Medical Hair Restoration Texas

ht_ready

Hi,

I am thinking about hair transplant? Does anybody have any experience with the Medical Hair Restoration group in austin, texas(http://www.medicalhairrestoration.com)? I was told that I require 1200-1400 grafts(consists mainly mini and micro grafts). It was for the back and used the elasticity of the donor area and stitch it up. This will cost me $800-$9000? Is this reasonable? Please let me know.

Thanks.

Hi,

I am thinking about hair transplant? Does anybody have any experience with the Medical Hair Restoration group in austin, texas(http://www.medicalhairrestoration.com)? I was told that I require 1200-1400 grafts(consists mainly mini and micro grafts). It was for the back and used the elasticity of the donor area and stitch it up. This will cost me $800-$9000? Is this reasonable? Please let me know.

Thanks.

YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT WHO TO, AND NOT TO, USE:

Comments

Hi Pat,I just wanted to commend you on building such an increduble website. Choosing a hair transplant surgeon can be difficult and with all the mass marketing done by the bigger companies,it can be easy to get sucked in like I did. Thanks to you,people will be able to find a top surgeon and will never have to suffer from a bad transplant. I am personally so happy that I found your old website about 15 months ago and was able to find Dr. Shapiro to do my second procedure. Initially,after going on several consultations with Bosley,Elliot & True and several other clinics I decided to have surgery done by Matt Leavitt at Medical Hair restoration. Due to MHR's effective advertising, I really thought leavitt was the best in the country and traveled from Connecticut to Florida because I wanted the very best. Unfortunately, I ended up with a much less than desirable result which included pitting, overly large grafts, poor hair texture and a lack of styling options. It was so troublesome that I was getting my hair cut every single week just to look presentable. In march of 2000,I had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Ron Shapiro and having my second transplant done by him. This may have literally saved my life or at least given me the opportunity to enjoy life again. I will never have a great head of hair I don't think because I had bad results the first time but I can't say enough good things about Dr. Shapiro and the work he does. Not only is he is an incredibly talented surgeon but one of the nicest doctors or people I have ever met. He is easy to communicate with,very down to earth and very giving with his time. I was in Florida on vacation and he took a day from his vacation just to come in and do my surgery.Not only that, but he spent about 7 hours with me just to make sure everything was perfect before he finished. Like Pat, I love telling hairdressers that I had it done and seeing their reaction. I've also been to several plastic surgeons for an unrelated matter and they are generally shocked also.One guy even asked if he could look closer and was astounded when he did. In fact,the other night,I was looking at my hairline in the mirror and was just amazed by how natural the grafts are and how close the spacing is,just like real hair. My only regret is not having found Dr. Shapiro before my first surgery because I have no doubt about how great my hair would look if he had done both of my procedures. If anyone ever has more questions about my positive experience with Dr. Shapiro, feel free to email me at drbriggs7@aol.com anytime. Pat,thanks again for a phenomenal website and helping people find great surgeons like Dr. Shapiro,you're a credit to mankind. DB

No, that price is not reasonable. You are paying for their hefty advertising costs. I haven't heard from one person yet who has been satistied with the work from MHR. I had 2000 grafts for 7,000 from Dr. Keene in Arizona--she does excellent work. There is supposed to be a doctor in Texas who does really good work--I think he is listed on this site. Do a lot of reading before you make any decisions.

• Administrators

Needless to say I agree with the above posts.

Yes, Dr. Shapiro is superb. And I believe that no one does better work in the world than him and his group.

But if you want to stay in Texas I strongly suggest you do a consult with Dr. Limmer ("The Godfather of Follicular Units") in San Antonio or Dr. Dow Stough in Dallas who also does all follicular unit work. They are the two best that I know of in Texas.

For more info about them go to "Find a Great Surgeon" on this site and click on Texas. I think you will also be very pleasantly surprised at their prices.

Best wishes to you for getting the results you want in the New Year. Pat

[This message was edited by Pat - Publisher of this site on January 15, 2002 at 07:21 AM.]

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

• 3 years later...

Mario, HOw are you, I would really love to talk to you because im trying to decide where to go to for my second transplant. ONe thing i was wondering about was how the plastic surgen or the hair stylist didnt notice "dr leavitts overy large plugs". In my mind right now i would go to dr shapiro if what you are saying is true and he does better work. Im flat out confused and wish i could meet some of his patients or something. I mean no disrespect Mario just you statments seem inconsistent that dr levitt did a bad job but when people take a closer look at your head they cant see the bad job. I would love for you to convince me what your saying is true because im having a hard time figuring out what i should do.

thanks everyone

regards

jesse

Mario,

I must agree in every way with your assesment of Dr Shapiro. He did both of my procedures and he simply demands that you get the very best procedure possible. He always considers the future, and works putting it all together. Very down to earth and considerate. Top notch in every way! Absolutely undetectable work, even close up!

If convience is your issue, then Limmer would be a good choice for TX-- However, if you can afford a plane ticket to MN-- Shapiro is the way to go-- I did a great job with my fill in work on my hairline and temples. NW airlines had $109 fares recently-- shop the net for deals as well. Shapiro has discounts with local hotels with free shuttle service to his office. Call his office to get a packet sent to you.

• 6 months later...

I was wondering you guys that have dealt with Dr Shapiro. I have heard nothing but good things about him. What is a ball park figure of his prices, per graft, however he charges? Also I am in San Antonio, has anyone had work done by the Limmers, I have heard good things about them too, and there prices are very good? Thanks for any info