Post-Op Question on scabs

Hello, its been about 12 days since my HT, and I think I have been over careful when washing the area that some of the scabs are stuck on the transplanted hair. I am worried that if I rub too hard or pull on them I could also pull out the hair follicle. I am told that the follicle should have healed after a week, but is it possible that it can be still pulled out? Just worried I'm gonna mess things up icon_smile.gif

Hello, its been about 12 days since my HT, and I think I have been over careful when washing the area that some of the scabs are stuck on the transplanted hair. I am worried that if I rub too hard or pull on them I could also pull out the hair follicle. I am told that the follicle should have healed after a week, but is it possible that it can be still pulled out? Just worried I'm gonna mess things up icon_smile.gif

I doubt very much if you could pull out a follicle after 12 days. However, if you cause bleeding when you pull off the scabs you could possibly damage the follicle.

• 2 weeks later...

I used it (medicated gauze, shampoo and spray) and my scabs fell off after about 7 days. The whole procedure was un-noticable after 10 days. I actually went to a party at 11 days and no one said a word about my scalp.