Off-topic question about hair transplants

Anonymous

If hair transplants are so popular now, if people get such good results from getting them done, how come we don't see actors getting them done? Just curious cause I see guys like Bill Murray, Bruce Willis with a recedding hairline and I'm SURE they have enough money to afford a hair transplant so what's stopping them?

Regimen: 5% Minoxidil twice a day (morning and night) on front hairline, Proscar (broken into 5 pieces) one piece every night. MSM 1000 Mg, Zinc 30 Mg, Vitamin E, Multi-Vitamin.

Baby Shampoo for showering.

If hair transplants are so popular now, if people get such good results from getting them done, how come we don't see actors getting them done? Just curious cause I see guys like Bill Murray, Bruce Willis with a recedding hairline and I'm SURE they have enough money to afford a hair transplant so what's stopping them?

Regimen: 5% Minoxidil twice a day (morning and night) on front hairline, Proscar (broken into 5 pieces) one piece every night. MSM 1000 Mg, Zinc 30 Mg, Vitamin E, Multi-Vitamin.

Baby Shampoo for showering.

I agree - those guys are comfortable with the way that they look.

There also is still a stigma with Hair Transplants. A lot of people don't know how far HTs have come. They think an HT still means doll's head like plugs.

And, there is always the risk associated with any kind of surgery. Like Arfy says - "a bad transplant is worse than being bald". For a successful actor, it could ruin their career, so why chance it?

That is a good question. I've always wondered why one of my all time heroes, David Lee Roth, didn't do anything about his hair loss. So many people made fun of him because he was this long haired rocker. And he started sporting a baseball cap a lot so it didn't seem like he was enjoying going bald. I'm sure he's loaded and here I am figuring out my expenses for the next few months so I can afford an HT sometime soon.

Maybe since the rich and famous have had so many women and everything else handed to them because of the royalty treatment given to anyone whose face is on TV regulary they don't feel as desparate about it. A working class single guy like me who has to put on the whole, "Look at me. Ain't I cute?" routine just to get some occasionally would like all the ammo I can get.

Even if I were famous, I don't like the way I look bald so screw everybody if they don't like that I got an HT. But I'm not famous so I don't think too many people will care much if I get a hair transplant. Some of these celebrities may have started balding before HT technology got as good as it presently is. And for them to suddenly have hair would be like, "Ah-Ha! Hair transplant!" because everybody knows what they've looked like. I think the more HT technology progresses and the more affordable it becomes for the masses, the less the stigma will be. Do most people care if someone's gotten a nose job anymore? When there's an affordable option to being bald I think a lot more guys will opt for hair and it will be more acceptable. I'm sure Bruce Willis didn't jump for joy when he started to go bald. Maybe he just didn't want to be a guy who had "work" done.

I am a huge soccer fan and watched Zindane play yesterday. My first thought was what he would look like with a transplant (disgusting huh). The point is once the world has seen you without hair, having a transplant is pointless.

Another celebrity that recieved a transplant was Joseph Tillman. I must say that his transplant is probaly the best transplant that I have seen on a famous person. icon_wink.gif

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

There was a "Behind the Music" on VH1 about David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar. Dave's hair was very long but thin in the front and with a baseball size bald spot in back. With his big ego, it's surprising that he hasn't had an HT.

I've often wondered myself why more celebrities don't have hair transplants. Because they've definitely got the money, so there must be some other reason. Back in the late 1980s, all I ever heard from girls was how cute Bruce Willis was--even as he was losing his hair. Wouldn't he be cuter with more hair?

I've noticed a couple of local news reporters who were losing their hair suddenly had full heads of hair again after not seeing them for a while. They are either transplants or hair pieces.

Matthew McConaughey is one who comes to mind who had something done to his hair. I think he claims he's taking herbs. But there is something being done.

Barry Williams, who played Greg Brady, had a hair transplant.

http://www.brandymd.com/transplant_photos_men.cfm

Rumor has it actor Steven Seagal had one. Others may have to.

Part of the reason actors get jobs is because of the way they look. The guy who played "George Costanza" on Seinfeld probably wouldn't have gotten the job with a full head of hair.

I've also often wondered why millionaire actors choose to be fat. If I were in the public eye, I'd want to look my best. But John Goodman doesn't seem concerned. Nor all the other fat actors out there like that slob on "King of Queens".

Also, Andre Agasse comes to mind. He used to be known for his hair--and was a sex symbol at the time. Of course, he lost that title when he shaved his head.

Personally, I'd like to meet some hair transplant recipients in person. I don't think anyone claims hair transplants are 100% perfection. But, if you have significant loss and want it back, even a thinner head of hair is worthwhile.

When HT doctors put photos on their websites, often they'll take the photo in such a way as to make the recipient look as good as possible. Thus, there is some marketing trickery involved.

Ha, but I've seen some doctor's websites with "after" pictures that looked so utterly horrible that it seems they are trying to scare business away.

I guess the best thing is to meet someone in person. Then you can ask them firsthand. And see firsthand, too.

Andre Agassi is one of those rare men who is very good looking despite balding. He's just got the looks and the head shape to pull it off. He's very lucky.

He looked good with his long hair, which was kind of his trademark, but he looks excelent now, too. And he's married to the hot Steffi Graf, so obviously the guy isn't hurting.

Some established actors can't get HT"s because it would be obvious. Many others, like Joe Peschi, Jason Alexander, Robert DeNiro, etc. use hairpieces, etc. when they are in different roles. James Garner does this, so does Dennis Hopper. Many others, too, that don't come to mind right now.

Robert DeNiro has a hair piece

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Ted~

I'd have to disagree with you in regards to Andre Agassi's head shape...

I think that's one of the head shapes you don't want to have if you were to shave it...

He's got like a camels bump in his head....

No offense though dude....

here's a more recent picture of david lee roth:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/040324/482/nyr10203241011

personally, i think he looks fine.. yeah his hairline has receded, but for a guy who is 47 years old in the photo above and 49 now, i think he looks pretty young & fine in the photo.

andre aggassi has also gotten plenty of beautiful women. probably due to his fame and fortune then his lack of hair icon_smile.gif