Satura Rosta

S Quark

Hello all.

My name is Simon and having discussed an initial engagement with the Hair Restoration Info community with Bill on PM I am making an initial posting on a natural hair loss treatment now available in the UK and beyond called Satura Rosta.

The product has been used extensively in the Israeli and Russian markets for a number of years, and through Propico clinics In Tel Aviv and Moscow has helped over 10,000 male and female patients achieve substantial permanent hair re-growth.

Bill warned me that such claims would almost certainly attract a considerable amount of scepticism from the Hair Restoration Community and being aware of that and highly respectful of the Terms Of Service of this Educational community, I simply wanted to try and establish an initial conversation on this product. Dr Julia Zigmond ??“ one of the senior clinicians at the manufacturers Propico (UK) Ltd ??“ will be available here to respond to any questions about the morphological and genetic processes stimulated by the unique formulation of the treatment.

The product is currently being used by two London based Dermatologists on "hard to treat" alopecia patients and results will be forthcoming in the next 3 months. We will encourage engagement with this community from the patients and representatives of clinics once the treatments are complete.

A blog is currently being established for all Propico products where patients have an opportunity to feedback on the use of them ??“ including Satura Rosta - and anyone wishing to further discuss this treatment would be welcome to engage off community with both clinicians and potentially with other patients via this blog or the Propico "contact Us" email address on the companies .eu domain registered site.

I want to make it very clear that Bill has in no way sanctioned the product I am introducing or indeed this posting ??“ but has kindly given us permission to make an initial posting strictly abiding to the Terms Of Service to the community. With his permission we will also be actively encouraging some of the handful of English speaking patients who have successfully used Satura Rosta to engage with any future postings within this community where appropriate

Thanks for your time.

Respectfully yours,

Simon

* I work for a UK based internet promotions agency called Hyperlaunch and have been tasked with raising awareness of the launch of UK products within Hair Loss communities.

* Dr Julia Zigmond or I will respond to any queries using this Hair Restoration Info community registration or Galina Z.

* Hyperlaunch are being paid for this work.

Is it applied orally or topically?

It would seem that if something had even a hint at working, it wouldn't take years to make it to the U.S. Also, I wouldn't figure Israel to be on the cutting edge of hairloss treatments.

But hey, I hope it works.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Simon,

Welcome to our forum community and thanks for following the rules based in our terms of service. Your initial presentation was well formulated.

As I discussed with one of your representatives on the phone when they called me, you will have a lot to do to prove to the world that your product does what it claims. Most members (including me) are highly skeptical of "miracle cure" products that claim to regrow a full head of hair, and rightfully so. I have seen none existing to date, and if/when it does, I imagine it would be broadcasted all over the news.

I do find it funny that your product has been around for over 10 years, yet I imagine that most balding men and women never heard of it.

Showing documentation, its ingredients, scientific proof, clinical studies, and asking your satisfied consumers to share their before/after pictures would be a great start in presenting any level of credibility to this product.

Otherwise, claims of success will most likely not and shouldn't be taken seriously.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi Bill.

I just wanted to respond in part to your posting ??“ Dr Julia Zigmond will also reply about the lack of awareness in the UK / US and ROW ??“ plus a little additional background on the product shortly too.

On your other specific points the ingredients of Satura Rosta are detailed here: algae extract. urtica dioica oil, calendula oil, burdock root extract, chamomile oil, arnica montana oil, fucus, burdock extract, capsicum annuum fruit extract, retinol, tocopherol, beta-carotine, linoleic acid, castor seed oil, oleum jecoris oil, linseed oil, fennel oil.

The product has been tested to UK and EEC drug safety standards and I have attached the only Clinical Trial certification I have available to use at present from tests in 2005 in Israel. Propico are not aware of any other natural hair restoration product that has published any similar study results.

I have also attached the first of some (admittedly poor) before and during/after images of patients treated in the Russian clinic in the recent past.

This image depicts substantial but partial re-growth in a female patient called Irena.

Other case images will be available shortly on the newly established blog on the Propico site (EU domain).

These too are very poor quality (although do depict full un-covered portraits of patients) and are not especially compelling, but Propico are now highly aware that they need to get more recent, and much higher quality images as soon as possible. We will post these as and when they are available and notify your community.

I am working with Propico to establish a presence for atleast two Russian patients and one English female patient willing to contribute to the Propico blog and potentially to this message board community in support of the claims we have made to date.

I hope this helps to answer some of your questions and would be happy to answer any more from you or any of your community as and when required.

I will encourage Dr Julia Zigmond to post her comments forthwith.

Simon

B_A_4_copy.jpg

Israel_Clinical_Trial.jpg.cd1c2b9386048cf705dc8351ac1d5620.jpg

Dear Bill.

Dr Julia Zigmond here from Propico.

I wanted to respond to the key point you raised about the visibility in the World Market for Satura Rosta.

Our products have been around for over 17 years. After more than ten years exhaustive testing and re-formulation we obtained "scientific" proof of the effectiveness of Satura Rosta (which no other natural hair loss remedy to our knowledge has achieved). After this we ran clinical trials in two countries (Israel and Russia) ??“ which were successful.

Since this time we have treated many thousands of patients in Russia, Israel, Ukraine, and Eastern Europe via over 40 clinics.

Our products are very well known in the above areas. We have had substantial media coverage complimenting our achievements though television, radio national newspapers and magazines.

Corporate Pharmaceutical, health and beauty companies treat us seriously. We have been regularly approached by them making massive financial offers to "go away". We can only assume that they are worried that we have a product that really does work which makes their products on drug store shelves totally useless. In discussions with them they insist on sight of our scientific research and formulas which if given to them allows them to "steal" our products. However, at the appropriate time, the scientists who carried out the research are willing to discuss their findings.

We have found that Corporates work to prevent small companies like ourselves making full use of the media. Equally they have huge budgets for advertising ??“ something we do not have. At present we cannot compete with these companies.

Another aspect to the Satura Rosta treatment is that the unique combination of ingredients and manufacturing technology, along with the products being "hand made" we could not currently cope with the production of industrial volumes of Satura Rosta.

All chemical remedies can be mass produced.

In October 2007 we started to manufacture our products in the UK having obtained all the toxicology approvals. We are also expanding throughout western Europe so we hope that any future demand in new markets can be satisfied readily.

Our products are not a miraculous cure for everything. It requires lengthy treatments for anything between 3 to 6 months depending on the severity of the hair condition.

What we can state is that our product is better than anything else available backed up with the scientific proofs.

We trust this clarifies your points and would welcome your continued discussion.

Yours sincerely,

Dr Julia Zigmond

Propico UK Ltd

Hello Dr. Zigmond,

Surely, after 17 years you (or anyone else involved) would have TONS of before/during/after pictures to back up this claim. I'm not trying to put you down or anything but you can understand why most people in the hair loss community will be skeptical. Many people spent thousands of dollars to just to try to keep the hair loss at a minimum, let along GROWING new hair. Also, the picture that Simon posted of a female patient....how long has she been using the product?

Thanks

I'm afraid these before & after photos do nothing except fill me with skepticism. Even if we accept that she's not covering her face to disguise the fact that they're different people, the hair styles are completely different, meaning that it is impossible to glean anything at all ... other than the fact that we're being presented with photos that prevent anyone from making a valid comparison.

I appreciate the replies of Dr. Zigmond and Simon.

Simon,

Though you admit in black and white that the before/after pictures are of poor quality, I want to make you aware that many members of this community are highly trained as to what to look for in a photo that shows an accurate representation of the result. For example, in picking apart the one you selected to present:

1. Angles are completely different. Before picture at a slight tilt will surely reveal more scalp than a hairline picture (after)

2. Hair style is different. You can clearly see that in the before picture, the part is at the middle whereas in the after picture, hair from one side swoops over to the other creating a greater illusion of density. You can however, still see the thinning in the middle of the hairline in the after picture.

I know you said you will post more as they are available, but you will certainly have to do better than this. In fact, I'd recommend that your next picture sample be a closer representation or you will only fill your audience with even more skepticism.

I also want to comment on the list of ingredients. I have not studied thoroughly all of them to date, but I have done research on many of them individually. Though some hype exists for some of these ingredients, I have found no evidence of clinical trials performed on them that show any level of efficacy for hair loss.

The only one that contained some clinical information is "tocopherol". However, in studying this, I have found that tocopherol had very little if any supporting evidence of efficacy, whereas tocotrienol has some supporting evidence. See my article on vitamin E for more information.

Dr. Zigmond,

I appreciate your input but since you are a physician I hope you will spend more time educating us on the chemical components and scientific proof of efficacy including actual clinical trials instead of trying to impress us with marketing tactics.

The fact that the ingredients are "hand made" means nothing. My wife bakes from scratch and though they taste good, it doesn't mean that if I put it on my head, my hair will grow icon_wink.gif.

I also have a hard time believing that a company who believes they really have the closest thing to a "cure" for baldness doesn't have the money to afford to market their product. Pull out a hefty loan, market your product, and if it really works, you will soon be millionaires and be able to pay off the loans and live richly icon_smile.gif

Best wishes,

Bill

Sorry, the hair in the second pic is combed over the bald areas.

Burden of proof is on you, the manufacturer to prove your product works.

I suggest you work with Bill and have him get 10 patients willing to try your product for a year for FREE.

If it works as you say it does, you won't be able to fill all the orders you will get from this site and others.

I, however, expect you to go away unless your willing to prove your statements.

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

I agree with previous comments...the burden of proof is on the manufacturer, and there is still a lot to prove with this product's claims. That picture and generic product overview isn't going to cut it. For starters, if it really is a proven product that's been around for so many years then why's the marketing so poor?

Hopefully, there's more scientific evidence that can be provided to the site for review, otherwise it appears just to be another "miracle cure" with little backing.

the only way you will convince this community is to have some veteran members try the product out. otherwise you are wasting your time here.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Hi Hair Dew, Shorty B, HairThere, The B Spot, Please Grow Please and others.

I am in the process of responding to all your postings and will speak to Julia tomorrow to gather her thoughts.

We are very keen to nurture an ongoing dialogue on this community and will answer every question as soon as we can.

Yours sincerely,

Simon Q

S Quark,

In the future, please ask your consumers to post on this thread rather than creating their own. I don't want "Satura" testimonies all over the forum when to me, there is still no compelling evidence that this product works.

For the consumers you are contacting and asking them to post, please make sure they are willing to post their pictures. If not, then tell them not to post.

Our members are interested in proof which is why I am humoring you by allowing you to participate here. Spam will not be tolerated.

Thanks,

Bill

My apologies Billeos.

Many of them are completely new to message boards and I will ensure that any of them who are planning to join the dialogue are clear on the protocol required to continue the conversational opportunity you have afforded us here.

Once again - my apologies to all.

Sincerely,

Simon

Simon, you have much to apologize for.

Deceptive photo practice for a start.

As several others have already pointed out on this thread:

"Before" picture is overexposed and hair is splayed out to appear as bald as possible. Head is tilted more downward than after photo making thinning area appear larger relative to the "after" photo.

"After" photo is darker than "before" photo and hair has been combed to cover thinning area. The large gap right in the center of the hairline is still as prominent as it was in the first photo.The head his now tilted more upward making the thinning area look smaller and the photo was taken from a greater distance making the thinning area falsely appear smaller.

And of course no medical information is made available. You probably don't even know the medical background of the subject in your "copywritten" photo yourself. How do we know she didn't have a thyroid condition that was untreated in the before photo?

I do not know this company, nor do I know the people. But the modus operandi will be identical to the laser advocates.

1.Deceptive photos,

2.Supposed "scientific" studies,

3.False and non-sequitar refrences to biochemical science,

4.Government refrences,

5.Media attention,

6.Physician complicity,

7.Tons of unsupported anecdotal testimonies from supposedly satisfied customers. None of them verifiable of course.

8. And plenty of back-pedaling and needing time to get more information and evidence from "other" people.

We've seen it all before.

Of all the oils you mention in the "product" you forgot the most prominent one...snakeoil.

Shame on you Simon, I don't know how you and others like you sleep at night.

Dr. Feller

looks like another snakes oil to me

The photos are typical.

different lighting and angles

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Guest wanthairs

Well I have news for all of you.....

I have done extensive work with Saturna Rosta in combination with the lexington laser comb. The research was funded by Bosley back in the 90's The product worked wonders. There is even very good photographic evidence and I will post a link to it.

They got about 100 Norwood 7's and after a rigourous reginmen twice daily for 9 months all of them grew 70-80% of their hair back. and if you dont belive me , here are the results.....These men have used the laser comb and Saturna Rosta for many years to get their great hairlines.

http://www.baldhalloffame.com/

So its obvious, forget transplants, they dont work, and get on saturna Rosta and the laser comb for real results, like the ones posted on the link.