Donor area scarring - Pat?

• Administrators

Note - This message was recopied by Pat the editor from the original discussion group to this vastly improved online community.

The name of orginal poster and the date posted are listed below:

Date: 3/3/01

Time: 4:44:18 PM

Remote Name: 207.223.177.227

Comments

Hey Pat-

Do you have any scaring in your donor area? do you have a picture of donor area

Thanks

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

• Administrators

Note - This message was recopied by Pat the editor from the original discussion group to this vastly improved online community.

The name of orginal poster and the date posted are listed below:

Date: 3/3/01

Time: 4:44:18 PM

Remote Name: 207.223.177.227

Comments

Hey Pat-

Do you have any scaring in your donor area? do you have a picture of donor area

Thanks

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

• Administrators

Date: 3/4/01

Time: 3:33:50 PM

Remote Name: 196.40.56.242

Comments

Technicaly, you will always have a scar in the donor area. My experience, and I know it is typical of Dr. Shapiro's patients, is that the donor scar has been a non issue. After I healed from my first two surgeries, even my hair stylist could not find the scar when searching for it using a comb. Needless to say it was a totally cosmetic non issue. On my third procedure, however, I got a bit sloppy about when to take out the stickes and left them in about a week too long. In one area the stitches caused some undue scaring that you can now detect in that one little area if you use a comb to find it. The area about an 1/8 inch wide by an inch and 1/2 long. Personally it doesn't concern me. It really is undectable unless you look for it. And who in my life would ever even think or care to try?

Thanks for the excellent question - Pat

My Hair Loss Blog

• Administrators

Date: 3/4/01

Time: 4:30:02 PM

Remote Name: 64.252.73.242

Comments

Pat - A follow up question about scarring - Is there any scarring on your scalp that can be seen in "The right light"?

My Hair Loss Blog

• Administrators

Date: 3/15/01

Time: 4:38:58 PM

Remote Name: 205.142.108.6

Comments

No scarring, pitting, or cobble stoning on the scalp on top - just the way it should be. A month after surgery (once my initial short graft hairs had shed as they normally do) my scalp looked exactly like it did before surgery. Done right, I believe there should be no visible scarring in the recipient area.

Thanks for the insightfull question - Pat

My Hair Loss Blog