Looking for doctor in LA

Brietling

I also would like to hear from someone on this. I am considering visiting Dr's Straub, Rassman or McClellan, who are endorsed by Pat, for a consultation. Haven't read much on any of these guys, other than Pat's endorsement. I suppose they lend financial support to the site, which is O.K. I would like to hear from another perspective . Thanks. icon_confused.gif

[This message was edited by jp on January 04, 2002 at 11:45 PM.]

• Administrators

You may also want to check out and consult with Dr. McAndrews in the LA area. He does all follicular unit work, which appears to be impressive.

I've been reluctant to recommend him since his prices have normally been on the high side. But my understanding is he will offer steep discounts if a patient lets on of his med students observe the procedure.

Pat

P.S. Let us all know how your consults went.

Thanks for reading this post. But it's your posts that make this discussion group real and vital. Please jump into the discussion. Just pick a topic and click the reply button.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

According to their web site, NHI in Los Angeles is having an open house this Thursday 4:30-7:00 pm. I will confirm this information Monday and go if possible. Anyone ever been to a NHI function? What's it like? Helpful? icon_smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dr Worton at NHI and Dr Straub are both $5.00 per graft. However Dr Sraub said that you usually end up getting significantly more grafts than are charged. Apparently he sticks with his original quote for number of grafts, instead of tallying up and charging for the actual number transplanted. Dr Straub has a very nice office. Very personable too. icon_cool.gificon_cool.gif