Post op scalp discoloration-?poor blood supply

I had 2400 FUE's done on 12/4 involving the first 2/3 of my frontal scalp. Post op the skin color did not look too "good" per the surgeon who was concerned about blood flow to a select area. This area in question was where HT plugs were placed 15 years ago. Some of the plugs did not grow that well. My surgeon has suggested massaging the scalp 4-6 times per day using the Bacitracin ointment as a lubercant. It seems to be helping? some. I am quite anxious regarding losing the FUE's in the questionable areas. Has anyone ever had a problem like this? What does anyone advise regarding "increasing" blood flow? Any suggestions, help/hope, or encouragement would be greatly appreciated!! I am quite upset regarding this outcome. HELP!!

I had 2400 FUE's done on 12/4 involving the first 2/3 of my frontal scalp. Post op the skin color did not look too "good" per the surgeon who was concerned about blood flow to a select area. This area in question was where HT plugs were placed 15 years ago. Some of the plugs did not grow that well. My surgeon has suggested massaging the scalp 4-6 times per day using the Bacitracin ointment as a lubercant. It seems to be helping? some. I am quite anxious regarding losing the FUE's in the questionable areas. Has anyone ever had a problem like this? What does anyone advise regarding "increasing" blood flow? Any suggestions, help/hope, or encouragement would be greatly appreciated!! I am quite upset regarding this outcome. HELP!!

Why not rub rogaine on it?

That's supposed to increase blood flow.

There is a story about a guy who's scalp was to tight from MPR's and his plugs would not grow.

Did you have any MPRs?

the story is on this web page. He is an Bosley patient:

Plugs won't grow story

I don't know if it will help in anyway, but it gives you an idea of someone who had a similar problem.

my scalp is still red after six months. the so called dr. said what is red to one person may not be red to another. i also think its because of his poor skills as a surgeon and his lack of knowledge of human anatomy.what was he doing in med school wasting everybodys time,there are people that deserve to be there. he is a discusting piece of sh77.

"The first cut is the deepest." Cat Stevens

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>the so called dr. said what is red to one person may not be red to another.

BRILLIANT!!!

To Stephen Sargant, as long as you are 1-2 weeks post op, you should not have to worry about losing a graft. Obviously you should not get excessively rough with your scalp though.