HELP!! On Propecia for 6 months and still thinning!!

Phroso

I'm 22 and I started taking Propecia in July. I've taken it every day (though I admittedly have missed a couple) and while I started with a full head of hair, and it still is full, I STILL notice overall thinning.

Now, I know I'm supposed to experience shedding, I guess I am? Why should my hair, after 6 months, still appear to be thinning? Should I continue to use it? Does it take longer for some men to see results?

PLEASE help!!

Thanks!!

Hey,

I think when you start propecia after week or two you should see lots of shedding, after 3 months the shedding should stop n new hair growth should arise , everyone is different.

I started propecia my self, 3 weeks ago, I am shedding heaps at the moment, but now its decreasing.

if my hair dont stop falling in 3 months time, i will just quit

Propecia .5mg

1/2 tablet of hairscript formula

from my understanding its suggested you stay on it for a full year and then assess its effectiveness or lack there of for you individually. In addition, if you are one of the lucky ones and you experience re-growth, this can continue (new hair growing) during the second year as well.

Have you had any side effects from it?

No, I have had no side affects at all. I just feel like I'm wasting money on absolutely nothing.

I felt like I experience a lot of shedding the first few weeks I was on the medication, as well as breaking out on my scalp. I thought it was working, but all I think it did was kick my hair out and keep it out.

But, I suppose I should wait it out a year and see results (if any?)? Would a trip to a doctor be in order?

Should I perhaps start using Rogaine in my daily regiment? I already use Nizoral shampoo once a week.

Thanks you so much for your replies, I really appreciate it!!

when you say..."kick your hair out and keep it out"...are you referring to shedding?

yeah, I would wait it out at least for a year...Its not that expensive is it?

try rogaine in addition to propecia. Its supposed to have a synergistic effect. especially if your already trying the shampoo. I think rogaine is more beneficial than the shampoo. good luck...

Phroso,

Welcome to our community.

In my opinion, it is best to give Propecia at least one year before deciding whether or not it is working for you.

You might want to consider adding Rogaine 5% (foam or liquid) to your regime. When used combined, they are said to have a synergistic effect and creates the greatest chance at combating hair loss and maybe even restoring hair.

Adding Nizoral 2% or Revita shampoo as an adjunct treatment may also prove to be beneficial. The active ingredient "ketoconazole" is said to be a "weak" anti-DHT agent.

There is a possibility however, that hair loss medication won't work for you. But using these 3 (often referred to as the "Big 3") hair loss drugs is your best chance.

Best wishes,

Bill