When can I play golf again after HT?

icon_smile.gif yes, day after would be too soon. icon_eek.gif

you're going to want to wait 2 weeks or so and having your staples/sutures taken care of before you start even thinking about exercise, and even then, you want to be extremely cautious.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

JoDirt,

Well, I suppose on playstation, lol.

No way! I am a golfer too and your swing will stretch your neck area. You have to let that heal at least two weeks. While many think golf is relaxing and not too stressful, you know when you crank up that driver things stretch quite a bit. Trust me, you will not want to do anything he day after other than sit up and watch tv. GL wih your surgery!

NoBuzz

aw man, guess golf on Wii is out of the question too hehe.

okay then call of duty 4 on my xbox360 will do then.

thanks guys.

side note- i know there are many forums beside this one, but i think this forum has more valuable opinions that are genuine then other forum.

HairThere,

Choosing a doctor is like buying a car, and not leasing one =)

top doctors are like MBZ,BMW,Acura,lexus and while the doctors to avoid are like hyundai and yugo.

I'm narrowing my field down to a couple, I sent more questions and new taken pictures to the doctors and see how they respond.

I know some of the ppl on the forum suggest that money shouldnt be a factor in choosing a doctor, but lets be honest, everyone cares about money and how much HT cost.

So, I'm going to weigh everything-money, doctor skills, etc. in determining the right doctor.

And will choose the best doctor that fit my needs and my budget. One good thing is that I wont be choosing one that is not recommended on this forum.

jd, you can sell a car...an ht is on your head for life...

i was swayed by cost and it ended up costing me twice as much because i had to get a 2nd procedure that would have been totally uneeded had i done it right the first time. choose wisely...

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Regarding cost, (thankfully) many of the top clinics do not charge an inordinate price to the market.

-----------

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Yes, thank God, the top clinics are not charging an arm and a leg.

What i meant about cost is that Im not going to go to a clinic that charges 1 dollar a graft or 2 dollars, those are warning signs. I would still choose one of the top clinic, but would consider the amount of grafts i should do now, should i do half or 3/4 then finish it up another year or two and see how the results are, if need be, to schedule a second surgery. sure, a one shot megasession is sweet, but like I said, I'm not a millionaire, so breaking down the procedure might be more cost efficient for me with my budget.

NG2GB,

Are you giving golf advice now too?? icon_wink.gifHave you ever played? Here are some rules for you since I know you are a hacker: icon_biggrin.gif

The Rules of Bedroom Golf:

Each player shall furnish his own equipment for play, normally one club and two balls.

Play on course must be approved by the owner of the hole.

Unlike outdoor golf, the object is to get the club in the hole and keep the balls out.

For most effective play, the club should have a firm shaft. Course owners are permitted to check shaft stiffness before play begins.

Course owners reserve the right to restrict club length to avoid damage to the hole.

Object of the game is to take as many strokes as necessary until the owner is satisfied play is complete. Failure to do so may result in being denied permission to play again.

It is considered bad form to begin playing the hole immediately upon arrival. Experienced players will normally take time to admire the entire course, paying special attention to well formed mounds and bunkers.

Players are cautioned not to mention other courses they have played or are currently playing to the owner of the course being played. Upset owners have been known to damage a players equipment for this reason.

Players are encouraged to have proper rain gear, just in case.

Players should not assume that the course is in shape to play at all times. Players may be embarrassed if they find the course temporarily under repair. Players are advised to be extremely tactful in this situation. More advanced players will find alternate means of play when this is the case.

Players should assume their match has been properly scheduled particularly when playing a new course for the 1st time. Previous players have been known to become irate if they discover someone else is playing what they considered a private course.

The owner of the course is responsible for the pruning of any bushes, which may reduce the visibility of the hole.

Players are strongly advised to get the owners permission before attempting to play the backside.

Slow play is encouraged, however, players should be prepared to proceed at a quicker pace at the owners request.

It is considered an outstanding performance, time permitting, to play the same hole several times in one match.

NoBuzz

Originally posted by notgoing2gobald:

either way you can rest assured you weren't the first to sink that hole. icon_mad.gif

Goes without saying, sorta (damn you for ruining it for me...); you show me a man who has putted across a mint, infantile green and I'll show you a prison cell w/ a manic-depressive named Big Biff.

-----------

2 weeks for all strenous activity is a good rule but ask your doctor for his guidance. I had a patient mess up one side of his facelift by "swinging just a bit too hard on the 5th hole" a few years ago 9 days out from a facelift and I had to do a touchup. So, wait 2 weeks and slowly ease back into strenous activities. And, watch the sun exposure on your scalp/donor region and recipient regions(see my other posts on hyperpigmentation)

Dr. Lindsey RESTON, VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Dr. Lindsey,

That is too bad about that patient, golf is addictive you know. Nothing to lose your face over though!

Good advice, for God's sake guys, take it easy after a HT for 2 weeks at least!! You have invested a lot of $$$!! Take care of it!

NoBuzz