Provillus for hair loss...

Just got to month 5 on my second HT..Starting to get a little fuller especially in the corner of the right side.

My question is I have been on Propecia for about 2 years now,allthough at times I have missed some applications here and there..It is getting expensive for me and I have not renewed it for about a month now..

I have read MANY blogs concerning Provillus as an aid to keeping and regrowing hair.It is natural and a DHT blocker.Cost is 200 for a six month supply as opposed to around 375 for propecia...I also heard that Proscar is a good hair loss product but dont you need a prescription for this? Will it effect my prostate? Both my transplants were in the front,I do have a bald spot in the back and propecia and Rogaine foam which I still use twice a day did help some but not significant..

Any help with this would be most appreciated..

Thank you.....

Just got to month 5 on my second HT..Starting to get a little fuller especially in the corner of the right side.

My question is I have been on Propecia for about 2 years now,allthough at times I have missed some applications here and there..It is getting expensive for me and I have not renewed it for about a month now..

I have read MANY blogs concerning Provillus as an aid to keeping and regrowing hair.It is natural and a DHT blocker.Cost is 200 for a six month supply as opposed to around 375 for propecia...I also heard that Proscar is a good hair loss product but dont you need a prescription for this? Will it effect my prostate? Both my transplants were in the front,I do have a bald spot in the back and propecia and Rogaine foam which I still use twice a day did help some but not significant..

Any help with this would be most appreciated..

Thank you.....

Proscar, once split into the proper proportions is the same as a propecia tablet. Proscar comes in 5mg pills, which you split into 4 giving you 1.25mg of finasteride (active ingrediant in both medications). Propecia contains 1mg of finasteride. When used this way, Proscar is much more affordable and produces the same result as propecia so definitely look into that. Finasteride is most effective in the crown area, which it sounds like you're trying to preserve so i do not recommend just stopping the medication. Rogaine plus finasteride is your best non-surgical method to retain what you have on your crown and possibly regrow some.

Good luck

PS I've read on this forum that Provillus is crap. I think its main ingrediant is Saw Palmetto, which is a weak DHT blocker at best.