fue w/dr feller

yukon

Yes if you want to go down to almost zero guard there definately can be signs of extractions. And do not believe just becaused it is called Fue it is all of the same quality. Think of it as if you were researching strip. Bosley does strip so does H&W. But when you do your just research you will see H&W far outclass Bosleys work.If you are thinking #2 guard on the clippers yes I have seen very high quality work that you can be happy with using the Fue technique.

Franklin--- in your experience, could you offer some docs who perform FUE that you have seen?

Giving people advice on this topic is so up and down because of extraction technique, size of extraction devices, stick and place or no stick and place, cost, results, etc...

It would really help if you could offer some real insight into a few doctors whose work you have seen.

Don't worry about others thinking about promotion, etc... just some honest feedback from a guy who has been around a few years.

Thanks!

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Well I do not really want to promote certain docs over another that is not what I think is the main function of the boards. I can say I have seen Dr. coles work, Dr Jones. And Of course many many former patients of my doctors work dating back to 2002 that is what made me make up my mind. I can say his extraction sites overall are the smallest I have seen and with the yield that follows. Your going to hear also about what kind of tools some are using and how small and great they are but if the experience is not there yield can suffer. I was a past strip patient nothing against it and my scar is not horrible not great I would say somewhere in the middle. After 3 strips I just did not want to go through it again. I can say I walked around with a very low guard #1 clip for 7 months after the procedure and no one ever asked me about the extractions just the strip scar . But today the hair in the back covers it up since I grew it out.

I have seen pics of fue shaved down and there does not appear to be any scarring. Obviously you cant really judge by a pic on the internet. It probably depends on the doctor and how the person heals.

yucko

yucko-

I won't get into the FUE/STRIP as it seems you've already gotten tons of info on them. As for the scarring, ANY FUE procedure is going to leave scars......some better/worse than others depending on the quality of work you received AND how well you heal (pure genetics). I've seen some FUE results that yes, you could clip down to #1 or #2 and be fine, then I've seen some whose heads look like the face of a golf ball up close with tons of little white dots.

I guess that's why I didn't sweat the strip scar.............I figured if I could clip down to #4 (1/2") and it wasn't noticable it was good enough for me. I can easily clip to #4 with no scar visible due to tricho closure where hair grows through the scar, however, when my hair is around 3/4"-1" there's a slight "cowlick".........no big deal and definitely not a noticable thing but it is there..............just the way the hair grows through the scar. For reference, if you look at my blog(attached in sig), the hair around the scar is around 1"

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Posted August 25, 2006 10:53 PM August 25, 2006 10:53 PM Hide Post

yeah i think it will definitely grow again!

good thing i keept long hair in the back so i can cover my scar now.

its only visible if hair is wet.

fortunately i live in arizona so its never raining here! Hairbank- Just wanted to show you this post. I sent this guy a private message to ask him about his scar. Steve

yucko