Newbie - first HT

Hi guys. My first post here. Going in next month for my first HT. Im a nw 5a and am going for 4000-4500 grafts with Dr. Bisanga. Will try and get some pics posted soon.

Got a question regarding scalp excersizes. How many minutes a day should i be doing them?

Welcome Barca and thanks for sharing.....

Just wondering what led you to Dr. Bisanga and how old you are?

On a NW5A 4000-4500 will fill in the bald spots nicely, to be sure!

Anyway, if you could perhaps share your consultation, cost, future factors, etc.. that would be great!!!!!!

Good Luck and thanks again!!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Hello Barca and welcome to the forums.

Funny, I just posted this link for another member, but as spex has mentioned, JoTronic has posted a great video for this, not only on youtube, but also on the Hasson and Wong website, found here: http://www.hassonandwong.com/mediagallery/av_player/av_player.html. The video should answer all your questions on scalp exercises and it's only about 1 or 2 minutes long.

I honestly can't say I've ever heard of Dr. Bisanga...as B Spot asked...what led you to him? And since I am not familiar with him...where is he located? 4000-4500 grafts will definitely give you some nice coverage and density on a NW5A (which by the way...that's what I was before my first surgery.

I hope that you will post your experience and progressive pictures of your surgery, before/right after/after over the course of the next year or so, as we'd love to support you and at the same time, see Dr. Bisanga's work.

Bill

Hi again.

Thanks for the link. B spot,Bill im 39. Several factors led me to Dr. Bisanga: results, cost, location, and time. H&W were my first choice but it would take me 20+ hrs (flying) just to get there. If I had more time (and money) to spare I would have gone to H&W and spent a week there post-op. Will probably go there for a 2nd ht (hope i won't have to though).

I found out about Dr. Bisanga from forums like this one. I wanted a good Dr. in Europe. Saw pics of his work, and nothing but praise from his patients, others and docs. I've done quite alot of reading on forums. You can tell who is advertising (shill posters) and who is genuine.

Anyway i'll try and make this brief so I don't sound like shill.(lol) He is based in brussels. He also has vids of his procedures on youtube (search for bisanga or bhr clinic). Does fue and strip. The procedure will cost me 2.5 euro/graft.

Edited this post: got my blog up

Barca,

Thanks for sharing with us and good luck with your surgery. I think now that you mention it, I may have seen a few things about BHR on Youtube, though in all my readings, I can't say I recall anything that jumped out at me about this clinic or doctor...but I can't say I was honestly looking either. That being said...now you have me curious and I may go poke around when I have time icon_wink.gif. Good luck to you and I hope you will share your journey with us by posting month to month photos after your surgery.

Bill

Barca-

I've not heard of the Doc you've chosen but judging from his location that makes sense. You don't really appear to have receeded so far down the sides, more toward the front, top and a little on the crown. I'd say 4500 grafts will fill you in nicely.

Are you doing anything for loss prevention like taking Propecia/Proscar (Finasteride) or using Minoxidil? If not, you really should consider them to help stave off future hair loss and maintain what you have.

Best of luck..........keep us posted!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• 1 month later...

Barca,

Looks like you got it work in your sig, either that or you posted the link twice icon_wink.gif

BUT, I cliecked on your blog and it's forever loading...nothing comes up. It's probably nothing on your end...probably the site is under maintenance of having difficulties. I can't seem to pull up hairbank's blog either, and I know that works icon_wink.gif

I guess I'll try again later.

Bill

Barca,

I just viewed your pics.........a little tough to tell from them but all seems to look good. Did they have a goal as to the density? If you got 4700 grafts in the area I see transplanted, you must have received above 50 grafts per sq cm easily. Do you have any idea?

Stay in touch and post updates if you can. Were you pretty pleased with your experience overall?

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

hairbank,

My doner density is 85-95 and I believe the goal was to get as close as possible to that.

As for the experience, i'm pretty pleased so far. Everyone at BHR made the experience worthwhile. Now I have to wait a year to see the results.

• 3 months later...

Looks like you're off to a good start. With 4700 grafts in that area..........you should have tons more grown to come. Hang in there and try to post updates for everyone if you can.

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

• 1 year later...