can minidoxil work 1nce a day

vikas

hi,

i wanna no if there are people who have used minidoxil 1nce a day with success.appyin it 2wice a day is juz not feasible as i cant go out.my doc s told me it ll work even it i use it 1nce at night.i hv no problems usin it thruout if it works tht way.

Hi

I was using it daily for month or so but i didnt had any sucess, Hair loss is something which cant be controlled its all to do with genetics i think so. Try applying but it works on some people .Best of luck

vikas,

You said that your hair loss in not genetic? If it is not genetic, then what is the cause? If it is not genetic, then are you certain that you should be applying minoxidil?

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Vikas,

Maybe you are confused as to what genetic means? All MPB (male pattern baldness) is genetic. That doesn't mean that your dad or grandfather ever lost his hair...it just means that it's caused by genes and it's passed on. Not everyone who carries the gene loses their hair, and not everyone loses their hair the same way. If your hair loss is not genetic, it is caused by something more unnatural like a disease or something? If that's the case...I echo Robert's question....should you be using Minox?

Bill

• 1 month later...

Once a day is better than nothing, if you are going to use it. It's a committment to stay on it, so don't just start using Minoxidil (Roaine, etc) on a whim. Any treatment can trigger a shed when you start it (or end it) so be sure that you really want to be on Minoxidil and are prepared to give it a good run, so that any potential sheds are outweighed by some results.

Speaking of results, one fellow said he tried it for a month and it didn't work... a month is not long enough time. You should try using it for a year or so, before you decide it doesn't work.

Again, don't get on Minoxidil (or anything else) without doing the research first.

A hair transplant doctor told me that even once a day with Minoxidil can be beneficial, by the way. I believe him.

What could also be beneficial is to write posts in proper English. English is not my mother tongue but I feel that things like "r", "juz", "hv", "n i m" and "i no" should be kept for cell phones only, especially since a lot of readers here come from outside the US.

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

Originally posted by kg007:

What do you guys think about using Minox temporarily only for couple of months after the HT?? Do you think that would help jump start the new growth without having native hairs depend on Minox?

KG

There are petients that have experiences what they considered accelerated growth from using minoxidil on the recipient area for a couple of months post, op. However, my main concern is that the hair surrounding the recipient area will become "minoxidil dependant" and thus suffer after the minoidil is discontinued.

I guess you would have to ask yourself: is the accelerated growth worth the risk?

-Robert

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Originally posted by troy:

I have read post of people who got on it and got off it, and when they got off they lost more hair, thus I decided not to do it

Minoxidil has to be used consistently and applied diligently, else the user can be doing more harm than good. It's almost never convenient and can even be a pain to fit into your daily regimen. However, the payoff can be great. I fell that it has spurred some great growth in my crown over the last couple of years. Some people, however, say it does nothing for them and/or the alcohol levels irritate their scalps.

If one is seriously considering minoxidil, I would say that the best thing to do is to give it a trial week of useage to see how it fits into your lifestyle. However, if one is getting good results from Propecia alone, then minoxidil is probably not worth the hassle.

-Robert