8000 Grafts

Hi guys

I am on my third hair transplant. I had 1500 grafts in the UK and 4000 grafts in Canada. All of these grafts were placed at the hairline and a little further back. I am only two months in on my '4000' grafts procedure and still waiting for the results. Fingers crossed.

My question relates to the crown area which has never received any grafts. Just years of minoxidil and finasteride but no growth has occurred.

I hear that 8000 grafts is the average figure for the most number of grafts available from a human head. I have used up 5500 grafts which leaves me 2500. I was wondering if the best surgical plan would be to keep these 2500 grafts for further strip surgeries for future loss at the vertex of the head and harvest grafts using FUE for the crown. Is this possible? Can Fue give me more than 8000 grafts?

I am confused.

Any help much appreciated.

Hey thanks for the reply !!

I guess that the density achieved from strip work so far at least from the results I have seen on the internet is much better than the FUE procedure. The hair loss that I will suffer in the future is the hair that runs from the front of my hair line all the way to the back. Imagine Phil Collins.

This native hair when it disappears will possibly need more grafts than fue can deliver. And also because this hair is in a very prominent position, I would need to get the best density possible there too.

Its food for thought.

I was thinking fue for the crown as this area is less visible and keep a strip procedure in the bag for later when the more prominent hair falls out.

Thoughts?

That is possible to have another strip procedure and still have some donor available for FUE in the crown. However, you may have more than 8000. I have had patients that have up to 10,000 follicular units. I am not sure were you are, but you can always get a few opinions. It is easier and more accurate to assess the donor after adaquate healing has occured.