How we recommend Hair Transplant Physicians

Finding a hair transplant expert is a very crucial task for a person who wants to get the surgery done. There are several criteria for finding the expert. The skill, cost, infrastrusture etc are few major criteion for the same.

• 2 years later...
On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 7:44 PM, Bill - Managing Publisher said:

Swati,

I agree with you. That's why the Hair Transplant Network, we prescreen surgeons and only recommend those who meet our demanding standards.

Bill

Arent there some excellent surgeons out there not recommended because they don't wish to correspond with this forum?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Pat or one of the moderators,

I am new here. I have question re doctors recommended. I used to see Dr. Bhatti and Dr. Sethi from India recommended here. Is that no longer the case? They are not in list of recommended doctors. Thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Ive been looking for a reputable doctor outside of the US to get a ht but it seems the more I look the more uncertain I become. Been looking at Turkey I’ve heard good but some bad depending on doctor. Main reason I want to do outside US is price. I’m willing to spend 10k probably need about 2500-3k grafts but of great quality. I know 10k is on the higher side for somehwere like Turkey but I’m willing to spend it on quality without having to spend 20k back home.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Hotwiskey said:

Ive been looking for a reputable doctor outside of the US to get a ht but it seems the more I look the more uncertain I become. Been looking at Turkey I’ve heard good but some bad depending on doctor. Main reason I want to do outside US is price. I’m willing to spend 10k probably need about 2500-3k grafts but of great quality. I know 10k is on the higher side for somehwere like Turkey but I’m willing to spend it on quality without having to spend 20k back home.

Here is the forums recommended list:

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp?sr=HRN-MOB

Could you start your own thread ? Then we could help guide you, thanks 🙏 

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...

I think in addition of having a recommended list, there should also be an avoid list or a scale where those at the bottom are obviously to be avoided. I had a really bad experience with a physician and would like others to avoid the same mistakes I made. 

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella

5 minutes ago, mavigo said:

I think in addition of having a recommended list, there should also be an avoid list or a scale where those at the bottom are obviously to be avoided. I had a really bad experience with a physician and would like others to avoid the same mistakes I made. 

This has been asked before, and been turned down for different reasons, if I find the thread I was reading the other day I will include it. The best thing that you can actually do is create you’re own thread and post you’re experiance incl as many details as possible, that way not only have you provided evidence, the Dr/Clinics name will be searchable. 
Unfortunately though what tends to happen, is people will research too late, and only discover this forum after having a hair transplant, and not before. 
That and a lot of the time people don’t actually take any notice of the forums advice… 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Britalien said:

This has been asked before, and been turned down for different reasons, if I find the thread I was reading the other day I will include it. The best thing that you can actually do is create you’re own thread and post you’re experiance incl as many details as possible, that way not only have you provided evidence, the Dr/Clinics name will be searchable. 
Unfortunately though what tends to happen, is people will research too late, and only discover this forum after having a hair transplant, and not before. 
That and a lot of the time people don’t actually take any notice of the forums advice… 

Personally, I never thought I would be using a forum like this. And that's another reason to not post results because it's humiliating to admit that I'm an idiot and made a massive mistake. I expect to be severely lectures and take a lot of flack. I used to think I was pretty smart but I just keep reconfirming that I'm dumb. I'll eventually get the courage to compose a post. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mavigo said:

Personally, I never thought I would be using a forum like this. And that's another reason to not post results because it's humiliating to admit that I'm an idiot and made a massive mistake. I expect to be severely lectures and take a lot of flack. I used to think I was pretty smart but I just keep reconfirming that I'm dumb. I'll eventually get the courage to compose a post. 

They’re are many of us members that made a poor decision for our first HT (I’m included) it’s only after arriving here you really start to learn and are able to thoroughly research Drs/Clinics. If you don’t feel comfortable posting that’s fine, I understand that totally, I have been pressed and questioned about my initial Hts many times, I withdrew the pics/info. All we can do is do better for the next choice . I don’t know about your situation but I was wowed by marketing and taken in by the cherry picked results shown to me in an very plush London Clinic. 14 years later and with hindsight (a wonderful thing) I would have done things very differently. 

Edited by Britalien
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Britalien said:

They’re are many of us members that made a poor decision for our first HT (I’m included) it’s only after arriving here you really start to learn and are able to thoroughly research Drs/Clinics. If you don’t feel comfortable posting that’s fine, I understand that totally, I have been pressed and questioned about my initial Hts many times, I withdrew the pics/info. All we can do is do better for the next choice . I don’t know about your situation but I was wowed by marketing and taken in by the cherry picked results shown to me in an very plush London Clinic. 14 years later and with hindsight (a wonderful thing) I would have done things very differently. 

I appreciate this comment. I actually was more driven by convenience, the doc is board certified through AHRS and I could not find anything bad about him until I found archived posts on this forum from decades ago. I actually could find almost nothing so I mistook lack of information to not be the same as bad information, I now know both are the same. It could have been worse actually so I look at it as it's not that bad, needs to be fixed but could have been so much worse. I might be grasping at straws but... 

12 minutes ago, mavigo said:

I appreciate this comment. I actually was more driven by convenience, the doc is board certified through AHRS and I could not find anything bad about him until I found archived posts on this forum from decades ago. I actually could find almost nothing so I mistook lack of information to not be the same as bad information, I now know both are the same. It could have been worse actually so I look at it as it's not that bad, needs to be fixed but could have been so much worse. I might be grasping at straws but... 

Yes so many people want to stay local and/or driven by convenience, a clinic close by and can fit me in ? Great… you might think… I did not even consider going out of the Uk to find a much better option. I kicked myself for quite a long time after joining here over a decade ago. I have been saying for a long time that we cannot rely on any of the abbreviated recommendations. All I ask is people actually examine the Drs/Clinics and go looking for real results, personally I think the forum list here is better than others (incl other forums) not that I’m bias, it’s simply the only one that clinics cannot just get accepted by paying a fee, they have to be considered and approved by the forum and the members. And that list has changed/evolved over the time I have been here, anyone who’s standards slip get dropped, and we also have some more recent additions which are more worldwide. Personally I still think it’s US heavy, and of course not prefect (none are) it’s as good a starting point as any. 
But yes IAHRS/ISHRS/ABHRS is not a guarantee of quality work. 

Edited by Britalien
  • Like 1

Just now, Britalien said:

Yes so many people want to stay local and/or driven by convenience, a clinic close by and can fit me in ? Great… you might think… I did not even consider going out of the Uk to find a much better option. I kicked myself for quite a long time after joining here over a decade ago. I have been saying for a long time that we cannot rely on any of the abbreviated recommendations. All I ask is people actually examine the Drs/Clinics and go looking for real results, personally I think the forum list here is better than others (incl other forums) not that I’m bias, it’s simply the only one that clinics cannot just get accepted by paying a fee, they have to be considered and approved by the forum and the members. And tang list has changed/evolved over the time I have been here, anyone who’s standards slip get dropped, and we also have some more recent additions which are more worldwide. Personally I still think it’s US heavy, and of course not prefect (none are) it’s as good a starting point as any. 
But yes IAHRS/ISHRS/ABHRS is not a guarantee of quality work. 

I tried to message you but I can't. Yeah, I ignored the "you have to travel" thing but I hate flying and basically won't do it. I'm in the Midwest and don't object to road trips. Chicago is the nearest big city to me and I'm ashamed I didn't go there, there's a couple of docs there that are discussing my repair options with. I also dismissed the doctors limited photos as not a big deal, well it was. Water under the bridge now but I'm hopeful for the repair procedure. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/1/2022 at 1:47 AM, mavigo said:

Great Post here.

And @mavigo you have a great idea, it would be really helpful to have a list of clinics/doctors that we should avoid at all costs... Also, could you share the name of the doctor and the clinic where you had the bad experience? 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/25/2023 at 6:54 AM, Zinedine said:

Great Post here.

And @mavigo you have a great idea, it would be really helpful to have a list of clinics/doctors that we should avoid at all costs... Also, could you share the name of the doctor and the clinic where you had the bad experience? 

It would but it's been explained to me that it's not feasible. I have the clinic/physician listed in my signature. I've also made posts about that substandard experience too. 

On 6/18/2023 at 11:24 AM, Here4hairs said:

Any list of top repair surgeons that are recommended?

Any physician listed on this site is suitable to do repairs. Konior, Hasson & Wong; and Mwamba are physicians where I see lots of repair posts. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We recommend hair transplant physicians based on their proven expertise, patient reviews, and successful track record in delivering natural-looking results. Our selection process prioritizes qualified professionals who prioritize patient satisfaction and safety in hair restoration procedures.

• 4 weeks later...