Female Hair transplant with Dr. Charles

zub

I just had a hair transplant procedure done by Dr. Charles in Boca Raton, Florida. I must say that I'm extremely lucky and happy to have found Dr. Charles. I've been to so many consultations with many of the "well known" hair restoration groups. Dr. Charles is by far the BEST. From the minute I walked into his office for the first time, I knew that I have found the right doctor. Many of these "well known" hair restoration groups will have you speak with a consultant on your first visit, and then have the doctor speak with you for about "2" minutes. Well, I must inform you that Dr Charles is not just the doctor but also the consultant. He will personally meet with you and tell you in details about the procedure. The staff is incredible. They make you feel so comfortable. The procedure went very well. I was given step by step post operative intructions by Dr. Charles. The recovery was painless. I didn't need to take any pain killer medications. I'm excited and can't wait to start seeing hair growth. I encourage all women out there that are suffering from hair loss to take the step in getting the procedure done. You'll be happy you did and wish you had done it sooner. I highly recommend Dr. Charles. Even if you do not live in the State of Florida, it's worth making a trip to Florida to get the procedure done by Dr. Charles. They'll even assist in making the travel arrangements and accommodations.

Dr. Charles is the BEST!!!!!!!!

I just had a hair transplant procedure done by Dr. Charles in Boca Raton, Florida. I must say that I'm extremely lucky and happy to have found Dr. Charles. I've been to so many consultations with many of the "well known" hair restoration groups. Dr. Charles is by far the BEST. From the minute I walked into his office for the first time, I knew that I have found the right doctor. Many of these "well known" hair restoration groups will have you speak with a consultant on your first visit, and then have the doctor speak with you for about "2" minutes. Well, I must inform you that Dr Charles is not just the doctor but also the consultant. He will personally meet with you and tell you in details about the procedure. The staff is incredible. They make you feel so comfortable. The procedure went very well. I was given step by step post operative intructions by Dr. Charles. The recovery was painless. I didn't need to take any pain killer medications. I'm excited and can't wait to start seeing hair growth. I encourage all women out there that are suffering from hair loss to take the step in getting the procedure done. You'll be happy you did and wish you had done it sooner. I highly recommend Dr. Charles. Even if you do not live in the State of Florida, it's worth making a trip to Florida to get the procedure done by Dr. Charles. They'll even assist in making the travel arrangements and accommodations.

Dr. Charles is the BEST!!!!!!!!

Hi Zub,

Welcome to this community and very glad to hear of your positive experience with Dr. Charles and staff. They certainly are a well orchestrated team.

Yes Dr. Charles is very meticulous from the consultation right through to the procedure. He is very involved with his patients including post-op care. He checks on every one right after surgery.

The best is yet to come. You should be just as happy with the grown-in result!

It's nice to see more female patients participate in these forums. Best wishes to you.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Hi Zub, glad to hear you had a wonderful experience with dr. charles. He is one of the doctors i am looking into right now because his work is very good, among some of the best i've seen, but he doesn't do large surgeries like other doctors, that is one of the main reasons i am still looking around. And you are right, he is very good with talking to his clients and potential clients. Just wondering how many grafts you had, and if you don't mind me asking, how much the procedure was? My email address is skylark781@hotmail.com if you can please email me. Good luck.

Zub,

It's great to hear about your awesome experience with Dr. Glenn Charles. It echoes what other patients of his have posted on these forums.

Stillhere,

You can consult with Dr. Charles directly by filling out his virtual consultation form.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Hello. I wanted to ask a few questions and make a few comments. I am a female who had hair transplants done in Aug 2002. ~360 micro grafts to the frontal hairline. I am VERY pleased with the outcome and might consider having more done except for the problem of hair loss after the procedure. I lost ALMOST ALL of the hair I had in the area of the grafts. This was a VERY hard thing to tolerate for the 9 months till the regrowth came in. I am interested in knowing if many other people had this experience?

madonetwo,

Welcome to this forum community and trust you are finding it insightful.

Shockloss as you experienced is virtually unpredictable patient-to-patient. There are however enough case experiences such as yours to establish the general opinion that the more "natural" hair there is in the recipient area, the more potential for shockloss. And that is why some surgeons approach these areas of "diffused thinning" with smaller graft sessions. They may encourage the patient to not dense-pack the recipient area where there is considerable natural hair to shock out "if" the patient is concerned about this issue post-op. There are so many micro-incisions created very close to one-another which can create alot more trauma to the scalp. I have yet to hear a patient state they have no shockloss concerns so yours is very legitimate as well.

Not sure if the smaller session you had was your surgeon's idea or your budget but just think if you would have had alot more grafts, your shockloss may have been very dramatic.

Lastly, ask your doctor about pre-op as well as post-op measures you can take to try to keep shockloss as low as possible. Best wishes to you.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY