EXT, is it worth it?

JHova

JHova,

This is a hair club "5 step" process. The only proven ingredient in this entire 5 step process is minoxidil. Saw palmetto in their oral solution contains some anecdotal evidence whereas Vitamin E (only if it contains the tocotrienol and not just the tocopherol molecule) does seem to show promise for treating male pattern baldness, but I haven't read any real patient testimonies on this as to whether or not it has really worked for them.

In my opinon, stick with finasteride and minoxidil.

Best wishes,

Bill

I Tried this program for a full year! The only thing I gained was debt. It's a crock IMO!

You are better of going and buying some Saw Palmetto, and rogaine. It's the same thing. I guess you pay the extra to go in there once a month and have your hair washed and cut.

It costed about $2000 for the year. Thats an expensive hair cut!

• 1 month later...
Hair Club for Men's EXT treatment.

JHova,

I noticed your post & thought I give you some feedback.

I have taken the Hair Club for Men's EXT treatment & got really great results now. Before I enrolled in the program I started to noticed my hair thinning at the age of 21 & then at the age of 22 more hair started falling out which really scarred me. I tried serveral hair products & none seem to work. My co-worker told me about the Hair Club for Mens EXT so I researched it & thought I give is a shot so I enrolled in the program. I was skeptic at first but then had nothing to lose so I went for it. After being in the program for 3 months I started to see little fuzzy hairs growing in my crown area. After 6 months my hair started thickening which was amazing.

If you want more information on this let me know or want to know where I went to enroll in the program. I wish you the best of luck & don't give up.

Mike78

I noticed this thread and I thought I would comment on this.

About 3 yrs ago, I tried the EXT Program that Hair Club offered and I didn't recieve anything postive from my result.

I did recieve an expensive bill with absolutely no result.

Costly and time consuming mistake!!

• 6 months later...

I have tried EXT for 18months, nothing new, probably slightly lesser hair loss than before

I saw from details on Rogaine that it essentially contains 5% Minoxidil.

I have the 5% Minoxidil solution from "Hair Club". Will that be an effective alternative to buy Rogaine?

2 times a day is something I have not been regular with, but motivation here will get me going...

Originally posted by Mike78:

JHova,

I have taken the Hair Club for Men's EXT treatment & got really great results now. Before I enrolled in the program I started to noticed my hair thinning at the age of 21 & then at the age of 22 more hair started falling out which really scarred me. I tried serveral hair products & none seem to work. My co-worker told me about the Hair Club for Mens EXT so I researched it & thought I give is a shot so I enrolled in the program. I was skeptic at first but then had nothing to lose so I went for it. After being in the program for 3 months I started to see little fuzzy hairs growing in my crown area. After 6 months my hair started thickening which was amazing.

If you want more information on this let me know or want to know where I went to enroll in the program. I wish you the best of luck & don't give up.

Mike78

*cough, Shill!

Yeah you got nothing to lose except a wad of cash and the fact that you can buy rogain as cheap as chips anywhere, also all the other ingredients off the internet for a 10th of the price.

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

Originally posted by Petchski:
Originally posted by Mike78:

JHova,

Mike78

*cough, Shill!

Yeah you got nothing to lose except a wad of cash and the fact that you can buy rogain as cheap as chips anywhere, also all the other ingredients off the internet for a 10th of the price.

I like one hit wonders.

• 3 weeks later...

My story:

I always had thick hair. To make the story short I notice that I was starting to loose my hair when I was 22 years old. I didn't think much of it cause I always have nice thick hair. I would gel it or run my finger and have some in my hands. I also notice it when I shower and I shampoo my hair. I still did not think anything of cause I always have think hair, but a few times I would get comments like, your hair is thinning and in my mind I am thinking maybe I have gel in my hair. One day I went to my cousin's house to get my hair cut and he would say something like your hair is thinning or something is different with your hair. From that time I still have alot of hair and I notice it more when I was like around 25 years old and that I need to do something. I saw a commercial about Hair Club and desperate as I was I made a call for a consultation. I told them my situation about what I think I know why I was loosing or thinning. I told them I have been taking a Dietry Supplement called Hydroxycut, I would take 2, morning and before gym. I have been taking Hydroxycut for 3 years straight. My girlfried did some search on Hydroxycut and she told me that some people have claim using Hydroxycut, they notice some hair loss and thinning. My friend that introduce me to this stuff, stop using it once he found out about thinning hair, but he did not used it consistant like I did. Til this day I rather be that fat kid with nice black thick hair and slowly loose the weight.

Why I feel strong about this cause I have no history of any bald family. How I know cause I ask my parents. Even they miss one person, how is it gonna hit me out of 17 kids and of course the youngest. I have nephews that are older then me have good hair.

Lets go back to Hair Club, they gave me (EXT)$1,400, its a six months supply of shampoo,condition,spray,spray,pills and spray.Its a supply you use everytime you shower, I just know that if IT WORKED I WILL NOT BE HERE RIGHT NOW TYPING THIS. They feel that I still have some hair that this should work. It suppose to be some STRONG stuff.

I guess I got over it and hoping that my hair will come back home. I notice that I invest in and wear alot of hats. I don't go out much and if I do, I have to wear a hat. I went to a restuant/bar and I was not aware of their code at 10pm, you have to loose the hat. I tried to hurry up and pay for my tab, the bartender apolagize and told me that I have to loose the hat like a insecure guy I left. I love hats, but sometimes I just want to feel the breeze going through my hair and not feel a cold air. Again make this sad story short, I finally shave my head to a #3 clip and feeling a little better about myself and I thought it looked good(NOT NOTICABLE). I am have thin hair around the crown area and my hair stop shedding,ITS BEEN LIKE THAT FOR 2 YEARS NOW.

My parents had a get together and I notice that my brothers ages 36-55 have all their hair. Don't forget to save the best for last,my father at 80 years old still sexy and my confident went out the door.

So, I recently contacted Hair Club again for almost 8 years. I schedule a consultaion saturday morning, hoping for a happy solution. Just 5 minutes of her time and I did not feel the vibe from her. I felt she talks over me instead of listening to my problems and what cause it. She gives me attitude that Hydroxycut don't do this to you(she only worked there for 2yrs and where is her M.D license) and thats when I got a lil pissed cause she was not trying to hear me out. She work at a gym AND??? whats that have to do with me and my hair. I didn't let her know that I was mad or at least I know I tried to be nice. She only gave me EXT options and thats it, I asked her....she paused and said we have a bio-......sorry forgot the name. It's non surgical. Trying to be nice...I asked questions and all I heard was blllalalallahhhhhhhhh!!! I forgot where I was at, I thought I was at a car dealership cause she was not consulting me more like insulting me. She did not explain nothing, but kept saying it will look real,scalp massage and nice. She told me the name of the guy that makes it (make what) I just did not want to hear mouth, so I ask to talk with the guy that is in that department. She took me into another room and I told my girlfriend to come with me. While we waited I told her how I felt and that I am not listening to someone without a some kind of Doctor's Degree. Finally, he came in and my girlfriend and I ask questions and they were answered. He told me...what its gonna look like and materials used. I knew I was not intrested before I got into that room, but I just wanted to get away from the girl before I choke her. He just made it clear enough that....this is not what I want to do cause I cant think of something not completly real on my head and pretend that it is real.

She came in the room after everything is said and decision done. She started to flip when I told her that I would have to think about,just to be nice and to keep it short so I can leave. I told her why pay so much to limit to what hairstyle and having to come in every month. I would rather shave my head instead of having to come in every month and pay extra fee (she left that out) My girlfriend was witnessing it all. She said it must be something, it is why I am there on a Saturday and it did not STOP there, she insulted me saying I am being indenial. Still I kept my cool and said I need help, but the help is not here. Still trying to sell herself, she said since you came back and spent $1400 the first time...I will take $500 off of the fake hair ($2500). I stood up before I loose my cool and she gave me her card....said later.

I want this said cause I don't anyone who needs help to get the door close on their face and insulted. I have my witness.

I am also glad to find this forum cause this site helped and gave me alot of knowledge. I read a couple of forum on here about Hair Club and I am not only person they have played, but at least I can learn from their mistakes and I appreciate that guys. I read that they shave all your asisting hair underneath where they apply the glue to put the fake hair and that is done everytime you come in for your monthly mantinance. 000h yea!! don't forget the scalp message or is it rubbing your bald spot.

So I am trying to be more wiser and do my research.

I will try to send some pics......

Pk

Originally posted by JHova:

I really would appreciate any feedback you all can give me on Hair Club for Men's EXT treatment.

I relize I lost more hair using this too. I think if I would have more 30% or more hair then I do now. Got no results,but the $1400 bill.

Originally posted by hairtodaygone:

I have tried EXT for 18months, nothing new, probably slightly lesser hair loss than before

I saw from details on Rogaine that it essentially contains 5% Minoxidil.

I have the 5% Minoxidil solution from "Hair Club". Will that be an effective alternative to buy Rogaine?

2 times a day is something I have not been regular with, but motivation here will get me going...

PK-hair,

Thanks for sharing your story with EXT. I've recently done some research on this product and written about it on the Hair Loss Learning Center under the "Alternative Treatments" section. Learn more about Extreme Hair Therapy (EXT).

The only proven ingredient to stop hair loss is minoxidil. Minoxidil is really only proven to regrow significant hair in a small percentage of patients while for others, it doesn't work at all.

EXT also contains saw palmetto, a conjectured DHT blocker with very little evidence to suggest efficacy and Vitamin E, which some molecules show some evidence to stop hair loss while others do not.

I always encourage all balding men and women considering hair loss treatments to research their options carefully, even proven treatments since they come with side effects. Making well informed choices and developing realistic expectations is what it's all about.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 2 years later...

Yesterday, I went to my appointment with Hair Club For Men. I have a slowly receding hairline and it is a concern to me. I went to talk to someone about it and get some advice as to what to do. The first person that came in talk to me introduced herself as the manager. The next person was a hair stylist. Of course, you have to keep in mind the whole time I am there I am repeating "no obligation" in my head. The EXT program looked like something I could find elsewhere and for less that $2,995 for a year program. They introduced the haircuts like it was huge feature. I get my haircut for $10 in my own town. What really bothered me is when the hair stylist was giving me the sales pitch I told him that I would have to talk it over with my wife. His goal was to make the sale before I exited the door. When he said, "If this was just for you and you could make the decision yourself, would you go ahead and do it?" my brain turned off. The fact is, I am not the only person to make the decision, because I have a wife of 9 years and there is a reason for that. I would not want her to make a $3000 decision without me, so I wouldn't do that to her. I feel like any legitimate business will give you time to consider the offer and not pressure you to make a decision right then. I am looking for comparable items to the Hair Club EXT line. They may work, but I don't want the pressure sale. It had all the signs of a commission based job. He said, "sebum (sp?) oils and DHT were affecting my hair growth, causing thinning" There is hair there, but he said it was being blocked. Anybody want to lead me in the right direction?

You could get every item they offer for much less on the internet. I went to have a consultation with them too. Buy some Revita or Nizoral shampoo, the dietary supplements they offer can be found at any walgreen, cvs, rite aid etc, and the minox they offer can be had as well for much cheaper(rogaine 6 month supply is like 100 dollars). So adding all of this tops will cost you 400 dollars a year which is a fifth of the EXT price.