Why have a 2nd HT?

I'm going in in 2 weeks for my first HT. Are most of you who are having #2 because your not satisfied with the results or are you so happy that you want more?

I'm going in planning on only 1 HT(2000 graphs). Since I'm probably a NW5A, I realize 1 Ht will not give me full coverage, but hoping I will be satisfied with reestablishing the front.

I'm going in in 2 weeks for my first HT. Are most of you who are having #2 because your not satisfied with the results or are you so happy that you want more?

I'm going in planning on only 1 HT(2000 graphs). Since I'm probably a NW5A, I realize 1 Ht will not give me full coverage, but hoping I will be satisfied with reestablishing the front.

It's really hard to know what you'll be satisfied with until afterwards.

Chances are, you'll be really satisfied at the improvement, but you'll recognize the opportunity for even more improvement. That can be hard to resist.

I'm very happy so far. But later on, I may want more FUs. Still, I need to be on Propecia longer and make sure it will continue to work well, as it is now.

Never any guarantees. Just calculated risks.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

it seems from the posts on this board that about half of the people had a bad experience before having a good one. most of the bad ones, esp. in my case, were BEFORE i found this site. hindsite being 20/20 if i knew 3 yrs ago what i know now i would have had NO bad experiences.

I am going for a 3rd procedure. MY first was done in 91-92 by Dr. Ivan Cohen I don't know how many mini-micro grafts he gave me --I assume they were the best thing going back then BUT I was on 22-23 years old --It's now known that someone at the age shouldn't be worked on ---I had a 1500 FU procedure done Feb 2002 by DR.Brad Limmmer --I'm satisfied with there work but I need more hair than what there willing to do at one time and now May 8 2003 I am going to vancouver to have a procedure done by Dr.Hasson of Hasson&Wong. I've scanned these boards for years and they do some great work so hopefully I can get a good job done --I'm sure I will ---I will post my pics once I get home May 10 ----

I haven't had my first yet (coming up in a few weeks), but I already know I'll go for the second one six months afterwards. In my case, the reasoning is - 500 hair will produce less trauma than 1000, plus on the second HT, I will be able to 'fine tune' the first one.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic''. Arthur C. Clarke

I didn't like my first HT either.

I have said this before but one more time.

7 month's ago I got a HT of mini, micro. And I think now those 30 min. info. commercal's realy did me in. By that I mean, I thought I had current info. No 1970 big plug's. NO I'm getting the good stuff mini (OH that's small) Micro (OH even smaller) no one will be able to tell..LOL.

I alway's say I wish I would have found this site sooner, but I was on the web then and I may have past this site. I'm shure I read somthing about FU. But until after that first HT the real differance between FU. and mini, micro didn't sink in.

What I think is real scarry is I know there are alot of people out there probably going tomorrow for a 1989 HT like I did.

But to get back on topic, If your useing a doc. from this site doing FU, FIT, FUE, you are going to be HAPPY after HT.1, will you want HT.2 Maybe yes Maybe no, but it won't be because you didn't like the first one. That's in my opinion from what I have read and learnd here. I'm still planning HT.2.

a big key here is donor hair management.

You got an HT, look a whole hell of a lot better, and that evil grin comes across your face as you want more. It is a drug in that way.

Look at Pat, the founder of this site. His first HT was a HUGE improvement, but it was his follow on HTs that made him "A Fully Recovered Bald Guy" or whatever he's proclaimed himself as.

My point is, that he had a complete metamorphisis (sp?). Hard to not get greedy.

But that brings me back to my first point. If you got 2000 FUs, and have 6000 more in the head to get, well, using another 2000 might not be too big of a risk at all. If you only have 4000 available and you use all 4000 to from go NW2 to NW0 (teenage hairline), then you better start praying.

Someone brought up a very good point about "you have to see how it turns out to effectively plan for the next one". It'll probably be fine, and maybe you are 100% done and maybe you are not, but it is hard to tell all in one procedure. Plus the scalp stress issue is a real one as well, I think.

Anyway, me personally I'd like to say I'm done with HTs. But I won't promise that at all. Well just have to see . . .

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

Case 1) a patient is ecstatic at the improvement of HT 1 & has a desire to go a bit further or denser.

Case 2) a patient had less than desireable results and has to do a fix, finds a better doc.

Case 3) a patient had planned on goals that required 2 HT's from the very beggining.

NW