Please Help!

Hello,

I am 29 years old and have spent the past couple of hours reading these posts gathering info on how to cope with hair loss. I have had a slow receeding hairline since I was about 22-23, but it is getting to the point where I want to do something about it or plan for the future. Other than the "corners" at the hariline, I have a full, thick head of hair. I want to stay on top of my hairline before it continues to receede. From what I am reading, the drugs and shampoos don't help a receeding hairline. I wouldn't mind my hair if I knew for sure that it would be a SLOW recession, but I think it has sped up the past couple of years. I am able to hide the corners pretty well with my hair, but I'm growing tired of this. What would you do if you were in my situation? Thank you!

Hello,

I am 29 years old and have spent the past couple of hours reading these posts gathering info on how to cope with hair loss. I have had a slow receeding hairline since I was about 22-23, but it is getting to the point where I want to do something about it or plan for the future. Other than the "corners" at the hariline, I have a full, thick head of hair. I want to stay on top of my hairline before it continues to receede. From what I am reading, the drugs and shampoos don't help a receeding hairline. I wouldn't mind my hair if I knew for sure that it would be a SLOW recession, but I think it has sped up the past couple of years. I am able to hide the corners pretty well with my hair, but I'm growing tired of this. What would you do if you were in my situation? Thank you!

1st of all don't "stay on top of your" hairline by jumping into transplants. Go see your dermatologist, or get one, and get on propecia. Not to say that it will regrow your hairline, but in most patients does a good job of fending off the recession and its progression. Then by all means read this forum and others mention by different people on this site. If after educating yourself, you want to go the transplant route, then you will be much wiser as to the horror stories that some people have experienced, as well as some successes. 1)get on propecia 2)read, read, read

what i quoted about the hairline jo was what spencer kobren says on his radio show about finasteride. For some reason, when merck filed w/ the fda for propecia, they did not need to say it worked for the hairline so they didn't go that route.(More studies means more $ to spend) But since they launched proecia, all anecdotal(not sure about spelling) evidence points to it having effects on crown and hairline, not necessarily growing, but maintaining. Could be wrong, but thats coming from spencer, good luck on the upcoming surgery jo, PEACE

Propecia was not tested in the hairline, so it cannot be legally claimed to work there by Merck. During the tests they marked a small circle on the scalps of test patients, and then used magnification to count the hairs. They had to isolate one area and stick to it, and it happened to be the crown.

From what I hear, Propecia "may" actually work better in the crown (or show results faster) but the main thing to remember is that Propecia can prevent miniaturization (or reverse miniaturization) of follicles no matter where they are on your head. Including the donor area.

I agree with the other posters that Travis should be on Propecia, because if it goes well, he can avoid needing a hair transplant.