Dr. Franklin Weinstein - Maryland

dogbert

I am new to the forum and considering hair transplant surgery. I am thinking of using Dr. Franklin Weinstein in Maryland and was wondering if anyone had used him before or at least look into using him?

Is he a good doctor for hair transplant surgery or should I seek out others?

Thanks in advance.

I have never heard of him therefore I would look elsewhere.(I have heard of all good docs) Check out Dr. Vogel or Lindsay that are in the area. Do not be afraid to travel as this is something you'll have to live with forever.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Yep, there are two docs in that region I would consider -- Vogel and Lindsey.....Vogel is in Baltimore, I beleive, and Lindsey is in Reston, VA.

Lindsey has some recent work floating around the main forum pages, which you should look at, in addition to going in for consults with both docs.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

dogbert,

Welcome to our community forum. I am also not familiar with Dr. Weinstein.

NN has given you some good advice. In Maryland, Dr. Vogel is first-rate and an elite member of the Coalition who have consistently proven to perform state of the art hair transplants. See Pat's (our community Publisher) detailed review and visitation of his clinic by clicking here I would definitely consider at least consulting with him and discussing your hair restoration goals.

Dr. Lindsey of Virginia also appears to be doing quality work. He is up for potential recommendation on the Hair Transplant Network. See Dr. Lindsey's potential recommendation thread.

Spend a good amount of time researching all physicians you are considering

Best wishes,

Bill

• 11 months later...

I had my transplant done on Monday by Dr. Weinstein. I met with him last week for a consultation, and decided to go for it. I must admit that I did very little research, before making this decision. I joined the forum today, and I think if I had joined prior to my surgery it would have been very hard to make a decision. Time will tell how successful the procedure was, but I am feeling very confident now.

I am 3 days post op with very little pain, just a strong desire to scratch my head!

It was a great experience, the doctor and his staff are awesome. I thought his price was awesome, and I financed it interest free for a year. His office is less than 10 minutes from my home. I sent him an e-mail yesterday with a few questions, and he called me back instantly. I will certainly keep you posted with my results.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

I had my transplant performed by Dr. Frank Weinstein 2 years ago in his baltimore hair transplant clinic (in Towson/Lutherville if you know the area). He did a fantastic job and I would highly recommend him. Prior to selecting him as my doctor, I must have met with and spoken to every doctor in the Baltimore/DC/Washington area (even looked in Philadelphia and New York a bit). Dr. Weinstein and his staff impressed me the most and he was very reasonably priced for everything he did. He does free consultations and is pretty easy to get a hold of. I would highly recommend considering him for a consultation, even if you decide not to get surgery. He's a straight shooter and gives good advice. (Promotional content removed by moderator)

Edited by TakingThePlunge
Removed promotional conent

Not to be suspicious or anything, but I notice baltimore36 has only ever made 2 posts and they're both posted to old threads about Frank Weinstein. They both list his phone number and address. Why would someone sign up 2 years after a transplant just to promote a doctor?

Jan 2000 - 600 FUT with Dr Kurgis (MHR)

Sept 2011 - 1411 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Jan 2013 - 1800 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Sep 2014 - 1000 FUE with Dr Paul Shapiro

My Hairloss Blog »

• 6 months later...

Dr. Lindsey and Dr. Vogel have been mentioned by others. They are close by with a proven track record of excellent results. I would definitely recommend that you consult with both of them. I would not wory about how close the doctors are to you. People travel across the world to go to a top doctor of their choice. You are wise to be doing research. Do a thorough job. You will be living with your results so you want to make a good informed decision by consulting with several top surgeons and choosing the one you are most comfortable with.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Dr. Lindsey and Dr. Vogel prices are expensive. Dr. Franklin Weinstein's price has been the most reasonable of all the surgeons I met. My only concern now is to research his work results. So if anyone had hair surgery by Franklin and can provide input on the results would be greatly appreciated.

Dr. Lindsey and Dr. Vogel prices are expensive. Dr. Franklin Weinstein's price has been the most reasonable of all the surgeons I met. My only concern now is to research his work results. So if anyone had hair surgery by Franklin and can provide input on the results would be greatly appreciated.