remember how scared my hairdresser was when she saw how bad my problem was. I was sad, depressed, etc. and apparently there was nothing I could do about it.

The best advice I can give you right now is this: do your research and read as much as you can on this subject, especially new therapies. This forum is a great place to start... icon_smile.gif

• 4 weeks later...

this forum is definitely a great place for us all

i am 24 (as i've said a few times) and a very thin up top fairly diffuse pattern (which i think the meds is helping keep me from a bald sport already... its weird)

i will say that i would advise shaving pretty much completely buzzed for a few months and start the meds... it makes it easier to spread the gaine around the head... try out the propecia. then after a few months when the results are supposed to maybe start showing, try and grow it back out. if not, then people will know you for the shave. i had quite a few girls tell me just out of nowhere that i looked good with my head shaved, i've even heard girls say they love the shaved/cue ball look. Billy corgan even said on stern one time that despite his rock star status he got even MORE chicks when he shaved it.

as far as books go, i've never heard of the jason alexander book but i'll give it a look... sounds interesting. however, the game (i haven't read it so i can't really tell you who wrote it) i have heard is basically a "do this and you're guaranteed to get some" guide to women. They did a thing about it on myspace one time that was hilarious and great.

there ARE tons of fit badass sex symbol BALD men out there... from bruce willis (can you beat john mcclane?) to jason statham to THE bald icon LEX LUTHOR (the comic or smallville version with michael rosenbaum)

here's a good comic jpg that should be our new motto: comic1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/alb...ing_Tralk/comic1.jpg

i don't know how to embed it

my reg is:

propecia 1mg EVERYDAY

minox 5% twice daily (f the foam)

nizoral 1%

say la V old buddies .... i'm tryin to keep you

Hey everyone

There is hope.. I was a N5 or so and 3 Ht's later I have a great head of hair. I get compliments all the time and one bald guy the other night told me I was lucky I had killer hair.

Just shows what a good doctor and some patience can do .. If you do the research, and make the correct choices you can improve your hair considerably ( I also take propecia)!!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!