Information

Has anybody had any hair transplants with Dr. Leon Goldstein at the Connecticut Hair & transplant Group? I have been unable to find any information on himm or the company.

Has anybody had any hair transplants with Dr. Leon Goldstein at the Connecticut Hair & transplant Group? I have been unable to find any information on himm or the company.

I looked at their website, and it looks like they are not doing top-notch work. The best doctors are using microscopes to dissect "FU" grafts. However, their website may simply be out of date. http://www.chtg.com/

Ask them if they use microscopes to dissect their grafts. Microscopes can increase graft yield, reportedly by someing like 20 to 25 percent. Don't even think of going to a clinic that doesn't dissect all of their grafts with microscopes!

Read this: The Best Procedure which will explain what techniques are being used by the better doctors. If Dr. Goldstein does not use these methods EXCLUSIVELY (not just "once in a while") avoid him, and anyone else who doesn't use these methods.

Dr. Goldstein's website says he uses Minigraft and Micrograft techniques, which are old and outdated methods from the mid-80s. Clinics that use these methods are not doing the "best" work and will give you a generic (and probably pluggy) looking transplant. You can do MUCH better than Minigrafts and Micrografts!

However, to be fair, his website might just need updating. Ask him if he uses microscopes to dissect his grafts, and ask him if he exclusively uses Follicular Unit grafts. If he uses Minigrafts and Micrografts, you can do MUCH MUCH better than Dr. Goldstein.

Also, if I were you, I would do a lot of research on this website and on the internet before I sit down in somebody's operating room for a hair transplant. Read this website from top to bottom! Look at the "Find a Great Surgeon" section and read each doctors' website from top to bottom. This is called "doing your homework".

If you don't do your homework, you could get totally screwed.