a hair transplant question

If I'm having a hair lost ranging from a class 2A to class 3. How much will it cost me to have a hair transplant? And would it look like my original hair? Is it 100% gauranteed?

If I'm having a hair lost ranging from a class 2A to class 3. How much will it cost me to have a hair transplant? And would it look like my original hair? Is it 100% gauranteed?

You should be on Propecia and probably Rogaine, first and foremost. Lysine can make these treatments more effective. Because you need to try and retain as much of your natural hair as possible, even if you decide to get a hair transplant. The more natural hair you've got, the better. Even if you don't reverse your hair loss, you should definitely make an attempt to halt it from progressing. If you get a transplant, it is important to have stableized your hairloss first. It may help against "shock fallout". And getting a transplant to "stay ahead of your hair loss" is a mistake. A transplant can make your situation worse, if you do suffer from a lot of shock fallout. And since there is not enough donor hair to cover a completely bald head, you need all the natural hair you still have.

There are no guarantees that you will like your results when you are done. In fact, doctors will require you to sign a legal waiver before the surgery, which helps them avoid lawsuits from unhappy customers. Price is usually based per graft, which can range from 4 to 10 bucks per graft. This is a ballpark range, some doctors chrge more and some charge less. Some of the best doctors only charge 5 or 6 bucks per graft. If you need 2000 grafts, you will spend twelve grand. And you should assume that you will need to get more work in the future, if you keep losing hair over time.

A crappy transplant will cost as much as a good one. Don't go to a transplant doctor because they are convenient or cheap, find the best doctor and be willing to travel. Look at as the same type of sub-specialty as getting a heart transplant. You would want to find a top doctor for that, and you'd fly around the world if necessary.

It sounds like you are just learning about transplants. Be careful and educate yourself fully before you get any surgery. There is a risk involved, and thousands of uninformed guys have had their lives ruined by a bad transplant. There is no one to protect you, not the AMA, not anyone. Protect yourself by learning as much as possible before you decide that is what you want.

There is no way you should get a transplant as a 2A/3. The only doctors who will be willing to transplant on you are not the kind of doctors that will give you a good transplant. Go with Propecia and Rogaine and maybe even Lysine. Only Arfy can fully appreciate how right he is on this one.

It really depends on your age and the stability of your pattern, not just the fact that you are class 2A-3. If you are older, say 50, and your pattern is stable, it's no problem. But, if you are 25 and class 2A-3 you should try propecia and wait.

If you go to a good surgeon that does only FUs, it will look natural, but not exactly like your original hair.

No it's not 100% guaranteed. The best you can get is maybe 95-99% graft survival rate, and a donor scar that's not visible.